Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Are there any DOTA like games that have bots? I'm kinda feeling the urge but I don't want to play with humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Anybody got some crosswords apps to recommend? And any word games in the vein of Letter Quest?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lufia posted:

Anybody got some crosswords apps to recommend? And any word games in the vein of Letter Quest?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.totsp.crossword.shortyz

Pretty much the definitive crossword game/app. At least I think so.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
yea shortyz w/ nyt subscription

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

got some chores tonight posted:

yea shortyz w/ nyt subscription

Even without that, the amount of new free content you get DAILY is insane. Just absolutely incredible.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Count me as another vote for Shortyz, although I don't play as much anymore. The interface could use a few tweaks, but the content is great.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Are there any swinging games like Bionic Commando that I'm missing? Just downloaded one with a circus theme and it was meh. I loved Super Quickhook on iOS a while back. Is there a Spider-Man game or something similar?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Just chiming in, looty dungeon, and that mine sweeper game are indeed both really great!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Are there any swinging games like Bionic Commando that I'm missing? Just downloaded one with a circus theme and it was meh. I loved Super Quickhook on iOS a while back. Is there a Spider-Man game or something similar?

It's not a platformer, but Slingshot Racing is good.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

mrkillboy posted:

MAXIMUM CAR is a new pixelated 3D racer that plays a lot like Burnout. Its pretty fun, though it gets a bit silly at times (the game doesn't take itself very seriously).

edit: Protip: turn off the announcer in the settings

I'm having a good time with this! I haven't liked driving stuff in the past but the controls are good in this. I often run out of race tokens so I have to watch an ad to get more but that seems like you could do it endlessly. Also you can just pay to get unlimited races so that's cool too.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

MAXIMUM CAR didn't do it for me, but I actually enjoyed the dumb announcer :shobon:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Mikey Hooks

I honestly don't think I ever tried it, but I got it in a Humble Bundle, so it popped into my mind. Noodlecake is usually pretty dependable for good stuff.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Adult Swim's Peter Panic, a game best described as WarioWare meets a musical (with songs and actual Broadway talent), is out now on Android.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I can't breathe.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.armysniper.shootercrime

quote:

Now is future in fight the sniper shooting, simulator 3d sniper shooting and kill, escape a city to survive us army commando 3d sniper on this crime of future simulator, war battlefield and execute a duty to the country! Commando, the survive army sniper us 3D killer take out a dead of target by a sniper kill shooter. Hes killer sniper 3d shooting sharpened the most at that all time. Contra straik 3d is

American us sniper simulator in future city crime you are a 3d sniper the assassin which must complete the mission impossible in the crime of city! Sawing criminal case and find a killer!
When the whole world war consumed crime in captain, 3d sniper shooting, frontline real enemy tanks and steel guns. Army commando sniper, is 3d sniper shooter is best frontline survival commando in us army sniper which have super heroes skills to kill one shot. Mission to destroy crime in the future, and kill crime mafia, and investigates criminal case! The future in crime of simulator, deadly sniper shot, use assassin sniper 3d rifle, real target. The us army sniper 3d is now in the armed with real sniper guns steel gun and shoot in to kill, protect justice. Duty Army Sniper 3d shooting is assassination sneak , contract of sniper a grand thief or ninja give a fatal blow from behind the sniper 3d shooting target! Become a us army sniper 3d in the battlefield. Now is future crime fight the sniper shooting, simulator 3d sniper shoot in to kill, escape games to survive army commando, us sniper 3d on this crime
Duty Army Sniper 3d shooting is very bloody and merciless but you duty strike to the end this epic war.

Do not enter into of sniper with the enemy, simple destroy them us army powerful counter strike by elite dangerous army. Destroy your target military soldiers and contract with assassin sniper 3d. You, as an elite assassin sniper and revenge of us army american soldier, a real the steel sniper killer are the last line of defense of tower city of crime against the terrorists.
Get Duty Army Sniper 3d shooting FREE on the Store Now! If you like killing time play sniper games, shooting game, battle and crime in simulator.

... and several more from this talented developer, whose account has apparently been in good standing since 2015.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

NihilCredo posted:

I can't breathe.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.armysniper.shootercrime

... and several more from this talented developer, whose account has apparently been in good standing since 2015.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
They don't have many games on the Play Store, but T-Bull's catalog on Amazon App Store is all word salad all day https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=T-Bull%20Sp.%20z%20o.o.&node=2350149011

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Lufia posted:

Spellspire is really good.

Alphabear doesn't have any of the rpg elements but is a similar well polished game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Humble Bundle out. The games this round are:

Westport Independent
_PRISM
Sage Solitaire
Twofold Inc. ($6 or more)
Goat Simulator ($6 or more)
Ghost of Memories (beat the average)
Door Kickers (beat the average)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It's not a platformer, but Slingshot Racing is good.

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Mikey Hooks

I honestly don't think I ever tried it, but I got it in a Humble Bundle, so it popped into my mind. Noodlecake is usually pretty dependable for good stuff.

Thank you both. I'll check these out!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Humble Bundle out. The games this round are:

Sage Solitaire

Does the Premium version of Sage Solitaire get a bit easier? I'm so bad at it :negative:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nope! It's just more cards and more suffering.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Just a heads up, Slingshot Racing crashes when I start it on my S7 Edge. A quick glance at recent reviews seems to indicate this is a problem for many phones.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Slingshot Racing works fine on Huawei P9, and is goddamn addictive. So simple to pick up and then you start trying to maximise your speed...

