Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I have a crush on sarcopenia that is founded in hair envy

I'm glad you're doing healthy self-supportive things for yourself, lady :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Teagan has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Mar 18, 2019

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Teagan posted:

Rough evening at the hospital. Does anyone live anyplace interesting? I think that I need to change my life in a big way. I thought I was pretty damned happy in my return to my little town life. But I really need to move. And move far. Any suggestions? I have very few qualifications to do anything, but I don't aim high.

I am completely serious. I would like to get rid of that face.

Do Chicago suburbs count?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

RC Cola posted:

Do Chicago suburbs count?

Not really, though I could try to live in the Art Institute without being caught.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Teagan posted:

Rough evening at the hospital. Does anyone live anyplace interesting? I think that I need to change my life in a big way. I thought I was pretty damned happy in my return to my little town life. But I really need to move. And move far. Any suggestions? I have very few qualifications to do anything, but I don't aim high.

We seem to get a lot of people that have had enough of Quebec out here on Vancouver Island, if that helps? I thought you were a mechanic no? That doesn't exactly scream "very few qualifications". I'm pretty sure there's work to be had for mechanically inclined people out here, if not doing actual licensed mechanic work, then at least some stuff for the logging and/or commercial fishing industries. Or, Christy Clark's pipe dream of promised glorious LNG future should be coming true any day now. Or, maybe you want to move to Vancouver and become a real estate speculator / work in the condo mines?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Teagan posted:

Why don't you live in Montreal? It's way cheaper and better than degenerate hellhole Toronto.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Cosima posted:

degenerate hellhole Toronto.

Construction and streetcar fuckery got me heated.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Cosima posted:

Why don't you live in Montreal? It's way cheaper and better than degenerate hellhole Toronto.

I lived in Montreal and as a teen-young adult it was great, but I pretty much hate it now. I loved my life back home here in the country, but really, it isn't Quebec pushing me away. I just *really* need to move. Yeah, mechanics can get jobs, just being down on myself for not being an academic. I'd like people to have to cross oceans to see me. Or not see me at all. Can I fix British old bikes in London?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Teagan posted:

I lived in Montreal and as a teen-young adult it was great, but I pretty much hate it now.

You hate it now?? What exactly are you looking for in a city?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Cosima posted:

You hate it now?? What exactly are you looking for in a city?

I have been nothing but assaulted and attacked in modern day Montreal. I do not feel safe anywhere I go in the city. Buses, metro, taxis. Maybe it is just me, but I like to be able to take a walk at night and not get hurt. No one else complains about it so maybe I am just that %.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Carry some brass knuckles and wallop a few dudes to assert your dominance.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Carry some brass knuckles and wallop a few dudes to assert your dominance.

You always think you're gonna be tough enough and big enough and strong enough, and even with that knife tucked into your jeans, you always end up the one groped or punched or worse. Using my voice really loudly usually does the trick, if they realize that you are a lunatic, they leave you be. But honestly, I really get bothered in Mtl. I am not thin and beautiful and a good target looking rich. I am average, tall, and boring with scuffed shoes. I always get in trouble. And the guys in Mtl don't like me, I have been trying to figure that one out for decades. I would like to live someplace that even if it is rough, doesn't target me. I would like to live someplace where apartments are older, not so much for the condo life, and I would like to have a place to put my bike. I dunno if that is asking for too much space in older cities. I just want to get out of here. Maybe next week I will change my mind, but I am ranting to the beautiful people of SA instead.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I got a spare apartment in Port Orchard WA for rent if you want some sort of small town feel with nearby big cities and base full of navy dudes.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I got a spare apartment in Port Orchard WA for rent if you want some sort of small town feel with nearby big cities and base full of navy dudes.

Wow. Is that actually a place, or some Eureka poo poo going on? Interested! Whole way across the country and then some. Don't have to swim anyplace and Navy guys wouldn't notice a shaved head much would they?

Teagan has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Oct 14, 2016

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Teagan posted:

Kentucky has lots of bourbon. And horses.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Teagan posted:

Wow. Is that actually a place, or some Eureka poo poo going on? Interested! Whole way across the country and then some. Don't have to swim anyplace and Navy guys wouldn't notice a shaved head much would they?

I live about a mile from a ferry that has a direct 45minute cruise to Seattle.

Uh I guess you could go swimming but it's kinda cold.

In my personal experience if you got a pulse you got a chance with a sailor and that's optional with a marine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Teagan posted:

I would like to live someplace that even if it is rough, doesn't target me. I would like to live someplace where apartments are older, not so much for the condo life, and I would like to have a place to put my bike.

