Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

LornMarkus posted:

I can do you one better: I got that exact pull before G5. I really cannot stress enough how hellish the game originally was for me before I quit. :smithicide:

And now it's hellish for us because we have to listen to you sperg about your JP account constantly.

Just kidding...mostly.

EDIT: The more I look at Garnet and my new Wizard Rod the more I realize how awesome it is. I may just pull on banner two instead now because my love for Vivi knows no limit.

NaanViolence fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Someone already mentioned it, but Roulette's going to be obnoxious as gently caress this event, isn't it?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Went 4/11

Hamelin x2
Gold Hairpin
and an off banner Fire Glove (VI)

That hairpin is getting stapled to Tidus's face and it is never coming off.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Someone already mentioned it, but Roulette's going to be obnoxious as gently caress this event, isn't it?

Eh, it's a total of six trash stages that you would otherwise be able to auto through. Paying attention to my phone for 45 seconds isn't the end of the world.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Don't forget to get Garnet and Quina's RMs in this event if you don't have em!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I couldn't beat the Ultimate++ :negative: maybe I should swap Cloud out for someone with a better SSB or BSB, but he and Locke couldn't do enough damage fast enough without my mitigation wearing off. Maybe swap in Zidane with shift break? Also, the parts where you have to attack 8 times loving suck.

On an unrelated note, this FFIX banner seems really great. I have good FFIX stuff already, but it would be cool to get more...

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Don't forget to get Garnet and Quina's RMs in this event if you don't have em!

Garnet's RM2 dropped immediately for me, and then Luneth's RM3 dropped in the following stage.

I'm thinking I should wait to egg Luneth, get him some exp from Sundaily. Kinda need my eggs for boosting people to 65-70 atm.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bizarre deformity posted:

I couldn't beat the Ultimate++ :negative: maybe I should swap Cloud out for someone with a better SSB or BSB, but he and Locke couldn't do enough damage fast enough without my mitigation wearing off. Maybe swap in Zidane with shift break? Also, the parts where you have to attack 8 times loving suck.

On an unrelated note, this FFIX banner seems really great. I have good FFIX stuff already, but it would be cool to get more...

Do you have any, even just one, FF7 magic weapons?

Do you have any, even just one, Darkness Mage at level 80 or close to it that can use said weapon?

Grats, you can clear the U++. Get thee a Hope BSSB RW, some dancers, a healer or two, and maybe a ninja for some backup damage.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Was banking up for this banner. Really wanted both Eiko and Beatrix BSBs. Dumped 200 mythril and was rewarded with 1 Kuja's gloves, 1 Garnet Staff, 2 Freya spears, 3 Quina hairpins, and 1 Eiko staff. Only half of what I wanted, but an 8* haripin is pretty sick. I can live without Beatrix' BSB, just means I'll save for Agrias or Pencil instead.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 14, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I love this game. :allears:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
In one 11 pull, got a Hamelin, Lightbringer, and Excalibur. :getin:

Ok game, I forgive you for giving me 150 mithrils' worth of vendor trash in the FFT 2 banner.

Edit: Oh, Lightbringer is gonna be fun with Paladin Force.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

LornMarkus posted:

I can do you one better: I got that exact pull before G5. I really cannot stress enough how hellish the game originally was for me before I quit. :smithicide:

That's a worse pull after G5 than before it though, any 5* gear no matter how bad is better than going 0/11

I came pretty close to that pull during the festival, but I got a VII generic sword instead. I've had that pull in the back of my mind while weighing the idea of spending on this banner instead of waiting for Larsa 1. I think I'm gonna wait for Zidane OSB 2 instead, because it has Hamelin, Trident, and Golden Hairpin but not the items I wouldn't want to pull from this set (namely Excalibur IX because I already have it and Wizard Rod because I have like four native Hastegas already including one for IX). Plus I can save more for Onion Knight if I put off getting more IX synergy until the next event.

For that matter, I'm kind of waffling on doing my pull on Noel 2 after getting the Vegas and Serah's Gloves from the lucky draw. I'll probably attempt the CM with my current gear and see how it goes, then if I can't do it weigh how much I want the rewards versus carrying forward another 50 mythril.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
1/11, Eiko's BSB. The game really wants me to use her, because I have ALL her SBs.

