Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Alfalfa posted:

Madden Mobile dev team gets an E for effort.

I don't get why it's so hard to provide an update like above for MM or actually tell people what events and sets actually produce instead of just leaving everyone guessing.
It's cause their team is much smaller and I believe splitting time between putting out updates for MM and also the NBA mobile game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

The sick new press R2 to sprint!

Actually unironically answer why a basic feature like card batching took 5 years?

Oberst fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 5, 2016

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Oberst posted:

Actually unironically answer why a basic feature like card batching took 5 years?
I wasn't involved in that portion of the game but I think a lot of it had to do with it being originally written by a bunch of outsourcers who wrote terrible fuckin code and it's taken about this long to piece-by-piece completely rewrite all of that code that was functional but nothing more than that.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

real_scud posted:

I wasn't involved in that portion of the game but I think a lot of it had to do with it being originally written by a bunch of outsourcers who wrote terrible fuckin code and it's taken about this long to piece-by-piece completely rewrite all of that code that was functional but nothing more than that.

Ty

This is what I always assume, but it's good to have 2nd hand confirmation

Oberst fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 6, 2016

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

real_scud posted:

It's cause their team is much smaller and I believe splitting time between putting out updates for MM and also the NBA mobile game.

Yah I know it's way smaller but bring on an intern to at least type up what's being released and what to do with the new stuff.

Or introduce one of them to SA so they can get decent feedback without all the crap off muthead and Reddit being thrown at them lol.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

What I don't get is how MUT still doesn't have either wraparound or a "skip to end button" on vertical lists.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I think scud's answer is probably universal for every "why is x thing hosed and unintuitive?" in madden

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Is it possible to start over on my MUT? I accidentally picked the Bears when I meant to pick the Broncos :(

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

wyoak posted:

Is it possible to start over on my MUT? I accidentally picked the Bears when I meant to pick the Broncos :(

just buy a new jersey. the starter players are trash anyway and will quickly be replaced.

the only way to "restart" is a new PSN account.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

wyoak posted:

The starter players are quickly replaced.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

scroll up grandpa

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

wyoak posted:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

✋💀🍆

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

✋💀🍆

:yeah:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
does MUT charge extra contracts when you add contracts to a bunch of players in bulk? When that popup comes up that says "Player X, Y and Z's contracts are expiring, select how many games to add below", the cost of each game is higher than if you just went to each player's card individually and added the contracts? Maybe I suck at math but it seems weird

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gynecolojustice posted:

does MUT charge extra contracts when you add contracts to a bunch of players in bulk? When that popup comes up that says "Player X, Y and Z's contracts are expiring, select how many games to add below", the cost of each game is higher than if you just went to each player's card individually and added the contracts? Maybe I suck at math but it seems weird

no, it doesn't charge extra, but it literally will add to every player on your roster, even 3rd stringers so it escalates pretty quickly

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
ohhhh I thought it was only adding to those whose contracts were expiring, not to everyone. That's dumb

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Also make sure you're never adding contracts to anyone except your best players. A contract for an elite costs the same as a contract for a solo-grinding-silver, so if you manage to run out of silver/bronzes for solo challenges somehow there's no drawback to using your golds/non limited elites.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I remember that, for example, footwork (OL) and throw accuracy (for player controlled QBs) didn't matter as attributes in Madden 15 and 16. Is everything still the same for Madden 17 or did they change something regarding attributes?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They changed some stuff but the spergs who lab it haven't done a ton on it yet.

Play rec seems more important then zone coverage, for example.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

I remember that, for example, footwork (OL) and throw accuracy (for player controlled QBs) didn't matter as attributes in Madden 15 and 16. Is everything still the same for Madden 17 or did they change something regarding attributes?

Throw accuracy definitely mattered then and now

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
ugh i hate playing defense.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

JPrime posted:

ugh i hate playing defense.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
ha! Game crashed on me after my 9th try or so on a solo challenge. YOU pass for a TD on the first play then, PS4

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

JPrime posted:

ha! Game crashed on me after my 9th try or so on a solo challenge. YOU pass for a TD on the first play then, PS4

This happens to me sometimes on the Bone, but only when I restart a challenge from the popup after the fail.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Oberst posted:

Throw accuracy definitely mattered then and now

I seem to remember that only throw short, medium and deep mattered if you were controlling the QB and throw accuracy only played a role in simulated games, but I could be wrong

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mystic Stylez posted:

I seem to remember that only throw short, medium and deep mattered if you were controlling the QB and throw accuracy only played a role in simulated games, but I could be wrong

you're right, the baseline throw accuracy stat only matters in simulations

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Does awareness matter for a user player in CFM?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

JPrime posted:

Does awareness matter for a user player in CFM?

While anecdotal, I have more completely off target throws with a low AWR QB than I do with a higher rated AWR, even if their accuracies are close in rating. For other positions on offense, it depends on what you are trying to do with them. For defense, I think that if you always user the same player, AWR can be ignored.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

There's still a baseline throw accuracy? Oh wow I thought that went away with short mid deep breakdown

I'm honestly not even sure how to see the oline footwork stats or whatever

Oberst fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 12, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Does anyone else feel like the Close Shotgun formation (where you have 3 WRs all lined up near the hashes, and your TE/RB in the backfield next to the QB) is basically cheating? Been using only this formation for 2 years of Madden now and it's the best for passing, every route combo is unstoppable especially drags

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/786351587862142976

loving Doxx'ed by your madden mobile league. Jesus.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Gynecolojustice posted:

Does anyone else feel like the Close Shotgun formation (where you have 3 WRs all lined up near the hashes, and your TE/RB in the backfield next to the QB) is basically cheating? Been using only this formation for 2 years of Madden now and it's the best for passing, every route combo is unstoppable especially drags

It's a good formation and it's very flexible but it's not significantly better than other good formation in the game.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

davecrazy posted:

E: im dumb, I forgot tony Stewart was the one who killed a person.

Papes fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 13, 2016

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

davecrazy posted:

Sure they get a celebrity and I'm stuck with 2 other goons. I wonder if he gifts them bundles because I would do it randomly to mess with people.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I used to see him all the time. The gas station closest to his house was the gas station closest to our house in Mooresville. He's p chill.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
some times when choosing a play on offense, the circles representing the players will be silver/gray rather than blue. what does that mean?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

JPrime posted:

some times when choosing a play on offense, the circles representing the players will be silver/gray rather than blue. what does that mean?

As far as I can tell it means for some reason the game wasn't able to pull the players fatigue level. I think it's just a glitch.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Um...is offseason re-signing bugged? I just signed half my practice squad to long-term minimum contracts just because my cap was maxed & I couldn't offer any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

oldskool posted:

Um...is offseason re-signing bugged? I just signed half my practice squad to long-term minimum contracts just because my cap was maxed & I couldn't offer any more.

did you pay them all bonuses? because bonuses come out of your immediate cash pool and you need to make more money so hopefully you didn't do exactly that!

• Locked thread