Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

ocrumsprug posted:

They didn't get hit with another tsunami, their elderly king died. The country probably shouldn't stop.

When the Queen finally goes, no one in the Commonwealth is closing the pubs over it.

That's because when the old bag finally bites it the Commonwealth peasants will be drinking their sorrow away. It's a proud tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://i.imgur.com/7WGYWof.gifv

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Great Autismo! posted:

Angel opportunity had been asking me to post it for a few years but I'm unsure what I want to do with it when I'm done so I'm reluctant to post it

Imho you should just keep compiling for as long as you're working in China, then turn it into a book called China Will Rule the World.

Also wire me like 50% of the proceeds for coming up with that title.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

The Great Autismo! posted:

Angel opportunity had been asking me to post it for a few years but I'm unsure what I want to do with it when I'm done so I'm reluctant to post it

I'm going to admit to something. I thought you were Angel Opportunity just with a name change.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

beep-beep car is go posted:

I'm going to admit to something. I thought you were Angel Opportunity just with a name change.

No angel opportunity is better and cooler and funnier than me, tho he and I have pretty much the same stories and same view on China

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
The new king of Thailand sure is suave. 5000 years of good taste!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Potrzebie posted:

Enjoy your lese majeste charges, friend!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Potrzebie posted:

Lol what a baller

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That's actually him? Holy poo poo.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol: the dude on the far right

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

KiteAuraan posted:

That's because when the old bag finally bites it the Commonwealth peasants will be drinking their sorrow away. It's a proud tradition.

I hope they wear a shirt with her picture on it or something because otherwise no one will be able to tell they're in morning just from the continuous drinking alone.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Potrzebie posted:

See; even the king of Thailand knows the important secret to cooling the body down is having the belly button exposed.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Whatever happened to AO? He was an insufferable douche bag but that added to the flavor.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

Lol what a baller

lmao monarchies are the best

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 14, 2016

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Radar posted:

Enjoy your lese majeste charges, friend!

:byodame: What, don't you agree he is absolutely gorgeous?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

drat i wish someone did that to my penis

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Glenn Quebec posted:

Whatever happened to AO? He was an insufferable douche bag but that added to the flavor.

As far as I know, he/she got doxed and stopped posting.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Thai people supporting their dead king.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Haier posted:

Thai people supporting their dead king.

Maybe they're chinese and the green arrows are pointing towards the shrimp buffet

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Haier posted:

As far as I know, he/she got doxed and stopped posting.

No poo poo is there a link to this nonsense drama?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Glenn Quebec posted:

No poo poo is there a link to this nonsense drama?
It was during the GBS Graveyard and there were like 4 or 5 China threads going on and I don't know which one it was in and it was too long ago so it's probably like buried 10 pages back in whatever thread it was. I may be wrong if AO quit, but someone posted the info and AO got upset and said it was stuff like that that will make him/her stop posting on these forums, and then I haven't seem an AO post since.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Levon Wei, thankfully, continues to post.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.ejinsight.com/20161014-sharing-fridge-campaign-turns-into-free-for-all-in-shanghai/

quote:

“Sharing Fridge”, a charitable scheme in which members of a community contribute food items and place them in a communal refrigerator for the underprivileged, has been launched in at least three locations in Shanghai.

The response was overwhelming, but the scheme did not go according to plan.

In less than 10 minutes, all the food donations in the community fridges were wiped out by people who did not look they were the intended recipients of the project, news website eastday.com reports.

It was observed that many people took more than one portion of the available food, while others brought their entire family to fetch the freebies.
Others suggested that what works well in the West may not necessarily work in China.

This kind of thing, along with feeding the needy, is common in India and other countries in SEA and doesn't get destroyed in minutes by grabby retards. But this is China, so what do you expect? LOL @ the idea of taking care of and/or feeding the poor and needy in China. So much face to be lost by helping others.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So in addition to having a large Chinese community, Vancouver also has a large Punjabi community. One of the major Punjabi holidays is Vaisakhi, which is sort of like a Punjabi Halloween except you don't have to get dressed up and you get Indian food instead of candy when you go door to door.

I go almost every year because free Indian food is great, but the Chinese people take it to the next level. They turn up with canvas bags and shopping carts in order to take home as much food as possible, which they then load into their Lexuses and drive back to their million dollar mansions to enjoy.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

McGavin posted:

So in addition to having a large Chinese community, Vancouver also has a large Punjabi community. One of the major Punjabi holidays is Vaisakhi, which is sort of like a Punjabi Halloween except you don't have to get dressed up and you get Indian food instead of candy when you go door to door.

I go almost every year because free Indian food is great, but the Chinese people take it to the next level. They turn up with canvas bags and shopping carts in order to take home as much food as possible, which they then load into their Lexuses and drive back to their million dollar mansions to enjoy.

Does mandarin even have a word for "shame" ??

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9sGhNoSG3o

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Does mandarin even have a word for "shame" ??

I remember seeing a news story a while ago about Mainlander expats I think somewhere in Canada lining up for a church's food distribution program and they would then go around the corner, pick through it and throw anything they didn't think they could resell into the street, and then take the rest of it back to Chinatown and try to sell it on a corner. Of course several people went through the line more than once to get more free stuff to sell from these loving Suckers Just Giving poo poo Away For Nothing.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When I moved out of my Chinatown apartment I threw away fifteen or so big hefty bags of poo poo. Not all of it was poo poo as my general philosophy for moving is to not carry anything I would rather just rebuy, but still.