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Flappy Golf 2, the sequel to the surprisingly good Flappy Golf is out. Alas, its currently full of (non removable) ads that crash the game on my phone unfortunately.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I've really enjoyed King of Dragon Pass; Sorcery and Joe Devers Lone Wolf recently. Are there any other story-style games like those that are worth picking up?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
This War of Mine is on sale again for $4 (down from $15). In addition, the game has been updated to add The Little Ones DLC (which costs $3 I think) which makes the already depressing game even more depressing by adding kids into the mix.

In other news, for anyone who listens to the No Such Thing As a Fish podcast, the Qiktionary word game they keep shilling on it is now out for Android.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 13, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

This War of Mine is on sale again for $4 (down from $15). In addition, the game has been updated to add The Little Ones DLC (which costs $3 I think) which makes the already depressing game even more depressing by adding kids into the mix.

Anyone know how This War Of Mine plays on mobile? I can't imagine it on a cell phone, but I loving loved it on PC.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

Anyone know how This War Of Mine plays on mobile? I can't imagine it on a cell phone, but I loving loved it on PC.

It plays just fine on a phone but IMO the dedicated phone interface can get a bit cluttered. It works better on a tablet, which uses the PC interface (smaller icons etc).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 13, 2016

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Moreau posted:

I've really enjoyed King of Dragon Pass; Sorcery and Joe Devers Lone Wolf recently. Are there any other story-style games like those that are worth picking up?

Play the old school lone wolf games:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GDVGames.LoneWolfBiblio

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Bread sim I Am Bread is out on the Play Store.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I don't think I missed any posts in the last 4-5 pages on it, but did anyone from the Android thread start a Syndicate in Shadow Wars yet? A few of us were taking about it in the iOS thread and I noticed a few guilds with Goon in the name so I thought I'd check here before we start a new one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, anyone with an LG G4 (or a lesser phone) that has played Spacechem? How does it handle on phones? I realize it's more of a tablet-type game, but I don't have one.

I'm familiar with the game, and while I haven't played a lot of it on Steam, it's like the perfect game that I'd play here and there, on the go.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, anyone with an LG G4 (or a lesser phone) that has played Spacechem? How does it handle on phones? I realize it's more of a tablet-type game, but I don't have one.

I'm familiar with the game, and while I haven't played a lot of it on Steam, it's like the perfect game that I'd play here and there, on the go.

I remember way back when it first came out on mobile that people were saying its not worth it to get it on a phone. It's very much a tablet game.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The UI doesn't really scale well to a phone, I wouldn't recommend it. Also, to be honest, I found it extremely tedious without all the keyboard shortcuts to change tool and such.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Aredna posted:

I don't think I missed any posts in the last 4-5 pages on it, but did anyone from the Android thread start a Syndicate in Shadow Wars yet? A few of us were taking about it in the iOS thread and I noticed a few guilds with Goon in the name so I thought I'd check here before we start a new one.

Post if you find out. I'm in a pubie one now and level 21.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Trampus posted:

Post if you find out. I'm in a pubie one now and level 21.

Here's the latest iOS post - we'll cross post here when we get a guild. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659022&pagenumber=389#post465306276

If we create it we'll have to decide on a faction so jump over there and post opinions if you have any.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tunga posted:

The UI doesn't really scale well to a phone, I wouldn't recommend it. Also, to be honest, I found it extremely tedious without all the keyboard shortcuts to change tool and such.

Ok, thanks, both you and Nalin, for the thoughts on that. Guess I'll skip it.

I've got about $6 CAD in my google play wallet and am looking for something good. Is the Beta for Don't Starve any good? I've played the Steam version, so I know the game, but haven't gotten really far in it. Same situation as Spacechem, really.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Dungeon warfare is really good. It's $3.99 USD. Not sure what that is in geese and whisky. No IAP.

Ignore the stupid meme description. It's really good. It's a 2D Orcs Must Die. There are a ton of traps and items, and almost too many levels. You earn XP from killing things, which turns into gems to upgrade traps etc. Beating some levels gets you runes, which you can activate to make a level more difficult that also acts as an XP modifier when you replay a level.

Traps range from the usual slow/AoE/shooting tower defense types to physics, minions, and more.

Only caveat is I don't know how it is on a phone. It's great on tablet though.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Enigma posted:

Dungeon warfare is really good. It's $3.99 USD. Not sure what that is in geese and whisky. No IAP.

Ignore the stupid meme description. It's really good. It's a 2D Orcs Must Die. There are a ton of traps and items, and almost too many levels. You earn XP from killing things, which turns into gems to upgrade traps etc. Beating some levels gets you runes, which you can activate to make a level more difficult that also acts as an XP modifier when you replay a level.

Traps range from the usual slow/AoE/shooting tower defense types to physics, minions, and more.

It's fine on my phone, I should give it a go on my tablet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Enigma posted:

Buy this! It's really, really good.

Each map is like a puzzle where you find out the best layout to beat it. I typically struggle with the maps until I crack the code and figure out the strategy that works for the traps i have unlocked.

I wish it had an ultra slow mode so I could leave it on my desk all day and just watch it go

I'm playing on an S6 edge and it controls just fine