Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Rainuwastaken posted:

I desperately hope Dexnav returns, or at least something very close to it. They nailed it with that one.

Ugh no. I don't need another Pokemon encounter gimmick that just wants to give you the same poo poo you already have. They are always terrible.

...We're getting one anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

Marvel Scale, Multiscale, and maybe a new third one?

it'll probably keep bulletproof

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Ugh no. I don't need another Pokemon encounter gimmick that just wants to give you the same poo poo you already have. They are always terrible.

dexnav specifically gave you a way to get things you probably didn't have though

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Dexnav gives you things you don't have though. Or things you do have with unique attacks or abilities..

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

StandardVC10 posted:

um dexnav rules??

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
add more firetypes game freak, arigatou

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

make the snowman fire type

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The SM anime is kinda breaking me apart. It looks great and a very welcome change of pace, but of course people don't like change or children's programming being made for children rather than all-ages. But. Like. On a place I go to people just whine about it and I read someone actually say that they don't like them changing "the formula that has been working for all these years." and. i'm. :psyduck: these are people who've literally seen every episode probably. Like, 942 loving episodes. And they want more??????????? How does someone not get tired of this?? how are people over 15 craving for more of the exact same story in which Ash gets to a place and there's a person having a pokemon-related problem that needs to be solved and Team Rocket is there to make it worse until there's a battle and they're blasting off away??

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The SM anime is kinda breaking me apart. It looks great and a very welcome change of pace, but of course people don't like change or children's programming being made for children rather than all-ages. But. Like. On a place I go to people just whine about it and I read someone actually say that they don't like them changing "the formula that has been working for all these years." and. i'm. :psyduck: these are people who've literally seen every episode probably. Like, 942 loving episodes. And they want more??????????? How does someone not get tired of this?? how are people over 15 craving for more of the exact same story in which Ash gets to a place and there's a person having a pokemon-related problem that needs to be solved and Team Rocket is there to make it worse until there's a battle and they're blasting off away??

change is scary, the familiar is comfortable

what are they doing different for S&M anyway? all i know about is the art style

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's set in a school with Headmaster Samson Oak.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I hope the anime gets all the anime in high school troupes

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's, by description of the last poster, a comedy series instead of adventure/comedy.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

New pokemon we haven't seen at all are in the first two hours of game

This is awesome, also drat now I'm not sure which dragon is my favorite this gen!! This game is going to be great.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's, by description of the last poster, a comedy series instead of adventure/comedy.

I mean, Ash will probably still end up going on wacky adventures with his pokemon and end up will a full team of new pokemon. The only real difference is that there is no Pokemon league for Ash to choke in yet again.

Maybe the reason people are upset is because they can't go "okay you guys, this is the year Ash finally wins it!"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Senerio posted:

It's set in a school with Headmaster Samson Oak.

oh like, the whole series is about ash at school? i remember seeing a school in the previews and i just assumed it'd be for a 2 or 3 episode intro to alola

if they're actually shaking things up maybe i'll give it a chance

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I mean, Ash will probably still end up going on wacky adventures with his pokemon and end up will a full team of new pokemon. The only real difference is that there is no Pokemon league for Ash to choke in yet again.

Maybe the reason people are upset is because they can't go "okay you guys, this is the year Ash finally wins it!"

oh definitely, and i'm expecting that later on he has to stop an evil team from taking over the world or something, just that it wont be the same episode a hundred times.

There are people who enjoy seeing Ash go on the same adventure despite knowing he'll lose at the end. :smith:

I hope Team Skull has scientists. Not real ones, tho, just a member found a vape in the trash and he's trying to figure out how to turn rare candies into meth.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

it'll probably keep bulletproof

bulletproof, soundproof, and heatproof

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That one time Ash lost to some random dude with a team full of legendaries was pretty bullshit though.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i don't give a poo poo about the anime but setting it in a school is like, the least "shaking it up" shakeup

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what if the class has to watch all of ash's league failures as part of the coursework

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

oddium posted:

um dexnav rules??

It is the best execution of the concept so far. But it still sucks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

what if the class has to watch all of ash's league failures as part of the coursework

Today class, we will watch the continued failure of a 12 year old boy over the course of 20+ years.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

oddium posted:

Professor Oak reveals that he's been recording all of Ash's gym battles and has the class learn the fine art of just juicing your pikachu on electric steroids to own an Onix and Rhydon.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Rhonne posted:

Today class, we will watch the continued failure of a 12 year old boy over the course of 20+ years.

He's ten. He has celebrated at least one birthday and commemorated an anniversary of one of his adventures over the course of the show, but he's still ten. Somehow.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

StandardVC10 posted:

It is the best execution of the concept so far. But it still sucks.

StandardVC10 posted:

This thread will never cease to amaze me with opinions that both are really dumb and don't understand the mechanics to a video game for babies.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zoran posted:

He's ten. He has celebrated at least one birthday and commemorated an anniversary of one of his adventures over the course of the show, but he's still ten. Somehow.

It's a cartoon for kids

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

Ash Ketchum: The Original Goon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zoran posted:

if this bothers you don't watch the simpsons

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Zoran posted:

Wasn't ash older in X/Y?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they could have had ash grow up and be the teacher at alolan pokemon school I guess

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If there's one thing anime nerds hate more than anything else, it's change. They despise things ever varying from what they have come to expect and will rage forever no matter how terrible the status quo is.

Sockser posted:

Wasn't ash older in X/Y?

Nope. He looked that way in the animation style, but rest assured he remains unaging and eternal like a marketing lich.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Don't compare your insignificant lives to ash. It has been a hell of a year and it is only july.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

here's a bunch of fake monster leaks, provided that's what you are into

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I like how Marshadow just looks like that snake thing that comes out of Charlotte from Madoka

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

oddium posted:

[bangs fists on table] i also think mega evolutions are neat and there should be more

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

thats exactly what i'm into, thanks

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

oddium posted:

I'm ready for a world with a fossil pokeyman based on cameroceras.
But not that much for one where Cutiefly evolves into Boobiefly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm going to use the shapely fly and meteor weezing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you're having difficulty redeeming a Volcanion code, some of them seem to exhibit a printing error where the character that should be entered as "Q" is incorrectly printed to look like "O."