Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if you've never gotten called in at 4am to take out the trash in the PSGs office in the motorpool then I just don't even know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

if you've never gotten called in at 4am to take out the trash in the PSGs office in the motorpool then I just don't even know

Two am for me. The weekend before deployment.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

i got that a LOT for room inspections when i was at campbell.

3:45am RING RING RING "get into ACUs, we will be up to your room in 15 minutes for a room inspection"

why the gently caress did i have to get into ACUs for that stupid poo poo when PT wasn't for another three goddamn hours.

4:07am as they are leaving "pack a ruck and get down to the company by 0445 for a ruck march"

THE gently caress??

sick call was p crowded on those days

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

milk milk lemonade posted:

The land line doesn't even solve the problem. Is anyone else old enough to remember that? Just ignore calls and say you weren't home. Not like I have to wait by the phone all the time lt col dickhead

This problem still exists at intelligence agencies where the entire building is a SCIF. It's a blessing and a curse.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Could you be a hooah soldier but not believe in using electronic technology? Like for some religious reason about using tools of the devil and just driving a really old school car, thus not requiring a phone of any type and shamming out of anything and everything

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MurderBot posted:

Could you be a hooah soldier but not believe in using electronic technology? Like for some religious reason about using tools of the devil and just driving a really old school car, thus not requiring a phone of any type and shamming out of anything and everything

Like a Mennonite or something?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

Like a Mennonite or something?

mennonites have come a long way

they are amish people with iphones

btw the army sucks

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

mennonites have come a long way

they are amish people with iphones

btw the army sucks

Uhhh no argument there. I just mentioned Mennonite because a dude in my old unit had been a Mennonite.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
gently caress, the field?!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I still miss the military in general *thus my attempt at the cream corn OCS* but I would totally love it if I could do it on my terms:

Rule 1: 8-5 most days, which will involve going to the range every so often but just me and who I choose. Bob Barker is in the safety tower and continues to let us know to spay and neuter our pets

Rule 2: Field days will not last longer than 4 days and I must be put up in a hotel

Rule 3: I'm immediately promoted to Major General

Rule 4: unlimited sick days and leave time

Rule 5: I have a hot secretary for an office that I will use when needed

Rule 6: I don't have to really do anything if I don't want to because my contract says so

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

words do not exist that accurately describe how much i hate the army

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

words do not exist that accurately describe how much i hate the army

do you feel the knot of rage in your gut and feel your blood pressure rise sometimes when you stop and just think about the army?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MurderBot posted:

I still miss the military in general *thus my attempt at the cream corn OCS* but I would totally love it if I could do it on my terms:

Rule 1: 8-5 most days, which will involve going to the range every so often but just me and who I choose. Bob Barker is in the safety tower and continues to let us know to spay and neuter our pets

Rule 2: Field days will not last longer than 4 days and I must be put up in a hotel

Rule 3: I'm immediately promoted to Major General

Rule 4: unlimited sick days and leave time

Rule 5: I have a hot secretary for an office that I will use when needed

Rule 6: I don't have to really do anything if I don't want to because my contract says so

can we smoke weed in your army because if we can i will join your army just station me in colorado please

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

can we smoke weed in your army because if we can i will join your army just station me in colorado please
Throw in powered armor and I'm in, too

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

So yes, you can smoke weed all you want but you can't be actively high at work. Sorry there has to be some order.

But yeah bruh 100% 1st pick duty station in my army.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
are there any sort of enlistment options for those of us who choose not to leave our houses?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

are there any sort of enlistment options for those of us who choose not to leave our houses?

The mobile infantry. Control a murder bot from your mobile phone.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Most of you must have never worked in the private sector, because the biggest item missing on that list is working from home. 90% of the unclassified poo poo in the Army above the company level can be accomplished from home, no reason to go to a stupid rear end formation in the morning or sit in a cube farm in a shittily renovated building built while Patton was still a butter bar.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
eh nevermind the army is just STUPID AF

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

Most of you must have never worked in the private sector, because the biggest item missing on that list is working from home. 90% of the unclassified poo poo in the Army above the company level can be accomplished from home, no reason to go to a stupid rear end formation in the morning or sit in a cube farm in a shittily renovated building built while Patton was still a butter bar.

PT and tradition (but mostly pt) you heartless shitbag

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

do you feel the knot of rage in your gut and feel your blood pressure rise sometimes when you stop and just think about the army?

yeah a bit of the red mist descends and i feel like screaming aloud how stupid and bad an organization it is

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

This Saturday, I'm going to be sleeping in while the people in my old unit take a PT test. Feels good. Might even wake up a bit early and go for a leisurely run around the lake at a nice, slow 9 minute pace.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

This Saturday, I'm going to be sleeping in while the people in my old unit take a PT test. Feels good. Might even wake up a bit early and go for a leisurely run around the lake at a nice, slow 9 minute pace.

go to their track and walk two miles at the same time

wear earbuds, untucked shirt, ankle length black socks or vibram five toes

stop for a smoke break halfway through

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So that hot office and secretary you might use. Like which one are you using? Cause that office man...if you get your own?

Dude I played video games when I should have been working. A lot.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

We do have enlistment bonus's for those who wish to enlist in the Ministry of Paranormal Warfare of Military Intelligence.

Please PM me if you would like to know more.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I would like to know more

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

PT and tradition (but mostly pt) you heartless shitbag

I think it was this forum that taught me everything there is to know about tradition:

Tradition is always used as an excuse to do something retarded, never as an excuse to do something smart.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Soulex posted:

I would like to know more

enlistment bonus is $5,000 *half upon completion of Paranormal Warfare School half at the end of your enlistment* and Airborne school.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Airborne is a deal breaker. I don't believe in things that can fly

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

psydude posted:

I absolutely hated doing group PT while in, but I'm running more now that I'm out and this morning I ran slow as hell and stopped at a mile and a half.

You know why I stopped? Because I loving felt like it and I'm an adult.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

No heart.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No motivation.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The Rat posted:

No heart.

I make sure to always run at least two miles so that I still qualify as having heart.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sounds like someone didn't make it. Because their weak little heart couldn't take it.

:suicide:

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

What was that poo poo called when you were on a bigger mission and everytime you hit some objective or waypoint or phaseline you'd radio up a different codeword and they were alphabetical and poo poo like sportsball teams or beers or whatever? Like you clear the village and you're like "Becks" and then you go to the next place and you radio up "Coors"?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Phase line?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Retarded. You call it retarded

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

What was that poo poo called when you were on a bigger mission and everytime you hit some objective or waypoint or phaseline you'd radio up a different codeword and they were alphabetical and poo poo like sportsball teams or beers or whatever? Like you clear the village and you're like "Becks" and then you go to the next place and you radio up "Coors"?

One time I was responsible for helping plan a route and had to come up with the dumb phase line names with another guy that had been in Italy with me and we named them after all of the Italian strip clubs we had been too. Then my commander pussied out and changed the names because they weren't professional enough. Motherfucker those were professional enough to remain in business for years

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

if i have no heart why i have pulse? checkmate first sargent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

You're on an LVAD

You just got Grey's Anatomy'd

• Locked thread