Have you given Halifax a shot? I feel like it'd be awesome for you, but this is from a random internet person who doesn't know you outside of this thread. :shobon:

I've lived in Halifax, though, and it's great, beautiful, and both old and modern. I mean, *I'm* currently in the greater MTL area, and sort of kind of want to go back, either to NB or Halifax, so that might be worth something.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

I loved Halifax and have considered retiring there. You know, at 32. Washington sounds ideal. But ideal is never ideal is it? I am terrified of horses. The idea of getting drunk with a sailor sounds fantastic to me. I want to run away from my health and live differently than I do now. I want my life to just be different. I feel stagnate. And if I have to be sick, I would like to be sick Someplace. And if I get better, or if something changes, then I will be happy in the place I am in. Or I can keep asking goons, and just keep moving. Why not? I don't have a selfie, but I am not derailing with Atarian, so maybe I am not in trouble.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Trouble is a fake idea.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dr. AA Hazredstein posted:

Trouble is a fake idea.

Here is me in my super low riding pants

I just won YLLS, thanks Shine and all the other posters for the love

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Teagan posted:

I loved Halifax and have considered retiring there. You know, at 32. Washington sounds ideal. But ideal is never ideal is it? I am terrified of horses. The idea of getting drunk with a sailor sounds fantastic to me. I want to run away from my health and live differently than I do now. I want my life to just be different. I feel stagnate. And if I have to be sick, I would like to be sick Someplace. And if I get better, or if something changes, then I will be happy in the place I am in. Or I can keep asking goons, and just keep moving. Why not? I don't have a selfie, but I am not derailing with Atarian, so maybe I am not in trouble.

Horses are horrible beasts.

Sounds like you need a vacation. We should talk once the nice weather comes back in May.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Teagan posted:

I lived in Montreal and as a teen-young adult it was great, but I pretty much hate it now. I loved my life back home here in the country, but really, it isn't Quebec pushing me away. I just *really* need to move. Yeah, mechanics can get jobs, just being down on myself for not being an academic. I'd like people to have to cross oceans to see me. Or not see me at all. Can I fix British old bikes in London?

Quebec City sounds nice

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Don't move to Portland.
We hate everyone.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Horses are horrible beasts.

Sounds like you need a vacation. We should talk once the nice weather comes back in May.

If I could seriously PM properly I would totally arrange that with you. It seems like such a great opportunity.

I was looking for a photo of my nova scotia hoodie, but it seems to be gone. Bummer.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Teagan posted:

If I could seriously PM properly I would totally arrange that with you. It seems like such a great opportunity.

I was looking for a photo of my nova scotia hoodie, but it seems to be gone. Bummer.

PM sent with my email.

It's not going anywhere.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

An interesting set of developments here imo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

An interesting set of developments here imo

I'm actually doing pretty good for meeting with random goons. The last one I met this July drove me around in his APC!

:killdozer:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm actually doing pretty good for meeting with random goons.

Same. 2 for 2. Went shooting both times, and didn't get murdered once!
TFR has some good people.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Teagan posted:

Let me tell you about a nice place called Des Moines.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Let me tell you about a nice place called Des Moines.

You should be so glad I don't have banning privileges in this forum

Freaking Des Moines

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

B33rChiller posted:

Same. 2 for 2. Went shooting both times, and didn't get murdered once!
TFR has some good people.

Yeah I've shot with a ton of random goons a few years back and only one did I have a weird experience.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mocking Bird posted:

Freaking Des Moines

Whoa whoa whoa, why this animosity?!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Teagan, if you ever end up Calgary way, I can take you on a roadtrip through the Rockies. I know almost all the mountain names, interesting natural history facts, and some human history too. I know all the cool spots where you won't run into tourists.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I know all the cool spots where you won't run into tourists.

Hmm yes let me take you on a (one way) trip to the most secluded of mountain spots.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

LMAO I'm the opposite, I'm the kind of boss rear end bitch you want in your squad during a zombie apocalypse. I will save the gently caress out of you and I know of some strategic caves that can be easily defended if necessary. One was even man-made during WW2 in the event of invasion. It's carved out of a cliff over the TransCanada Highway near Canmore and was meant for stockpiling ammunition.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Houston is where it's at Teagan! Ignore the humidity, Trump supporters, the traffic, and the horrible city layout and you've found yourself a home. The people are super nice if they're not bigots, except not one single person understands hockey. Paradise!

I went to a concert and I'm stoked about it, even if I'm glow in the dark.

My hair didn't make it out alive, sadly.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Oct 14, 2016

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Teagan posted:

I am not ... beautiful
You are imo

Teagan posted:

Navy guys wouldn't notice a shaved head much would they?
We're fine with it generally

Teagan posted:

The idea of getting drunk with a sailor sounds fantastic to me.
I mean it's ok if you don't mind hearing a lot of stories about the different places in which they've gotten drunk

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Mocking Bird posted:

Freaking Des Moines
It's the only way he'll learn.

Jastiger posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, why this animosity?!
You brought this on yourself.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

titties posted:

I mean it's ok if you don't mind hearing a lot of stories about the different places in which they've gotten drunk

:same:, except college students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

10 Beers posted:

It's the only way he'll learn.

You brought this on yourself.

Rude af!!!

I CHALLENGE the MOD Mocking Bird to come to Des Moines and see that it is not at all bad!!!