Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Thanks Shady Amish Terror!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Possible connection between a missing Wisconsin girl and a creepy YouTube video that ends with a girl gagged and tied up in some sort of basement bathroom.

Crosspost from GBS of all places: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793892

Thanks Duxwig.

EDIT: Police are saying the video is 100% fake.

MrMidnight has a new favorite as of 14:07 on Oct 12, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

It's truly unnerving to me when anyone claims to be able to decide that someone "deserves death" and even more unnerving when the state listens to them and actually kills somebody

But the state kills people all the drat time. Doesn't matter what country you're a part of. And a lot of the time it isn't even anyone as deserving as a multiple murderer. State santioned executions are probably the "nicest" of state sanctioned murders. Just know that some of the money you give your government has at one time been spent on killing a child that did nothing wrong besides being born in the wrong country.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

But the state kills people all the drat time. Doesn't matter what country you're a part of. And a lot of the time it isn't even anyone as deserving as a multiple murderer. State santioned executions are probably the "nicest" of state sanctioned murders. Just know that some of the money you give your government has at one time been spent on killing a child that did nothing wrong besides being born in the wrong country.

no poo poo. that's unnerving as hell???

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

no poo poo. that's unnerving as hell???

RIGHT?! It's almost like your opinion on executions is childish! We should all live in a world where like, no governments kill anyone ever. That's like, the only good way man. I feel ya.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why don't you enumerate some of those ways? I'd love to see how hard you have to reach to claim eg. Switzerland kills people all the drat time.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
no, actually please dont elaborate and stop extending this awful, boring argument over who is the most idealogically pure

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

A large majority of Maricopa county thinks he's the best thing ever. Can't jail a popular elected official. That's just crazy talk.

Welp... http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/prosecutors-will-charge-arizona-sheriff-arpaio-with-criminal-contempt-229618

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This....this may be the best thing I've read in months.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Charges are nice and all but it remains to be seen if he's actually convicted.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Sometimes, in the case of a powerful elected official, a perp walk and a mugshot are the best we can hope for.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

We should all live in a world where like, no governments kill anyone ever.

This, but unironically

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

8 Ball posted:

The federal government has a crazy-high conviction rate. They typically don't bring charges unless they have all their ducks in a row.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Speaking of is there any news on the charges the US brought about on FIFA?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Solice Kirsk posted:

Speaking of is there any news on the charges the US brought about on FIFA?

not much yet. The new guy is now facing his second investigation by the ethics committee, so pretty much gently caress all has been accomplished.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

Possible connection between a missing Wisconsin girl and a creepy YouTube video that ends with a girl gagged and tied up in some sort of basement bathroom.

Crosspost from GBS of all places: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793892

Thanks Duxwig.

This is messed up. I want to say it's fake because that guy's so fat and has a haircut and wardrobe that scream shut-in nerd, but who would just have a basement bathroom with a door that has a lock on the outside? I guess he could have added it just for the video, but why go to the trouble for a dumb gag?

Now that Reddit's on the case, I hope they can find the guy (accurately, not like the Sunil Tripathi thing).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

purple death ray posted:

This, but unironically

Unironically agreed

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Jack Gladney posted:

This is messed up. I want to say it's fake because that guy's so fat and has a haircut and wardrobe that scream shut-in nerd, but who would just have a basement bathroom with a door that has a lock on the outside? I guess he could have added it just for the video, but why go to the trouble for a dumb gag?

Now that Reddit's on the case, I hope they can find the guy (accurately, not like the Sunil Tripathi thing).

He seems like a guy who is trying real hard to be CUH-RAZY. As mentioned on the same page about the Fronczak guy, people seem a lot more willing to accept a weird conspiracy than deal with the loss of a loved one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Unironically agreed

But that will never happen. Especially while there is more than one government.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

But that will never happen. Especially while there is more than one government.

Hey man, there are plenty of things that should happen that are unrealistic

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, but I have faith you'll get laid someday, buddy.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

8 Ball posted:

He's plead not guilty, so it'll go to jury; Arpaio and several of his top aides have admitted to violating a court order in a racial profiling case, but the sheriff has said he did not do it intentionally. Intent is a requirement for the crime of criminal contempt -- we'll have to see how regressive an Arizona jury under pressure by law enforcement will be.

He'll walk

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Oct 12, 2016

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My dad once worked with Breiviks dad and my dad could probably beat him up, if he wanted

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

RNG posted:

As mentioned on the same page about the Fronczak guy, people seem a lot more willing to accept a weird conspiracy than deal with the loss of a loved one.

While that's definitely true, its not like this kind of thing has never happened before. Several similar situations have been posted in this thread. This kind of thing isn't a conspiracy really, its just one weirdo with no social skills and deviant sexual preferences.

That said, the video does look a little too staged, but maybe that's because I want it to be.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Varkk posted:

Sometimes, in the case of a powerful elected official, a perp walk and a mugshot are the best we can hope for.

I've had many bad bosses, so it was satisfying to see one of them like this:

EDIT: This is the 2001 Sheriff of the Year recipient Pat Sullivan.

