Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ah, the Stafford line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Trast posted:

Haslem is an rear end in a top hat while the Dolphins owner is a Michigan man. I'm not sure if those are the same thing.

Yes but does Miami have analytics?!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios was the most correct poster: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783372&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post464134235

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles fans are strong minded.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Osweiler was quick to take the QB1 spot on the All-Hilarious Contracts Team

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In the NFL is cartoonishly awful department:

http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/...=20160913175242

Former offensive lineman Darryl Ashmore just entered a lawsuit against the NFL for denying his disability benefits. He's an 11 year vet from 1992-2002, played for the Rams, Washington and Raiders, and now has dementia among a laundry list of other medical issues.

The NFL scheduled a medical exam away from someone with his condition can travel, wouldn't allow him to move or reschedule it, then denied his application for missing it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Kalli posted:

In the NFL is cartoonishly awful department:

http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/...=20160913175242

Former offensive lineman Darryl Ashmore just entered a lawsuit against the NFL for denying his disability benefits. He's an 11 year vet from 1992-2002, played for the Rams, Washington and Raiders, and now has dementia among a laundry list of other medical issues.

The NFL scheduled a medical exam away from someone with his condition can travel, wouldn't allow him to move or reschedule it, then denied his application for missing it.

:chanpop:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ken Bone is selling product like a number 1 draft pick

https://twitter.com/kenbone18/status/786594567999066112

Funky Bunkbed
Jul 27, 2007
You are now.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If you watched the games this season though Rodgers just hasn't really looked right. He's always been able to make amazingly ridiculous throws from body positions that no other quarterback in the league could do. This year, he's been really off target on most of those types of scramble throws. I almost wonder if this is just him getting older.

My brother is a big Packers fan, so I wind up watching their games with him most weeks. I've had the same conversation with him. Obviously, not saying that he's not still a Top-3 QB or anything, but there's clearly something different this year, even when his line gives him a legit 5-6s to throw like in last week. There does almost seem to be an element of, "What the gently caress, this worked 12 months ago?" to his game right now, anyway.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

tarbrush posted:

I feel the same way about Tannehill. I hope he joins the Patriots and annihilates the entire league. It's the only appropriate way for it all to end.

AFC Eastcest.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes but does Miami have analytics?!

It has an entire staff dedicated to counting sacks.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Something is definitely wrong with Rodgers. He's pretty much dead last in completion percentage. The only people he is ahead of are Rg3, Drew Stanton, and Shaun Hill.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Dude's going to be set for life because of a bunch of internet dumbasses. More power to him I say.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My company reached out to him to do something for Keeping Up With The Joneses.

I think you can guess the pun. I hope he turns it down.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That thread is already a goldmine.

Speak of the devil...

fsif posted:

I still stand by every one of my predictions, including the one about Bradford getting benched in favor of Chase Daniel.

:mediocre:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

"I'm undecided"

*shills for company whose dealt with multiple sexual assault scandals and whose CEO is a misogynistic, reporter-intimidating dickhead*

:jerkbag:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

whypick1 posted:

"I'm undecided"

*shills for company whose dealt with multiple sexual assault scandals and whose CEO is a misogynistic, reporter-intimidating dickhead*

They were going to ask him to say something nice about Uber, but he just launched into a meandering rant about how nice their kids were.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Pops Mgee posted:

Something is definitely wrong with Rodgers. He's pretty much dead last in completion percentage. The only people he is ahead of are Rg3, Drew Stanton, and Shaun Hill.

Re-sign james jones

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

schweens posted:

Re-sign james jones

It's probably not possible to run an 8 receiver set is it?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

whypick1 posted:

"I'm undecided"

He's working for the NFL now?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Speak of the devil...

:mediocre:
Hey I had some good ones!

For example, the Jets one.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ken Bone's gut fat combined with the design of this shirt is playing tricks on my eyes and mind. Looks badly shopped or something.

https://twitter.com/kenbone18/status/786702412039983104

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was wondering how long it would take but I just got over Ken Bone. Go away.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kiimo posted:

That look on his face is the look of someone who never really got "it."

Also, as others have pointed out, if you are "undecided" in October then you are just an attention whore anyway.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

That look on his face is the look of someone who never really got "it."

Also, as others have pointed out, if you are "undecided" in October then you are just an attention whore anyway.

Maybe Ken Bone just really isn't sure how he feels about bounties on anyone with one drop?

I agree with you

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kiimo posted:

Not even a tenth the lasting power of Joe the Plumber.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ugggh those fuckers, abusing a sick person

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
For the record, I thought Ken Bone was an annoying personality before it was cool (aka immediately) :smugdog:

Takes one to know one I guess.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
congrats ross

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

You haven't seen a single second of a Chargers game this year have you?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Haha very funny. Nobody believes this is over.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
it's over now

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
trever semen

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

How could you do this to me, trev??

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

For the record, I thought Ken Bone was an annoying personality before it was cool (aka immediately) :smugdog:

Takes one to know one I guess.

https://twitter.com/mobute/status/786775973719072768

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lost season

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We all live in a human submarine
a human submarine
a human submarine

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

This was some Bill Belichick, long con, fifth dimensional chess with quarks and poo poo. Kubiak was like "huh, I take a week long vacation and the Chargers keep Mike McCoy for another season? Guess I feel a bit of pain in my chest.":snoop:

Congrats on two easy wins next season, LMAO.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pops Mgee posted:

He looks skittish in the pocket. Last week he had all day to throw, yet he still started scrambling in the pocket almost immediately. I don't think his physical skills have diminished, but he's not in the same mentally right now. His peak cold as ice moment was when they were playing the Giants about 5 years ago, and Eli had just thrown a TD for the lead with a minute and some change left, and Rodgers didn't look fazed in the least. He drove like 70 yards in like 15 seconds. I don't think he has confidence in his receivers anymore either.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leon Einstein posted:

He looks skittish in the pocket. Last week he had all day to throw, yet he still started scrambling in the pocket almost immediately. I don't think his physical skills have diminished, but he's not in the same mentally right now. His peak cold as ice moment was when they were playing the Giants about 5 years ago, and Eli had just thrown a TD for the lead with a minute and some change left, and Rodgers didn't look fazed in the least. He drove like 70 yards in like 15 seconds. I don't think he has confidence in his receivers anymore either.

Could you say that he's distracted by something and needs to focus on the game more?

Edit
VVVV

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Pops Mgee posted:

An unrevealed injury perhaps?

• Locked thread