Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Lance definitely strikes me as guy who doesn't care too much about such things.

He started wearing a singlet to hide his physique even though it was still really good. Also shaved his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Yesss I've been waiting two years for this since they started doing Nitro. 13 year old me thought that was the coolest loving poo poo EVER

Still holds up as far as I'm concerned, the moment where Buff is posing as the crowd realizes the Sting he attacked no-sold it is still amazing.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dave went 4.5 on Ziggler/Miz

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
In short, gently caress Vinny's opinions. He undersold that entire match and seemed to not give a poo poo about it.

"I guess I was missing something, because the crowd was going crazy."

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
yeah he missed that he hates wrestling lol

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Really like Austin's RVD interview so far.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AMReese posted:

In short, gently caress Vinny's opinions. He undersold that entire match and seemed to not give a poo poo about it.

"I guess I was missing something, because the crowd was going crazy."

So he didn't like something, but recognized he was probably wrong, so gently caress every opinion he has.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

AMReese maybe you should just not listen to f4w podcasts if you hate them so much

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

AMReese maybe you should just not listen to f4w podcasts if you hate them so much
I listen to Filthy Tom on Wednesdays and sometimes Dave when it concerns a show I'd be interested to hear his take on. I've just given up on Vinny and his awful opinions especially when he keeps wondering aloud why people still boo Roman Reigns like him putting on a good match now and then excuses how they've fed him to us and how he's been portrayed.

MassRafTer posted:

So he didn't like something, but recognized he was probably wrong, so gently caress every opinion he has.
I'm simply saying that I disagree with his opinions so often that I've given up on ever finding common ground with him.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

AMReese posted:

I've just given up on Vinny and his awful opinions

You obviously haven't. You still listen and report back to us how much you hate him.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Giving up on someone's awful opinions doesn't mean I can't still criticize them. What's the fun in that?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan pays Vinny to complain about wrestling shows that he hates.

AMReese pays Bryan to complain about wrestling podcasts that he hates.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

OctoberCountry posted:

Bryan pays Vinny to complain about wrestling shows that he hates.

AMReese pays Bryan to complain about wrestling podcasts that he hates.

Except Bryan makes money in return. AMReese does it at a loss.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This subforum is built on continuing to consume media that you otherwise hate

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Except Bryan makes money in return. AMReese does it at a loss.

And gets made fun of for it regularly, don't forget that

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I don't pay to listen to Vinny. I pay to listen to Filthy Tom and Dave and to participate in their message boards.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bryan and vinny consistently find things to like in all the retro reviews

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, but everyone has something positive to say about wrestling 20 years ago. That's nothing special.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AMReese posted:

Yeah, but everyone has something positive to say about wrestling 20 years ago. That's nothing special.

I like Vinny because he likes Roman Reigns and it's OK to realize that you shouldn't need to wrestle like a moron to get over, even if fans really seem to like that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 13, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Wrestle like a moron? What? You think Roman doesn't look stupid sometimes?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AMReese posted:

Wrestle like a moron? What? You think Roman doesn't look stupid sometimes?

He isn't repeatedly getting dropped on his head to test his recent neck surgery

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It cracked me up when, during the Raw review, Dave slipped up and called Cass "Big Nash".

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

oatgan posted:

It's like a whole forum that's also a Fallout thread

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It's clear that Vinny is not a fan of the modern WWE big match formula of "kick out of 8000 finishers", plus he doesn't watch Smackdown so he missed the storyline around the match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's like a whole forum that's also a Fallout thread

We have New (Vegas) Japan!

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

CVagts posted:

It's clear that Vinny is not a fan of the modern WWE big match formula of "kick out of 8000 finishers", plus he doesn't watch Smackdown so he missed the storyline around the match.
Well, that was the formula long before the modern product. You just have to watch the Wrestlemania matches between Austin and The Rock.

It's a shame they couldn't have Filthy Tom on for the No Mercy review. He would have shed some light on a lot of what was going on.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

AMReese posted:

Well, that was the formula long before the modern product. You just have to watch the Wrestlemania matches between Austin and The Rock.

But that's a Wrestlemania main event between the 2 biggest stars in the company, not a No Mercy midcard match for a midcarder belt. Context matters.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
they really overstated how much stuff they kicked out of anyway.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The best match on the show, and perhaps the best match either wrestler has ever had in their careers.

The match I'm talking about, WrestleMania 19, Meltzer gave four stars. Not that you can really compare the two, but Dave obviously saw a lot more out of the Miz/Ziggler match than "finisher and kick-out" repeated ad nauseum.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Not to say people weren't into the Rock/Austin match, but similar to the Punk/Cena MITB match, the crowd was really into the story and legitimately didn't know how it was going to end. Both of those cases had people invested on what was partially a shoot style angle. Dave is a fan of athleticism and great work, but he doesn't throw out the story entirely.

I think if people knew it was Austin's last match and that he was going to put The Rock over in their final encounter as a passing of the torch it would have meant a lot more to the crowd.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

AMReese posted:

The best match on the show, and perhaps the best match either wrestler has ever had in their careers.

The match I'm talking about, WrestleMania 19, Meltzer gave four stars. Not that you can really compare the two, but Dave obviously saw a lot more out of the Miz/Ziggler match than "finisher and kick-out" repeated ad nauseum.

sick appeal to authority

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I respect Dave's opinion a hell of a lot more than Vincent "I'm Only Here For The Paycheck" Verhei

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

AMReese posted:

I respect Dave's opinion a hell of a lot more than Vincent "I'm Only Here For The Paycheck" Verhei

cool, I'll update the wiki

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Vinny rules.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Spermgod posted:

they really overstated how much stuff they kicked out of anyway.
For real

I'm glad they did the foot on ropes spot for the eye spray/SCF because a kick out from that would probably have been a bit much.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dsriggs posted:

But that's a Wrestlemania main event between the 2 biggest stars in the company, not a No Mercy midcard match for a midcarder belt. Context matters.
WWE fans: ":qq: WWE has been burying their midcard belts for years. This company stinks!"
WWE fans: ":qq: Why would they put so much drama into a midcard belt match and feud? This company stinks!"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It's almost as if different people have different opinions, or something.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
So does anyone actually care about Lance Storm and The Jackal doing a podcast together?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I would prefer a podcast of Lance Storm singing The Jackal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

oatgan posted:

Wrestling fans are the Trekkies of sports.

• Locked thread