Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2016/oct/22/102216-road-final-battle-lakeland-fl

This should be a great match.

Also, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ClnXFeR9ThU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haha at my show we get Bull Dempsey vs Adam Cole. What a strange world we live in.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

EL BROMANCE posted:

Haha at my show we get Bull Dempsey vs Adam Cole. What a strange world we live in.

ADAM COLE (vs) BABY

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

huh, I kinda thought they were bullshitting that the winner of the honor rumble in Buffalo got this match but here it is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was definitely a period where I thought that Silas Young was gonna get a HUGE push and likely win the world title. Not so much these days.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oldskool posted:

huh, I kinda thought they were bullshitting that the winner of the honor rumble in Buffalo got this match but here it is

Silas came out and rambled during ASE that he was going to get a shot that he was obviously going to lose

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/786331674099318784

There’s more to the ACH situation. What he did was really dumb. On ROH’s side for once. Will wait to see what the Observer says.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/786331674099318784

There’s more to the ACH situation. What he did was really dumb. On ROH’s side for once. Will wait to see what the Observer says.

What did he do?

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
What a lack of respect on ACH's part to go against his contract and the company that has built his name.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Roque11 posted:

What a lack of respect on ACH's part to go against his contract and the company that has built his name.

Nobody mentioned PWG.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Roque11 posted:

This is adorable

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave's paragraph on ACH was less intelligible than ACH's post-match divorce promo itself, and why have none of these sites picked up on ACH's ROH comments during the chuckie match

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Nobody mentioned PWG.

I hope Super Dragon gives him another shot at some point, DDT4 even gives him and AR Fox an obvious opportunity to come back.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Super No Vacancy posted:

dave's paragraph on ACH was less intelligible than ACH's post-match divorce promo itself, and why have none of these sites picked up on ACH's ROH comments during the chuckie match

?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Roque11 posted:

lol don't be a stan for businesses over workers you dick head

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I bought my RoH backpack and coloring book due to ACH, and now he betrays me....gently caress....

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgdJPTWcezA&feature=youtu.be&a=

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

So do we like ROH anymore or don't like it? Cause I think I still like it, but so many wrestlers there apparently hate it. Everything about it seems very negative right now.

I do hate NXT though, I know that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I wish I liked ROH as much as I did a couple years ago that's where I'm at with the company right now. The TV show still consistently puts on great wrestling matches every week but I'm not buying shows like I used to.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't like it as much as I did over the first 8-10 years

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I enjoy its shows more than I do anything WWE puts out, despite everything that's going on.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I don't watch the week to week tv constantly but I always buy the big shows. I like ROH and I dislike NXT and I don't care who knows.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I like it enough to go to the TV tapings in Baltimore, but not actually watch the TV.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I watch the weekly TV & go to the shows when they're in town, but I don't buy the PPVs. Just can't be bothered to invest in "Gedo loses, EVIL jobs for LIJ, every other NJPW guy goes over ROH talent" shows any more.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

oldskool posted:

I watch the weekly TV & go to the shows when they're in town, but I don't buy the PPVs. Just can't be bothered to invest in "Gedo loses, EVIL jobs for LIJ, every other NJPW guy goes over ROH talent" shows any more.

Uhhh the ROH guys went over on the last PPV

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I like the fact that they they're aligned with the best two promotions in the world, bring NJPW stars to reachable areas, and have gotten deserving talent like Elgin and reDRagon decent gigs in Japan.

The product itself? Pretty mediocre right now when they have to rely solely on their own guys. They still have some nice talent, but they don't have much depth and the creative has been mixed at best.

And I'm hardly the most connected guy when it comes to this poo poo so it really does say something when I've received DMs from multiple sources about how hosed things are backstage.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
ROH is really bad at making me want to take note. Doesn't feel like anything remotely exciting or fresh has happened in ROH for a while. I've migrated to AAW for my main indie fix and I'm treated right by AAW.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
They've sat on/sitting on some talent they need to work on pushing. Some of the workers they passed on is kinda boggling. The stories aren't as interesting either but I can only hope that some of the backstage shakeups can change stuff positively. I still get the PPVs, the compilation dvds, and catch the TV show every once in a while.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Roque11 posted:

Yes. Where else would he be?

http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/news/1724272.html

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I still think the RoH big shows are a blast, but the weekly TV is definitely far less interesting than it used to be. They've just kind of been drifting along for the past 6-8 months.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

He better hope all he gets is thrown out of Japan and banned from returning.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, that could easily be 5 years jail

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
How stupid can you be?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Looking over the ROH World Title history, I stopped really caring about ROH when Steen lost the title.

That's also the year I started watching NJPW.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hopefully Japan will fix Sydal's foot so he doesn't have to smuggle weed in as a pain regulator.

Or maybe hook him up with a fixer.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
What a lack of respect on Matt Sydal's part to go against Japanese law and the company that has built his name (ROH).

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

triplexpac posted:

Looking over the ROH World Title history, I stopped really caring about ROH when Steen lost the title.

That's also the year I started watching NJPW.

The second they phased out Jim Cornette and brought in SCUM as the main story, I was done. I'll catch the weekly show every once in a while but it's not as excited as it was when Steen was doing the Stone Cold routine.

(Lucha Underground and CZW have filled the void for me)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 14, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So why does Asia really hate drugs, are they really worried that pot will lead to another Opium War?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

achillesforever6 posted:

So why does Asia really hate drugs, are they really worried that pot will lead to another Opium War?

Unregulated commerce, such as the drug trade disrupts their carefully managed economies. Plus US throws money at other countries to violate human rights laws in the name of the War On Drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I still think the RoH big shows are a blast, but the weekly TV is definitely far less interesting than it used to be. They've just kind of been drifting along for the past 6-8 months.

Good stories and character development is on the TV. The Bullet Club, Jay Lethal's head being shaved, adding more and more layers to Corino v. Whitmer, etc.

• Locked thread