Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hmmm delicious ice cream, or the police.

Tough choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey here's something insanely stupid

https://twitter.com/leoroth/status/786241280007409665

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fanbases trolling opponent players for making headlines isn't exactly a new thing though.

http://deadspin.com/flyers-fans-chant-she-said-no-at-patrick-kane-1736721355

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hey so here's something fun

Colin Kaepernick kneels for the national anthem, citing racism and other systematic issues that unduly target minorities

San Francisco Police Officers Association demands an apology from Kaepernick and the 49ers
"“While the SFPOA acknowledges Mr. Kaepernick’s right to speak his point of view and we stand by this right, we also recognize your organization’s ability to denounce his foolish statements and separate yourself from his actions,” the letter read."
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/08/29/sf-police-officers-critical-of-kaepernick-statements/

And last night... The Feds banged the SFPD for institutional racism and unduly targeting minorities
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-francisco-police-bias-20161012-snap-story.html

I need an ironicat that grows and grows and explodes into a billion ironicats

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Yep, confirmed dumb af

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Yep, confirmed dumb af

Reckon they can sing for 45+ minutes of football

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They all better be standing while they sing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

They all better be standing while they sing

Haaaaaands over hearts, baby.

Nov 6, 2002

Hands down their asses.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hands down their asses.

The "Buffalo Salute"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hands down someone elses asses.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

The Chip Kelly niners are not going to possess the ball for more than 45 seconds at a time

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dutchy posted:

The Chip Kelly niners are not going to possess the ball for more than 45 seconds at a time

Bills will top that

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

DJExile posted:

fanbases trolling opponent players for making headlines isn't exactly a new thing though.

Never thought I'd see the day Philly fans did righteous heckling.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

would love it if they winded themselves and we get a 0-3 laugher

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

would love it if they winded themselves and we get a 0-3 laugher

So would I, but mostly because I think the Bills are going to kill the Niners :(

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

DJExile posted:

Yeah I agree with you.
The Ralph (gently caress New Era) is not a place where you are going to have respectful dialogs about complex racial issues. Just ask Bryan Cox.

It also isn't as simple as hurr Buffalo fans dumb and mean either although that certainly is in parts true. You have a dynamic where the symbol of a movement is also your direct competition on the field. The people who don't like Kap's beliefs are more strongly opposed to him, and those who otherwise would be neutral or favorable to them, will join in because they are drunk Bills fans at a Bills game.

If Vegas is correct and Buffalo tramples San Fran then your going to have Kap mocked and derided a little bit, but otherwise it's another week.

If Buffalo loses then you are not going to want to be wearing a San Francisco jersey in the stadium.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 13, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I had a roommate from Buffalo, he was a wild dude, loved to brew coffee in a French press with boiling milk instead of water

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The fans singing the national anthem is so loving childish lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dressing up and going to a football game kinda breeds childish behavior

Thought it was the players doe

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

v2vian man posted:

Nothing undercuts the argument of the solemnity and sacredness of anthem like using it as a taunt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

following sports is the same thing as making GBS threads in a diaper whether or not you eat it. i don't care one way or the other and dont believe its wrong if you feel like eating dirty diapers. its not a big deal and i dont think it should be a big societal deal anymore.

if you want to help go here https://www.change.org/p/tff-eating-diaper-is-considered-cool-or-sweet

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gynecolojustice posted:

I had a roommate from Buffalo, he was a wild dude, loved to brew coffee in a French press with boiling milk instead of water

That's basically just a quick and dirty latte.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gynecolojustice posted:

You might have just changed my life.

v2vian man posted:

maybe they'll all get to the third verse and come to a realization that the song is not only hosed up, but not that good to begin with. :shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
As long as they go knuckle deep when they hit the free in "land of the free and home of the brave" then godspeed

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i have a feeling they wont sing the anthem, they'll hum it

this is a *they dont know the words* post but Im struggling to get it out

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Neil Armbong posted:

Nothing undercuts the argument of the solemnity and sacredness of anthem like using it as a taunt.

Actually the national anthem is kind of a taunt and big middle finger to Britain.

Edit: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2014/06/10/national_anthem_history_early_draft_of_the_star_spangled_banner.html

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 14, 2016

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

pasaluki posted:

Actually the national anthem is kind of a taunt and big middle finger to Britain.

Edit: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2014/06/10/national_anthem_history_early_draft_of_the_star_spangled_banner.html

It is so supremely American that it was a song written about a war that we started, got our asses kicked and our capital burned, and then we write a song pretending that we heroically defeated tyranny and make it our national anthem.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

We should retroactively make our national anthem "The Battle of New Orleans" even Kap would remain standing for that diddy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rex ryan and richie incognito love Trump so maybe the 49ers could like beat them by 60 and then i'd be good

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ChickenMedium posted:

It is so supremely American that it was a song written about a war that we started, got our asses kicked and our capital burned, and then we write a song pretending that we heroically defeated tyranny and make it our national anthem.

Someone isn't aware of the results of the battle of New Orleans.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Someone isn't aware of the results of the battle of New Orleans.

I love that Battle of New Orleans has been embraced in Ireland and has been adopted as a pub song.

It's like the redneck slapstick version of the Rains of Castamere

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 14, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i liked how in tonights game they went out of their way to show charger players singing god bless america with their hand on their hearts, and phil simms said "Good sight, Jim"

good neutrality there

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pasaluki posted:

We should retroactively make our national anthem "The Battle of New Orleans" even Kap would remain standing for that diddy

they could make it uptown funk or the latest bruno mars hit "24k magic" and Kap can dance around with the rest of his crew like in the music videos and the tv camera slowly rotates back and forth while they do their synchronized groove. i've thought about this for a while

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cavauro posted:

following sports is the same thing as making GBS threads in a diaper whether or not you eat it. i don't care one way or the other and dont believe its wrong if you feel like eating dirty diapers. its not a big deal and i dont think it should be a big societal deal anymore.

if you want to help go here https://www.change.org/p/tff-eating-diaper-is-considered-cool-or-sweet

i respect this level of devotion to posting

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cavauro posted:

Noice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Gynecolojustice posted:

Boiling milk makes it curdle

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Brockenstein posted:

Boiling milk makes it curdle

Slowly bring it to a boil while stirring. Have you not made a proper serving of cream of wheat?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

its all nice on rice posted:

Slowly bring it to a boil while stirring. Have you not made a proper serving of cream of wheat?

maybe he eats real food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

its all nice on rice posted:

are you an 86 year old lady?

• Locked thread