I am also spoiled as gently caress, because either she or Rosa (SSB) slot in nicely as uber-healer for my A-team, though with the crit+ Eiko seems better suited to physical teams.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
First pull:

Hooray! Beatrix's BSB, and a pretty good off-banner.

3 of my last 6 non-lucky draws have been off-banner generics. 50% off banner rate, yaaay....

But I couldn't resist pulling again!

Humph. Since G5 I have gone 5/44- that's an 11% rate. My pull rate has gotten much shittier since G5 arrived. Oh well, being really unlucky during G5 is still less painful than my first year of playing.

I really wanted that gold hairpin, but I can't really justify pulling again.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Schwartzcough posted:

First pull:

Hooray! Beatrix's BSB, and a pretty good off-banner.

3 of my last 6 non-lucky draws have been off-banner generics. 50% off banner rate, yaaay....

But I couldn't resist pulling again!

Humph. Since G5 I have gone 5/44- that's an 11% rate. My pull rate has gotten much shittier since G5 arrived. Oh well, being really unlucky during G5 is still less painful than my first year of playing.

I really wanted that gold hairpin, but I can't really justify pulling again.

Hey, I'm back ahead of you in mythril now! :v: Do we know when the first of those datamined mythril gifts is due to drop? If we get two before the 26th (or maybe one and an apology mythril or two) I might be able to hit 500 before Larsa starts. Or I could clear a couple extra Elites from my backlog if I decide hitting a completely symbolic milestone is actually important to me.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hey, I'm back ahead of you in mythril now! :v: Do we know when the first of those datamined mythril gifts is due to drop? If we get two before the 26th (or maybe one and an apology mythril or two) I might be able to hit 500 before Larsa starts. Or I could clear a couple extra Elites from my backlog if I decide hitting a completely symbolic milestone is actually important to me.

Oh, if you've got a realm dungeon backlog then you're way ahead of me. I've already cleared this week's DU. I gambled all on a second pull and lost! Ok, except for those other 420 mythril.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
2 x 11 pulls:

3 Tridents
Golden hairpin
Kuja's gloves
Hamelin
Wizard rod

Wanted Hamelin, needed synergy since IX was tied for my worst (with VIII). Success.

E: also I now have a 300 attack spear with synergy :getin:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Wow, I'm an idiot.

I pulled 2x Ovelia staves during the BSB-fest, and promptly forgot that the soul break is a curaga + magic blink.

I have Keeper's Tome as well, which I use in conjunction with a RW wall.

A better medica and two sources of magic blink is going to be pretty nice against upcoming U++ stuff, I think :v:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Schwartzcough posted:

Oh, if you've got a realm dungeon backlog then you're way ahead of me. I've already cleared this week's DU. I gambled all on a second pull and lost! Ok, except for those other 420 mythril.

I'm at 462 with one mythril left to get from the Eiko event and 18 Elites left, which is the least I've had in my backlog in a very long time. I'm gonna do another 7 of those to get myself up to 168 4/5 stamina to save a couple refreshes if I want to pop one for whatever reason and then stop until the next DU comes out. So that would put me at 470, plus about 15 from daily logins and another 10 from the Guy event will put me just shy. But I looked it up and the we'll actually get two of the mythril gifts before Larsa (the first one hits tomorrow, in fact!) so I'll make this arbitrary cutoff that I would get within minutes of the event opening anyway. :v:

I'm hoping to get one of the two BSB relics in my first Larsa pull because that'll be enough to satisfy me (well, maybe not if I get Ashe's Defiance and nothing else because I do still need XII weapons), but I'm prepared to make two. Maybe even more if bad gacha luck gives me a rage stroke.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

On my 2nd pull, first was a 1/11 with a Wizard Rod. I am very happy with this result.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
1/11 Kuja's Gloves.

