Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Well I bought 50 loot boxes as a reward for passing my Oracle SE8 Associate Programmer exam.

First Freebie box gave me Ana Goul skin.

In the end I got ALL the Victory Poses.

60% of the Trick or Treat Sprays

Skins:
Rein
Reaper
Symmetra
Ana
Roadhog
Mercy
Soldier and
Zen

I also got Extra Legendary skins

Hanzo Wolf
Reaper El Blanco
Symmetra Goddess

Not bad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I see the Halloween event was a success for blizzard

quote:

😍Guys😍, I'm 😲shaking😲. I'm loving😲 shaking😲.
I never wanted to 👉👌🍆🍑breed 🍑🍆👉👌with anyone more than I want to with 🎃👻Halloween 👻✝️Mercy.✝🎃️ That 💯perfect,💯 ⏳curvy ⏳😍body.😍 Those 😍bountiful😍 🍈breasts🍈. The 👪child 👪bearing😍 hips😍 of a 🖼️💐literal goddess💐🖼️. It honestly loving 😳😳hurts😳😳 knowing that I'll never ❤️👅💋mate ❤️👅💋with her, ⬆️pass⬆️ my 👖genes👖 through her, and have her 👑birth👑 a set of 👪💯perfect offspring.💯👪
I'd do loving💰💰💰 ANYTHING💰💰💰 for the chance to get 🎃👻Halloween👻✝️ Mercy✝️🎃 pregnant. ☠️A ☠️N ☠️Y ☠️T ☠️H☠️ I ☠️N☠️ G☠️. And the fact that I can't is quite honestly ❎too much ❎to loving 🐻bear.🐻 Why would 🌨️Blizzard🌨️ create something so 💯perfect? 💯To loving 😈tantalize😈 us? loving 😂laugh 😂in our💩 faces?!💩
⚰️Honestly guys, I just loving can't anymore. gently caress.⚰️

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Just become a millionaire and move to Sweden, plenty of Mercy look-a-likes there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I agree with that post.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

Just become a millionaire and move to Sweden, plenty of Mercy look-a-likes there.
I don't think the person who wrote that post has the problem of women-who-look-like-Mercy not being findable. I think they have many other issues which prevent anybody from wanting their creepy desperate rear end anywhere nearby.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Jesus Christ, why are Overwatch players always so loving horny?

Last night during placement matches, I saw a Mercy spray a wall then sit in front of it until a McCree player "acknowledged" her. At that point she got up and healed only him the entire match. I spent the match with no heals and the suspicion that a couple of the players were whacking off during the game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kenshin posted:

I don't think the person who wrote that post has the problem of women-who-look-like-Mercy not being findable. I think they have many other issues which prevent anybody from wanting their creepy desperate rear end anywhere nearby.

Agreed, plus we all know that Mei and Zarya are much superior Overwatch waifus:cheeky:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

drrockso20 posted:

Agreed, plus we all know that Mei and Zarya are much superior Overwatch waifus:cheeky:

the only way i can get off is if zarya punches me in the face until i die

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nah definitely dont reward panic ulting. I just feel like having it go down a smidge slower is fair for certain heroes but not game breaking or anything.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I shamefully admit to spending ten bucks on jack o lantern boxes in the hopes of getting Witch Mercy, Ghoul Ana, or Jack o Lantern Reaper. Got every skin but those three. I got dr Junkenstein and Junkenstein's monster twice each though so that's a thing.

Oh well, I had fun opening the boxes and I know I wouldn't have been able to get more than three of them just by playing since I don't really have as much time as I'd like to. Plus this brawl is way better than the summer games brawl.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz7a-Btlx10

I was laughing like a madman when this happened, probably sounding pretty much like the hog does during his ult.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I have a Logitech mouse that has adjustable DPI settings, to aim better should I be lowering the DPI with that or the mouse sensitivity setting in Overwatch itself?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GodFish posted:

I have a Logitech mouse that has adjustable DPI settings, to aim better should I be lowering the DPI with that or the mouse sensitivity setting in Overwatch itself?

Go 900dpi/4.91 in game sensitivity if you want to use what the pros use

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

GodFish posted:

High DPI / low sensitivity is best, otherwise you risk pixel skipping.

The only time this is even going to sort of maybe matter is long-range hitscan characters, though.

KoB
May 1, 2009

GodFish posted:

Adjust to your liking with DPI.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

This seems like a viable plan.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You can go to Sweden or Norway and get a free education and marry some Nordic babe and get your citizenship that way

Otherwise good loving luck getting into either of those countries if you aren't in STEM

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

GodFish posted:

800 dpi/4 in game sens

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I like watching goon gameplay videos so here are a couple of chill rounds of Roadhog, played pretty well apart from the first kind of 45 seconds of the first video and the second round was a total stomp but hooking people never gets old. Also the Ana on our team was really great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4ZFxoeJTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRilTtz81G8

Vote #1 Roadhog!