Between setting the bags out overnight and going to the subway in the morning all of the bags had been split open and sorted through with things like lovely old kitchen knives, old sheets and towels, stained kitchen Tupperware, all snapped up and put in someone's home.

When I lived in China there were junkmen that came around. The only thing of value I'd bought in China was a boombox to listen to music on and I debated flagging the junkman down and selling it to him because that was his job basically -- a pawnshop on a trike. I instead gave it to a retried geography teacher that had gone out of his way to make friends with me and who wasn't a lunatic.

raton fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 14, 2016

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I've seen something similar to that in NYC. Essentially, if you're Asian they seem to screen you. I used to live by Thompson Square Park and walked my dog there all the time and I saw a lot of disingenuous food line stuff by Asians and also morning Tai chi accompanied by like a group of twenty elderly Tai chi-ers hocking out enormous loogies and generally hacking and coughing.

I gotta move to the suburbs.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
It was probably in San Francisco, there are a ton of videos like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQdaDoqXsE

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fall Sick and Die posted:

It was probably in San Francisco, there are a ton of videos like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQdaDoqXsE

That was probably it, yeah.

Absolutely vile.

raton fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 14, 2016

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Oh, and I can't forget can collecting elderly lady that goes through my trash but was yelled at for popping a squat while doing so (number 2) so now I'm 99% sure she just shits in her pants by my estimate from walking behind her. This is in a more residential area of Brooklyn so I understand that it's difficult to find a public restroom and since making GBS threads all over the sidewalk in front of my neighbors home isn't cool, I guess blowing a hole through your pants is all you got.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There was a farmer in China who had grown more cabbages than he needed, so he posted online hey I have extra cabbages, if you're in the neighborhood come get one for free.

The next day people were rolling in with trucks and stealing literally everything on his farm. They took all the cabbages, all the other crops, and were like ransacking his house and poo poo taking anything not nailed down. Huge piles of stuff to go resell. They destroyed his entire life.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I don't even know what gave him the moral impetus to offer anything for free in great China.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Oh, and I can't forget can collecting elderly lady that goes through my trash but was yelled at for popping a squat while doing so (number 2) so now I'm 99% sure she just shits in her pants by my estimate from walking behind her. This is in a more residential area of Brooklyn so I understand that it's difficult to find a public restroom and since making GBS threads all over the sidewalk in front of my neighbors home isn't cool, I guess blowing a hole through your pants is all you got.

I had a can lady too but she never did a loaf that I know of. Did have the padded thermopants though, so it's possible she was dookin and cannin all day every day

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

She waves and tries to kind of communicate with me which I don't appreciate. I've never felt like I was a class oriented person or the kind of person to look down at someone or even feel like I would judge someone based on their class but I have never felt more utterly otherwise.

Also someone rolls around in a lovely Mercedes who yells at her in Chinese. I don't know if this is her older son, or husband or can collector pimp but something is loving going on.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McGavin posted:

A co-worker was telling me that he almost had to wrestle an armful of T-shirts out of the hands of a nice Chinese lady at the organ donation sign up table they had at that event.

No she didn't sign up for organ donation. The doctors murder you if you are in a hospital and are signed up, do you know?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

There was a farmer in China who had grown more cabbages than he needed, so he posted online hey I have extra cabbages, if you're in the neighborhood come get one for free.

The next day people were rolling in with trucks and stealing literally everything on his farm. They took all the cabbages, all the other crops, and were like ransacking his house and poo poo taking anything not nailed down. Huge piles of stuff to go resell. They destroyed his entire life.
I remember this, or at least a similar story since it was melons/pumpkins of some kind. They cleared all of his fields and broke a lot of healthy vegetables for no reason. He lost all of his crops that year. LMAO China.

I used to work with a non-profit in Hawaii where we'd feed the homeless in the parks they liked to live/sleep/hang at. This was long before the days of Chinese tourists being a thing, but I imagine now that there are probably many of them waiting in line with the homeless to get a plate of food since it's there. We didn't have any rules about who could get food, but even the surfers wouldn't wait for food because they knew it was mainly for the actual homeless and drug-addicted who slept on the streets.

Meth heads eating soup is p funny to watch. They talk to it. There was this one chick having a total meltdown and the beach cops showed up and took her to the showers and put her in he cold water for a few minutes until she calmed down. Since it's an island, you learn who everyone is quickly and it's weird being out and seeing tons of homeless people you know on a first-name basis (and who can't remember your name because they're so wacked out). A lot of them died due to ODing, though the memory of some of them lives on in the early seasons of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

There was this one guy I thought was a real piece of poo poo and I just knew he was going to OD any day. He was fat as hell and would steal from local shops and only move when food trucks came in for free food. He was rude and foul and even the other homeless hated him, so he was always alone on this bench that he claimed as his bed because when he'd go to where the rest of them were camped he'd get into fist fights. Anyway, I was walking to work one day and I saw the usual ambulance loading a body into the back. I asked who it was and it was that dude. I thought about him the rest of the day because it was so weird he actually did it and died of a heart attack due to an over dose. He was one of those dudes that people would cross the street if he was on the same sidewalk because he was so offensive. I used to be like "drat, hope this dude goes soon because gently caress this guy." Then he did, and then I was like "Oh poo poo... this is weird."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
For better or worse, the villains of our lives give it character and their passing leaves it more mundane.

On the other hand, good riddance a lot of the time, ahaha

• Locked thread