It's a good piece of armor and Endark on a Darkness mage is great, but man, I really wanted a weapon.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Hurgh, I really want to pull on this banner for the soul breaks, but my FFIX synergy currently consists of:

6* ++ combined Dagger, that I could reforge.
5* Dagger (Orichalcum, SSB)
5* Sword (Defender)
5* Sword (Coral Sword)
5* Sword (Ultima Sword)
5* Sword (Ragnarok, SSB)
5* Spear (Bistro Fork)
5* Fists (Cat's Claws)
6* + combined Staff(Asura's Staff)
5* Staff (Ice Staff)
5* Rod (Wizard Rod, SSB)
5* Instrument (Golem's Flute)
and
5* Helmet (Barbut)
5* Bracers (Gauntlet)

Sorry about the humblebrag bullshit ( :jerkbag:), but I'm kinda torn on this. On the other hand, I am set for realm synergy for pretty much forever, and the soulbreaks are some of the best I have access to. But then this banner is so good when it comes to buffing my melee A-Team. And then there's the fact that FF9 is my favourite one in the entire series, and one of my favourite games period.

So help me out here, should I pull or not?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Hamelin recurs in OSB fest (assuming they don't swap it out), which has a bunch of other things that are not FFIX. Wait for that.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
1/11, Hamelin. Ok.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Ugh, what's the best way to grind for a Record Materia that only drops in FFIV realms? I need to get Holy Blade out of the way before Pencil can get to his other, actually-good RMs.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Payday, so it was time to fulfill my promise to dena and whale on the FF7 banner! I had 25 mythril so I bought gems to make up the difference. I will have 300 gems left over. Let's do some 100 gem pulls first....

:vince:

100 gem pull on second FF7 banner...

Vincent becomes useful!

FF9 banner 100 gem pull gets me nothing. Let's do the 11 pull on the Ragnarok banner!

:tviv:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cleretic posted:

Ugh, what's the best way to grind for a Record Materia that only drops in FFIV realms? I need to get Holy Blade out of the way before Pencil can get to his other, actually-good RMs.

Get a bunch of other characters that you want record materias for, and just run the first part of the lowest stamina cost FFIV dungeon over and over. Like, don't even bother going forwards to the boss battle, just keep autobattling that 2 stamina round over and over.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

Killing Vector posted:

1/11 Kuja's Gloves.

It's a good piece of armor and Endark on a Darkness mage is great, but man, I really wanted a weapon.

3/22, I got Golden Hairpin and two Kuja's Gloves. It's hard to complain about that, but I wanted weapons too. At least my armour synergy is filled. Definitely got to go for a roll on Tidus OSB now as well.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

If anyone wants a Cloud OSB to help with the Ultimates, my friend code is e4Le and I believe Cloud will have 619 ATK with synergy. Have fun!

Booyaka Booyaka

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Got stardust rod. I guess I can double up the hope rw for u++ now for double the kill speed.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Just leave me here to die. :smithicide:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Attestant posted:

Get a bunch of other characters that you want record materias for, and just run the first part of the lowest stamina cost FFIV dungeon over and over. Like, don't even bother going forwards to the boss battle, just keep autobattling that 2 stamina round over and over.

I have like 16-17 guys to get rm's for. I was extremely proactive during the last orbfest, and I also ended up egging one black mage per realm to 65 in preparation for the chain spells and meltdown. Recently I couldn't help myself and decided to start spending all my eggs to get white mages to level 65.

I need like, 5 more guys and I'll have one for every realm save ffxi. I don't hold on to eggs for long, I'll be honest with you.

Edit: Also diamond weapon down. Honestly not that hard once I got the right setup. I didn't even need to egg caitsith past 50, though I did egg aeris.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I already have Shout, and pulled the Gold Hairpin. Is the ATK boost the same between the two?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I already have Shout, and pulled the Gold Hairpin. Is the ATK boost the same between the two?

yes

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Armitage posted:

Payday, so it was time to fulfill my promise to dena and whale on the FF7 banner! I had 25 mythril so I bought gems to make up the difference. I will have 300 gems left over. Let's do some 100 gem pulls first....

:vince:

100 gem pull on second FF7 banner...

Vincent becomes useful!

FF9 banner 100 gem pull gets me nothing. Let's do the 11 pull on the Ragnarok banner!

:tviv:

Grats on the strongest of swords.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Orfeo posted:

Just leave me here to die. :smithicide:

Ewwww. That's bad. I'm sorry, friend :sympathy:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

Grats on the strongest of swords.

Bring on the 6* dark matters :getin:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Oh God roulette is the absolute worst

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
they just keep killing themselves with roulette, for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
After chain blizzaga and now chain firaga I am hurting very badly for non elemental orbs

• Locked thread