Edit: This was meant to go in the chill thread, gently caress!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Thanks for the replies everybody!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ehhhh I keep earning Halloween content from loot boxes through leveling and have yet to get a skin. Just some voice lines, tomb stone victory poses and poo poo. I mean, that's cool and all but why's Blizzards RNG so stingy? Do I need to buy actual loot boxes with money before they fork them over or what?

Cus I mean gently caress saving up in game gold. I get loot boxes with 2 dupes on average and they're barely worth anything.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JTzEppKy8

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Ehhhh I keep earning Halloween content from loot boxes through leveling and have yet to get a skin. Just some voice lines, tomb stone victory poses and poo poo. I mean, that's cool and all but why's Blizzards RNG so stingy? Do I need to buy actual loot boxes with money before they fork them over or what?

Cus I mean gently caress saving up in game gold. I get loot boxes with 2 dupes on average and they're barely worth anything.

it's just random and you've had bad luck. or average luck depending on how many boxes you've actually opened; it's not like they're gonna pop up every time you open a box

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's just random and you've had bad luck. or average luck depending on how many boxes you've actually opened; it's not like they're gonna pop up every time you open a box

So far I've opened 6 loot boxes since the Halloween event started but yeah, I'm just going to chalk it up to bad luck.

Just seems like everyone on my Battle.net has gotten at least one new skin thus far and it's hard not to feel a little annoyed.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I got the Dr. Junkenstein skin but unfortunately Junkrat is garbage tier

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

AndyElusive posted:

So far I've opened 6 loot boxes since the Halloween event started but yeah, I'm just going to chalk it up to bad luck.

Just seems like everyone on my Battle.net has gotten at least one new skin thus far and it's hard not to feel a little annoyed.

I bought 10 boxes and got no skins in any of them, and my next 2 level up boxes had a Junkrat and Roadhog skin. The moral is don't spend money.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

WOAH

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

junkrat is powerful and my friend

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
He's fun to play but I find there's too many characters in the game that instantly transform him into a liability, whereas a character like Hanzo is pretty good on paper but played almost exclusively by terrible players

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

honestly I think junkrat is fine so long as the other team doesn't have a competent ana turning all of your spam into nanoboosts to kill you with. he's not the best or anything but he can do what you need him to, especially if you're in quick play where it doesn't matter

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Schneider Inside Her posted:

mods ban this sick filth

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've been doing a lot of Mei playing lately and Junkrat is my nemesis. It is across all these different games and all these different maps and somehow I'll manage to corner some one on the other team have everything going perfect with an ult...and LOL JUNK RAT GOT YOU. They aren't even good its just Junk always seems to be the odd guy out thats behind me. Grawr.

Confirmation bias, I know, but what I"m saying is junk is good.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Fateo McMurray posted:

800 dpi/4 in game sens

Depends on your resolution, Google "overwatch dpi tool"

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Junkrat is bad against people who can outheal him and dodge his nades but thats like 1% of the player base so keep on bombin.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Junkrat is the best character in the game actually

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

honestly I think junkrat is fine so long as the other team doesn't have a competent ana turning all of your spam into nanoboosts to kill you with. he's not the best or anything but he can do what you need him to, especially if you're in quick play where it doesn't matter

Junkrat is bad if:

- you don't have another character who can actually finish kills instead of just throwing grenades everywhere and hoping they hit something
- the enemy has a good mccree, tracer, genji, pharah, hanzo, soldier, ana, widowmaker, reinhardt, winston, or zenyatta
- the enemy has a zarya who isn't literally a vegetable
- the enemy has a zarya who is a vegetable, but like, a smart vegetable, like a carrot or broccoli or something
- the other team is above you
- you're on offense
- you're on KOTH
- you're on defense but the map has lots of open areas
- you're on defense but the map has relatively little verticality
- you don't use traps actively (i.e. toss them out mid-fight)
- you can't consistently get to high ground on the first try with a conc jump
- you're playing a game whose name starts with O

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What would make Junkrat good?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Give him a second weapon he can switch to that can shoot out tiny bombs that you manually detonate.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Brannock posted:

What would make Junkrat good?

delete him and replace him with his black scottish brother Demorat

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Give him a second weapon he can switch to that can shoot out tiny bombs that you manually detonate.

and a sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

mcvey posted:

and a sword

We have a Demoknight already. He just uses a hammer instead.