Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

C-Euro posted:

As someone who was in band in HS and college (and saw the USO perform on at least one occasion), and knows someone involved with a military concert band, I think it's cool and good that the military has those groups, even if it's most likely a holdover from decades ago (WWI military bands played a part in the creation of jazz)

All that being said those budgets should at least be flipped because jfc arts programs in public schools need that money way more.

yeah but seth is talking about poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdWkl9M_TY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

America will never win Eurovision with this...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
seatbelts

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The last few episodes have been great: Chang and Ang, the Ask Amy where the sister fucks her friend while the brother is in the room. I think there were a couple other good Ask Amys recently.

Also, is the Hall and Oates song outro supposed to be written from the perspective of a child predator?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVNOQh8shjk

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Seth and Jonathan are on the most recent episode of Get Up on This on Earwolf. I have never listened to this show but I think I didn't mind Jensen Karp when he appeared on other shows I listen to. Not digging the intro rap though.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i dont go nowhere unless my dog can get fuzzy with me

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

little munchkin posted:

I don't really eat foods unless it comes in a pouch and somewhere on it, it says "holla".

i just thought of this line again and lol'd

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I saw this posted elsewhere but I have never heard of the podcast itself.

http://pca.st/YoCd

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Jippa posted:

https://twitter.com/UhhYeahDude/status/785743998379958272
https://twitter.com/JensenClan88/status/785743714727493632

If you don't have Twitter, don't get it just for UYD. Their twitter posts cool stuff though, you should follow them if you have it.

H A T T A M fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 12, 2016

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I've been trying to watch Seth's clips. I feel like I need an expert's analysis on them because, what the gently caress am I watching? It's like the stories in the podcast, but in visual form and without the guys filtering them for you.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Edit: I don't wanna be the one to use words to explain Seth Clips.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Markovnikov posted:

I've been trying to watch Seth's clips. I feel like I need an expert's analysis on them because, what the gently caress am I watching? It's like the stories in the podcast, but in visual form and without the guys filtering them for you.

America through the eyes of one American American.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Markovnikov posted:

Watch them all in order and then restart UYD at episode 1.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Johnathan: Oh by the way get up on this for me? It's just—ketamine.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Welp, 6th time starting at ep1.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Welp, 6th time starting at ep1.

:eyepop: how many E. P. D. s you working with there bro?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Trunko posted:

:eyepop: how many E. P. D. s you working with there bro?

I can usually do a solid 5-7. Jah be praised.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Jippa posted:

I'm not a fan of the hosts of this podcast but I'll listen to any podcast with seth and jonathan as guests. Why does every LA podcaster sound like a mix of traditional radio DJ and comedy improv troupe member? Has anyone else noticed this. (I'm aware UYD is technically an LA based podcast).

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I can usually do a solid 5-7. Jah be praised.

That seems like a lot but who am I to argue with a doctor.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
You know he's just a dentist

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

mcvey posted:

You know he's just a dentist

You anti-dentite bastard.

E: I drive a lot for work so uyd is pretty much always poppin off.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It would be great to have a dentist who had UYD playing in the surgery but it would be less great to have a dentist who's liable to start jiggling with laughter while my mouth is full of a) his hands and b) pointy medical instruments.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
UYD is timeless

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
For the guy asking about Seth's Clips: Have you ever heard of Everything Is Terrible? They take old VHS tapes of PSAs, kid's shows, religious programs, etc. and put them up on YouTube for people to laugh/gawk at, in a "Can you believe someone actually made this/thought it was good?" sort of way. For example, here's a video on how to give your cat a massage. Seth's Clips is pretty much the same thing except it's Seth recording things off his Tivo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Does anyone have the link to the video of celebrity name game with Seth narrating over it, it had footage from the show

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://www.facebook.com/billyd/videos/10103847682006293/

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

New episodes are up.

Edit: also if you consider yourself a "pretty decent UYD fan" you should watch every single Seth Clips.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Everything is Terrible is fantastic. I actually think earlier in this thread (years ago) there was a debate about whether Seth was aware of them or not.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Lampsacus posted:

Everything is Terrible is fantastic. I actually think earlier in this thread (years ago) there was a debate about whether Seth was aware of them or not.

He lost to them in a found-footage film festival (Ah, Los Angeles) so he definitely is.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"everything is terrible" is an apt name for the winner of a found footage film festival.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Love the graphic for the MN show. Hope they make a poster of it, haha

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Caper posted:

holy shittttttt

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Caper posted:

Lol

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Caper posted:

good poo poo

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I've tried searching the Wiki and came up empty: anyone here know the episode where kids would rather their lunch be a rock with SpongeBob stickers on it instead of a pierce of fruit?

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

pooch516 posted:

I've tried searching the Wiki and came up empty: anyone here know the episode where kids would rather their lunch be a rock with SpongeBob stickers on it instead of a pierce of fruit?

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes/episode-32

episode 32 @ 26:30. I know he talks about it more throughout UYD's episodes but this is the first time it's brought up.

H A T T A M fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 17, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

It's so weird to listen to 07-10 era UYD. Don't get me wrong I really like the show now, but less manic Seth and speak before he thinks Jonathan (more than he does now) are awesome.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Yeah, I was just on a road trip and listened to 536-538 and then listened to the 2006 This Year collection of UYD. First thing I noticed was Seth does a lot more top of the lungs screaming now than he did before. Lots more hushed tones in the earlier eps. Stacy and Susan.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

ya, they still have their golden moments, but 100% manic top-volume seth has really begun to grate on me even :/

like to the point where I usually wonder to myself at least once an ep if I'd have stuck around and kept listening if this had been the tone from waaaaay back when I discovered them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm always keeping a few from the archive feed around for when I run out of current podcasts and the difference had been really striking for a while now. Aside from the yelling is also that Jonathan can't get any extended stories or anything in.

It's strange, like singers lose their upper register as they age, but Seth forgetting how to do anything but yell I don't get. I think the dumb firefighter on Hollywood Game Night broke his brain.