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Oct 12, 2016

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The Norwegians do, God bless 'em. Anders Breivik, who is suing to be out of solitary confinement because it's cruel (arguably true) and also because "In letters to foreign media outlets he told about his demands (in 2013) to prison authorities "including easier communication with the outside world and a PlayStation 3 to replace the current PlayStation 2, because it offers more suitable games"; media reported in 2014 about demands that he would starve himself to death if refused "access to a sofa and a bigger gym"; furthermore he said that "Other inmates have access to adult games while I only have the right to play less interesting kids’ games. One example is ‘Rayman Revolution,’ a game aimed at 3-year-olds," Breivik complained to prison officials.""

In the U.S., we're still litigating whether you have to give prisoners air conditioning in the Deep South.

Dude's dissing Rayman. I say hang him.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Are personal unnerving stories ok in this thread?

I related this story in a different thread, but it kind of feels like it fits here. My long and strange nightmare of 15 years of internet stalker- turned- real life stalker psychopath. The woman that has been doing these things is a notorious internet trainwreck and unfortunately she's just smart enough to cause real, lasting damage. Sigh.

Trigger warning for rape accusations and kind of graphic death threats. :ohdear:

http://brainmurk.tumblr.com/post/151603563235/myinternetstalkingnightmare

That Damn Satyr has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Oct 12, 2016

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

That drat Satyr posted:

I related this story in a different thread, but it kind of feels like it fits here. My long and strange nightmare of 15 years of internet stalker- turned- real life stalker psychopath. The woman that has been doing these things is a notorious internet trainwreck and unfortunately she's just smart enough to cause real, lasting damage. Sigh.

Trigger warning for rape accusations and kind of graphic death threats. :ohdear:

Jesus that's scary

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

That drat Satyr posted:

That's remarkably messed up

Daisy Chain Saw
Nov 17, 2004

JEFF GOLDBLUM PLEASE MOLEST ME
I can't remember where to find it, perhaps someone else knows it. It was the really creepy and really unnerving transcript of a neckbeard who had killed his neighbour kid in his apartment with a katana sword or some poo poo? It was horrible :(

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
https://archive.org/stream/UnderwoodVideotapeTranscript/Underwood%20Videotape%20Transcript_djvu.txt

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Yeah... Don't read that if you value your sanity. Read some once back when it was first posted (in 2008?) and it's still horrifying.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
It's amazing how much control those agents have during interrogation. I remember watching a video of the interrogation of Russel Williams, the Canadian military colonel who was doing home invasions, rapes, and murders. Russel walks in there calm without fear and by the end is openly admitting everything, and the interrogator plays him perfectly.

I imagine there's some strange feelings once they finish and leave the room.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

That drat Satyr posted:

You make furry art lol.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Tenkaris posted:

It's amazing how much control those agents have during interrogation. I remember watching a video of the interrogation of Russel Williams, the Canadian military colonel who was doing home invasions, rapes, and murders. Russel walks in there calm without fear and by the end is openly admitting everything, and the interrogator plays him perfectly.

I imagine there's some strange feelings once they finish and leave the room.

The key to good interrogation is making deals. This is one thing we've learned from extensive deals with terrorists in the last fifteen years. Torture doesn't work, good cop/bad cop doesn't work, deals do. It's a very simple process to, you lead with something you could theoretically get them but is extravagant and they would never want "You give us all the names we want, never talk to your old friends again and we'll get you and your family a giant house in Switzerland, 100k a year, and two lambos." You know that a Afghani freedom fighter or whatever isn't going to want that, he doesn't want to run away to a foreign country full of white people where he doesn't speak the language, but what that does do is raise the bar in his mind. You knew he would never accept the first deal, but it taught him how much money was in play for him, and so 9/10 he's going to choose something extremely reasonable because he knows that if he lowballs you he can get everything he wants. And suddenly instead of giving him fast cars and mansions you're getting his kids free tuition to expensive Saudi religious schools and paying the loan for him to open a Halal restaurant in Vancouver. Anyways, this works even better on serial killers and horrible murderers because for many of them doing what they do is incredibly isolating, so just giving them a chance to speak about it is all you need to do. The other reason is that sociopaths don't experience pain like normal people, and so they actually aren't phased by things like lifelong incarceration because they often lay outside of conventional norms of what happiness is or how things like isolation and sorrow are experienced. Normal people would do many things to avoid being locked in solitary and do nothing but read books for the rest of their life, but a lot of people who are that far into the sociopathic spectrum just don't care. Also if they're a narcissist, which often happens (see the whole MacDonald triad) getting caught is what legitimizes their crimes. If you're murdering people because you want to be known by it, eventually things like writing letters to the cops might not be enough, when you get caught you know your face and name are going to be brought up endlessly by people like us in threads like these as long as these kind of things exist. We're still talking about Gilles de Rais, even though he's been dead for 600 years.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You make furry art lol.

Shocking, I know right? Clearly that invalidates this entire years long hellish misery that an insane psychopath has drug me through. :allears:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

That drat Satyr posted:

Shocking, I know right? Clearly that invalidates this entire years long hellish misery that an insane psychopath has drug me through. :allears:

Buy, and read, The Gift of Fear.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That drat Satyr posted:

How does it pay?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Solice Kirsk posted:

How does it pay?

PayPal, usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

How does it pay?

Not as much as it should, based on how some people react to it. But oh well.