Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Each type of plant has a few specified locations per jungle quadrant that it can spawn in and limits on how many plants can be in that area at any one time. Blast Cones for example have 5 possible spawn points per quadrant, one of which happens consistently, the other four of which are occasionally. A quadrant will spawn a Blast Cone around every 3 minutes, and there can't be more than two of them in a quadrant. Their spawn locations are all near interesting walls to cross/junctions to control. Scrying Blooms and Honeyfruit have similar spawn times and rules, though use different spawn points (e.g. Honeyfruit only ever appear in the river along the walls).

First jungle clear is almost entirely pre-set. There's only slight variation in when plants spawn (~10s), so you can rely on plants generally having predictable behavior around the start and ends of clears especially. First generation of plants here spawn between the 1:00 and 2:30 range.

Early game (until around minute 15) plants only appear deeper in the jungle, so that they don't feel like they're having too strong an impact on individual lanes. As the game progresses additional spawn points closer to the lane start getting used (e.g. there are Blast Cone locations you can use to dive some towers, but they're not going to occur until around 25 minutes).

Expectation is, based off both plant spawn locations and who's travelling the map, that junglers will be the primary champions interacting with plants early to early-mid game, but eventually they'll be things that are occasionally relevant to any member of a team.

Version we're currently testing is that plants have a 30s growing time (telegraph of when they'll be useable). They'll appear on the minimap once you've seen them, but won't be removed if someone uses them out of your vision until you revisit that spot (like small jungle camps or buildings in an RTS game). While a plant is growing there's no way to interact with it.

After they've been used plants leave some withered remains behind for a short time (currently also 30s). As a result you sometimes won't want to interact with a given plant if you're concerned about signalling to the enemy team that you've recently been through a particular area.

While there's some variation in where/when plants spawn the script that controls them is also designed so that it will distribute plants fairly between the sides of the map (one team shouldn't get screwed) and will pull back towards average results over time (if spawns have been much less frequent or infrequent than they should be on average for a little while the next period will have more/fewer spawns to compensate).

Hey Riot? gently caress this poo poo, seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm not reading that lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
One of the plants is basically super ziggs satchel, so get ready for the season of ranged counterjunglers

stump collector
May 28, 2007
id rather not play the game anymore

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Hey Riot? gently caress this poo poo, seriously

Wondering if they're going to walk this back during Preseason or not. The response appears to be overwhelmingly negative.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Imagine a kindred smiting your golem and satchelplanting away when you chase....forever

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
It's finally time to start climbing Dota 2 mountain. And I felt like I was just getting started with this league of legends business.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Already a lot of people giving their option and calling the jungle changes dumb.
Heres mine.

In text it seems extremely overly complicated and being activated on autos just screams ranged junglers being dominant, good luck not being sent flying back into graves or nidalee or kayle by the jump plant.

Smite giving the red buff health restore seems dumb to me, the game already has heavy sustain and health swing situations, does it really need a jungler that's fighting someone near scuttle or wolf/birds to get back several hundred HP mid-fight suddenly? maybe they are worried about high sustain and clear junglers being dominate so they are making it so everyone is high sustain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

while i think a lot of people are enjoying the current jungle i am willing to bet that riot is concerned with how much free and easy exp and gold are in there and are trying to figure out a way to change it without pissing people off by just blatantly trying to lower the gold and exp

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm just gonna be chill and try my best to enjoy the new jungle changes. As a casual normie, I think it's kinda dumb but it might be interesting.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So many massive changes, I don't even want to relearn them.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yes this is incredibly complicated and massive, how can a human like me ever understand this

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Hooray I did it. Placed into Silver 4 this season (Gold 5 at end of last season).

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Yes this is incredibly complicated and massive, how can a human like me ever understand this

it's more of having to put effort in to relearn a game i've played for probably thousands of hours total. I haven't playedm uch league in the last 2-3 years and stuff is a little different.

