Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is Alolan Muk supposed to look like refraction off oil? Either way I'm glad cause Muk is cool and Poison/Dark is a good typing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
Gotta say, really digging how Muk changes color, that's pretty sweet.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

New Muk is cool and he's joining my team of cool dudes.

Now I just need to figure out how to pet him without dying.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

MissileWaster posted:

Yes, GameXplain confirmed this in the Q&A vid. Apparently you get it pretty early on too, but they couldn't remember when you get it in gen 6 so they couldn't compare. But yeah within the first 1-2 hours.

Oh, thank Christ. I already want to use waaaaaay too many Pokemon. Silvally just earned a spot on the team and so did Tsareena.

drat it, November, get here faster!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zore posted:

Also should have kept Muk with Stench/Gluttony imo. Poison Touch is dumb :(

It fits perfectly with they're new super toxic form though.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Now I want to see a shiny Alolan Muk.

Super No Vacancy posted:

alolan muk looks delicious

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Alolan Muk doesn't actually smell bad since all the toxins are concentrated in its body and crystals. In contrast, Kanto Muk is constantly seeping toxic fluids.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

RKS

Ar ce us

har

guys please tell me how clever I am for figuring this out

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Scholtz posted:

guys please tell me how clever I am for figuring this out

You da best

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I don't know. The descriptions of Queenly Majesty and Dazzling are a bit different...

Bruxish can have the new Ability Dazzling, which no other Pokémon has ever had. The Dazzling Ability prevents opponents from using priority moves that normally strike first.

Some Tsareena have the Queenly Majesty Ability, which no other Pokémon has previously had. The effects of Queenly Majesty are so intimidating that it prevents opponents from using priority moves.

Since GF loves to play word games with their descriptions, they could be different abilities—Tsareena's priority killer may be a field affect, which could affect ANY priority move while it's in the field, and Bruxish's priority killer affects Bruxish itself and only prevents priority attack moves.

SirBukkake fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 14, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Zore posted:

Also should have kept Muk with Stench/Gluttony imo. Poison Touch is dumb :(

Poison Touch owns. My Curse/Shadow Sneak Muk uses it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i knew it was arceustwo as soon as i saw the name Type: Null :cool:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its a raticate

https://twitter.com/Gotham3/status/786872524483076097

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Just noticed that Olivia only has 3 pokemon. I wanna hope this is just because she might be early in the game but I feel like the dream of fighting against a full team of Pokémon is dead :sigh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pokehumans trying to duplicate pokegods via ungodly science is one of the more interesting themes of pokemon

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

holy gently caress alola muk

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Super No Vacancy posted:

alolan muk looks delicious

dont eat the muk please

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Just noticed that Olivia only has 3 pokemon. I wanna hope this is just because she might be early in the game but I feel like the dream of fighting against a full team of Pokémon is dead :sigh:

The trial captains or whatever they are called are just gym leaders by another name so they're gunna be just as dumb as the gym leaders in the other games.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

don't worry you will fight a full team of pokemon.

it's aloan magikarp guy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Her Lycanroc is also lvl 27 :/ she is the second Kahuna tho, and we see Guzma with mid-30s during an event on the third island, so it's possible the level progression will be decent and the third Kahuna will have 4 or 5 pokemon. I'm just really hoping because some trailers have lvl 50 wild pokemon, so maybe things will get wild later on.

Dunban posted:

They also just released the latest S&M anime trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPj5Db8JqGg) and I spotted this:

What are these bird Pokemon? Fearow, sure, but what about the other one? It could be Braviary, but it's not an exact match.

The toucan in the shirt!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The real question is wtf that thing on the left is. Does Alolan Exeggutor have two forms??

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

OneDeadman posted:

don't worry you will fight a full team of pokemon.

it's aloan magikarp guy

Better than the travesty that was Gen V's Magikarp guy.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Is Alolan Muk supposed to look like refraction off oil? Either way I'm glad cause Muk is cool and Poison/Dark is a good typing.

I think it's supposed to be a paint spill.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

dont eat the muk please

hey the guy before you wants to gently caress it!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Super No Vacancy posted:

hey the guy before you wants to gently caress it!!

well it is full of j-o crystals

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Good. Having random trainers have six Pokemon was pretty boring, they were all low level shits. And since you faced loads of trainers every route, making them have less, but stronger Pokemon, was better.

Also, you face Gladion with a Silvarry at level 53, so unless it's a postgame fight that's an indication of when the Skull plotline might come to a head.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dunban posted:

They also just released the latest S&M anime trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPj5Db8JqGg) and I spotted this:

What are these bird Pokemon? Fearow, sure, but what about the other one? It could be Braviary, but it's not an exact match.

I'm pretty sure that's just Braviary.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

also I love that bee

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hope there are triple battles so you can have six muks just looking all fabulous at each other

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Captain Fargle posted:

Nah, it's an oil slick in the rain.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

tsaaaaareeeeeeenaaaaaaa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ruggington posted:

tsaaaaareeeeeeenaaaaaaa

i know !!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
queen plant looks like such a bitch. I love it. Now buff vespiquen please.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Captain Fargle posted:

See I thought it was meant to be a Mario Sunshine reference.

Muk is cool and I'm running out of room on my team :ohdear:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im sure the story behind type:null/RKS/etc will be cool and interesting but he looks bland to me

i am all about that muk though, please give him a unique acid armor animation

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Hypocrisy coming through: I love Alolan Muk after hating on Grimer. It turning into a drywall paint monster sold me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Alolan Grimer is very cute. :3:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Given how things are on other websites, I'm surprised there's not a ton of discussion on Olivia here.

Shneak posted:

Hypocrisy coming through: I love Alolan Muk after hating on Grimer. It turning into a drywall paint monster sold me.

:yeah:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Also,

Steenee's Pokedex posted:

The calyx on Steenee's head is harder than Bounsweet’s, so Steenee no longer worries about being stabbed by other Pokémon.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Take note they also develop pointy legs to drop kick and stab opponents.