Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Just a friendly PSA, some bigger proxy printers are starting to print hologram era cards and guides are becoming more mainstream on how to remove a legit hologram and move it to a proxy card. Some of these folks are now US based.

Biggest card to watch closely is new lily.

http://imgur.com/y9APB4D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Mystic Mongol posted:

Hits, triggers, dies. If the snapcaster dying does anything, that resolves before the snapcaster effect does, because it goes on the stack second.

You actually get to pick the order they go on because before you even put the flashback trigger on the stack state-based actions are checked and it dies.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

Just a friendly PSA, some bigger proxy printers are starting to print hologram era cards and guides are becoming more mainstream on how to remove a legit hologram and move it to a proxy card. Some of these folks are now US based.

Yes, yes! :kheldragar:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sickening posted:

:mrgw:

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

You can still run BtL off of mana dork, prism and energy land without bothering with red or black lands. Panharmonicon 5-8 plus toolbox potential makes me want to keep it in. The only big loss is red sweepers out of the sideboard.

FYI Bring to Light only gets creatures, instants, or sorceries.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Panharmonicon is now $6, yesterday it was $2. I legit love that MTGGoldfish influences the market.

Start magic finance website
Hire wacky dude who makes fun decks with bulk cards
Profit?

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Fish Of Doom posted:

Panharmonicon is now $6, yesterday it was $2. I legit love that MTGGoldfish influences the market.

Start magic finance website
Hire wacky dude who makes fun decks with bulk cards
Profit?

That deck looked super fun though, although it's probably not competitive in the long run.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Hell yeah where do I place my order

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Does anyone else think the gremlin on the left is doing a sexy pose with it's legs like "hey sailor let's chew up some inventions?"

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

80s James Hetfield posted:

Hell yeah where do I place my order

This, ironically.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

SoftNum posted:

Does anyone else think the gremlin on the left is doing a sexy pose with it's legs like "hey sailor let's chew up some inventions?"

no

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SoftNum posted:

I see what you mean but those are its arms.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

the sexual Shiite posted:

This, ironically.

I'll play standard without having to spend $300 on a deck that rotates in 90 days. Point me to the website

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I'll play standard without having to spend $300 on a deck that rotates in 90 days. Point me to the website

I think you're just being sarcastic about the 90 days, but lots of people I talk to seem really confused when Standard rotates. They think it rotates when Aether Revolt comes out, for some reason. It actually doesn't happen until April 28, 2017, when Amonkhet releases.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I replaced the white gearhulk with it and it seemed decent the few times I got it. I hate the white gearhulk since it's a non-bo with the namesake card so I was happy to ditch it and I got some great value doubling up Gonti triggers. The deck is fun as heck, if you have the tickets to spare I think it's definitely worth throwing together. Heads up that Sapphron was on earlier streaming a modified version of the deck with more white. I didn't get the full list but looked like he had added stasis snares, quarantine fields, and avacyn. Seemed more streamlined for the purpose of being competitive but the original version linked in the thread is definitely fun as heck.

Awesome, I was hoping Gonti would be a good add. I did watch parts of the stream last night. I think he made a big mistake putting Eldritch Evolution in the deck, it never got used and took up 4 slots. I does play a lot better with 3 green gearhulks like he used on stream though, I know some people on stream didn't like that he added a thought-knot seer but I think it was a good addition to the deck. The quarantine fields and stasis snares were good adds but with electrostatic pummeler deck seeing so much play online he really should board in some prevent damage spells, those would wreck the pummeler deck.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Considering the meta, I wonder if it's worth it for any deck playing white to mainboard Fragmentize? It takes care of Smuggler's Copter, Panharmonicon, Electrostatic Pummeler, and I'm sure plenty of other cards that will start popping up in the meta.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

I was trying to dodge a :files: ban. I'd like the same thing, but in a manner that don't get me banned.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I doubt after all the conversations we have had on the subject that mods give a poo poo at this point.

I do have some info if anyone wants to pm me. I would love to help anyone that doesn't want to get trade scammed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what the hell is up with the title

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

the sexual Shiite posted:

I was trying to dodge a :files: ban. I'd like the same thing, but in a manner that don't get me banned.

We talk bout this every 3 months casually in our rotating 7 topics we go in circles about while we wait for spoilers of the next set.

It's an obvious joke @ this point

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

I doubt after all the conversations we have had on the subject that mods give a poo poo at this point.

I do have some info if anyone wants to pm me. I would love to help anyone that doesn't want to get trade scammed.

Your PM's are turned off

Hey wait ain't today the start of the pro tour?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Your PM's are turned off

They aren't turned off unless a mod just turned them off.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Your PM's are turned off

Yeah it should start today.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

We talk bout this every 3 months casually in our rotating 7 topics we go in circles about while we wait for spoilers of the next set.

It's an obvious joke @ this point

I used to be Kizudarake. I know. :)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Good to know a name change didn't impede your shitposting.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

TwistedNails posted:

Awesome, I was hoping Gonti would be a good add. I did watch parts of the stream last night. I think he made a big mistake putting Eldritch Evolution in the deck, it never got used and took up 4 slots. I does play a lot better with 3 green gearhulks like he used on stream though, I know some people on stream didn't like that he added a thought-knot seer but I think it was a good addition to the deck. The quarantine fields and stasis snares were good adds but with electrostatic pummeler deck seeing so much play online he really should board in some prevent damage spells, those would wreck the pummeler deck.

Yeah all I ever wanted was to Bring to Light for more green gearhulks, definitely felt sad only having the 1 in the games I've been playing so far. Also sad that you can't BtL for the black gearhulk.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What am I hitting with Invasive Surgery in my Marvel SB? It seems terrible... I have 4 Dispel 2 Negate right now and I feel like I want the 3rd Negate over any number of Surgery.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

You know, using Void Winnower for a budget marvel deck worked out OK. Sure it isn't as bad as Emmy or Ulamog but it has messed with people pretty well. What's another budget beater that can screw with someone's plan? Color doesn't matter much right now. Am playing standard on mtgo.

Mostly using drafted cards and a deck builders tool kit for now.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 14, 2016

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

What am I hitting with Invasive Surgery in my Marvel SB? It seems terrible... I have 4 Dispel 2 Negate right now and I feel like I want the 3rd Negate over any number of Surgery.

What is the final list you're running with?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What is the final list you're running with?

I'll post it tonight. At work now. But it's Temur.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

xanthan posted:

You know, using Void Winnower for a budget marvel deck worked out OK. Sure it isn't as bad as Emmy or Ulamog but it has messed with people pretty well. What's another budget beater that can screw with someone's plan? Color doesn't matter much right now. Am playing standard on mtgo.

Desolation Twin seems like it could work in a budget. Hard to go wrong with getting 2 10/10's

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

xanthan posted:

Mostly using drafted cards and a deck builders tool kit for now.

Kozilek, the Great Distortion costs 64 cents on MTGO.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

Kozilek, the Great Distortion costs 64 cents on MTGO.

Pretty sure Desolation Twin or Void Winnower are better than Kozilek.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 14, 2016

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

what is this world you live in?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I really hope this is standard.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

I really hope this is standard.

It's the 1G fog card from Kaladesh. I run 4 in the Marvel SB

I think we posted about this yesterday but the card is good out from the SB. If it allows you to live one or two more turns and you can get a Marvel activation out of them it's a key to turning the match around in your favor

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

No big deal, just a two mana green Mana Short and 3-for-1.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
People didn't even know it existed until I busted it out last week during FNM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
How do people not know about last pick draft cards?

• Locked thread