I haven't played dota at all in 5 years and i went back to it a few weeks ago and it only took a few games for me to relearn it.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Elentor posted:

I need someone to tell me what APs are good right now. Is Zyra still viable?
I see a lot of pros picking Syndra up, did they buff her?

Zyra isn't really played mid lane much due to her immobility and poor ability to escape from ganks. You could play her mid if you can deal with that but she is better as a support.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ed balls

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Got my smurf into plat just now. This champion/build is the definition of freelo:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i love that the best trade you can take is just to run up AA-Q and then run away like an idiot

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

i love that the best trade you can take is just to run up AA-Q and then run away like an idiot

Yeah there's also the part where this champion requires no mechanics or skill whatsoever and the only thing remotely resembling it is understanding Q bounces.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
What are they trying to accomplish with these plants?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the riot guy who designed the plants thing or w/e looks like guy fieri and is silver 4 l0l

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yea but what level of drug master is he

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new idea

ingame drugs

or take a page from eve online and call them "boosters" or something equally dumb

25% chance to spawn 1d4 boosters randomly on the map whenever you autoattack a jungle monster

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
To go along with randomly spawning flavors of elemental drakes, each game should have a randomly spawned jungle from season 0-7. Maybe you'll get plants, maybe you'll get different buffs from Smite, maybe you'll get loving murdered, maybe your mid and adc will steal all your camps, maybe you'll spend every game poor. How each team reacts will dictate who is truly the winner in League of Legends.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

get the season 0? 1? jungle on a low hp jungler and have to have your support babysit you because the jungle creeps can loving murder you

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Nietzschean posted:

new idea

ingame drugs

or take a page from eve online and call them "boosters" or something equally dumb

25% chance to spawn 1d4 boosters randomly on the map whenever you autoattack a jungle monster

teemo off his loving nut on fentanyl 1v5ing this game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just won a sub 17 minute game with Miss Fortune. Ride the elo train to diamond

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

help

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Hooray I did it. Placed into Silver 4 this season (Gold 5 at end of last season).

That's very nice, good job!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I'm 4-4 in placements what is this elo? I'm pretty sure it's just Gold players with bronze elo. Shen teleported out of lane at level 6 and never came back leaving me to fend for myself against four man dives and despite Akali and I begging for someone to peel because I was doing the most damage in the game by a landslide the three tanks on our team just didn't get it and called me a noob.

Luckily MF is broke as gently caress and Akali and I kinda just solo carried on virtue of blowing anyone up that didn't immediately target either of us

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

why is it always aatrox

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

To go along with randomly spawning flavors of elemental drakes, each game should have a randomly spawned jungle from season 0-7. Maybe you'll get plants, maybe you'll get different buffs from Smite, maybe you'll get loving murdered, maybe your mid and adc will steal all your camps, maybe you'll spend every game poor. How each team reacts will dictate who is truly the winner in League of Legends.

Maybe you'll get Feral Flare at release.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

why is it always aatrox

im guessing it only does this in the na client where aatrox is alphabetically first?

someone should see if this bug exists in korea and if so if it shows garen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Plants serve to remind us all that Riot is successful in spite of itself.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

dblankenship81 posted:

Follow this guy on facebook and pay him to watch his stream, you'll be Diamond in no time.

For real though, is there a guide for what are the best items to build now and jungle routes?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

RC Cola posted:

For real though, is there a guide for what are the best items to build now and jungle routes?

http://champion.gg/champion/Vi

Check this build and just go beat up the rock turtles and go through everything else.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ayyyy because the jungle isnt weird enough, all camps are now solo camps except Raptors which are 5+1

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean, it's kind of smart in a way. AoE junglers have been incredibly strong for like 2 years and junglers with no AoE harder to clear with. Graves, Nidalee, Skarner, Kayle, Kindred, Zac etc. are all top-tier for a while and this just lets other junglers be a little more viable.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also

ahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i dont personally love those tattoos but if the people that got them are happy with em that's all that matters :)

• Locked thread