Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

I mean, it's kind of smart in a way. AoE junglers have been incredibly strong for like 2 years and junglers with no AoE harder to clear with. Graves, Nidalee, Skarner, Kayle, Kindred, Zac etc. are all top-tier for a while and this just lets other junglers be a little more viable.

I mean, plants dont really change that, especially when most of those junglers will have an outright advantage in exploiting them. I guess it means slower junglers can get more health after clears, but jungling is already pretty safe for most heroes

In other news, apparently there are still players who get triggered when you call champions heroes; I assume that it's just bad players looking for anything to feel superior about, but it's more amusing to believe there are players who still feel threatened by dota2 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Mustache vi

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
These plant changes seem dumb. But if they do all that and then Zyra can't jungle they'll have failed.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
These plants sound like a Heroes of the Storm map mechanic.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Neurolimal posted:

In other news, apparently there are still players who get triggered when you call champions heroes; I assume that it's just bad players looking for anything to feel superior about, but it's more amusing to believe there are players who still feel threatened by dota2 :v:

I remember dota goons going full retard I said champion instead so it goes both ways

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Hooray I did it. Placed into Silver 4 this season (Gold 5 at end of last season).

goongrats fellow diamond V achiever :hfive:

what server are you in, I don't recognize the summoner name (Diamond V in NA here)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I remember dota goons going full retard I said champion instead so it goes both ways

this is still a solid play in any dota pub

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i dont mind if people say hero instead of champion but i get PISSED if anyone says 'money' instead of gold

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Anyone else ever have that embarrassing moment where you accidentally call your adc mom

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

I mean, it's kind of smart in a way. AoE junglers have been incredibly strong for like 2 years and junglers with no AoE harder to clear with. Graves, Nidalee, Skarner, Kayle, Kindred, Zac etc. are all top-tier for a while and this just lets other junglers be a little more viable.

They already tried moving more HP to the big camps and it screwed a bunch of jungler that cleared based on good AoE. Mundo got banished from the jungle forever, for example. They ended up doing a rebalance to offset it so clearly they didn't want to stop AoE junglers being good.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

Anyone else ever have that embarrassing moment where you accidentally call your adc mom

no

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Haha yeah... me neither

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I would never make that mistake, because the ADC is the big, stupid baby that you, the strong, matronly support have to tend to.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If they made camps just a single enemy that had all the exp, then nunu would hit 60% winrate and end games at level 18 while the opponent is level 5.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

How Rude posted:

goongrats fellow diamond V achiever :hfive:

what server are you in, I don't recognize the summoner name (Diamond V in NA here)

I'm on NA as well. :hfive:

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If they made camps just a single enemy that had all the exp, then nunu would hit 60% winrate and end games at level 18 while the opponent is level 5.

So are you for or against this?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This too, Nunu was insufferable when a buff monster gave you an entire level. They had to move a ton of xp to the little monsters because of it.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Vermain posted:

Wondering if they're going to walk this back during Preseason or not. The response appears to be overwhelmingly negative.

So it's just like every other pre-season.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
man you ever have a game that's just clownshoes as fuuuuuuuck and you have no idea how you win it

playing a vs AI game now that i've kinda figured out how garen works. ryze disconnects like as soon as the game starts, so its 4v5 in the comp's favor for the first five or ten minutes. then someone decides to jungle while the AI goes 2/1/2 so you have two lanes that are just boned. then ryze comes back but at this point everyone is just flailing and has no idea what the gently caress they're doing and swapping lanes nonstop and feeding like gently caress, to the point that i almost just quit and ate a temp ban.

this game is stupid.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait until the 1 monster per camp change comes through and nunu goes to god tier

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Kashuno posted:

I can't wait until the 1 monster per camp change comes through and nunu goes to god tier
"goes to"?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this is one of those things where riot buffs a champion (nunu) because hes bad in the current metagame while they have plans to change up the entire metagame in the next few patches and coincidentally the champion they buffed will be a major benefactor of the changes.

it has to be intentional right? they can't keep making the same mistake and not realizing it right?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bholder posted:

So it's just like every other pre-season.

and just like every other preseason riot makes a dumb loving change and then rolls it back not long after people tell them the change is loving dumb

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

"goes to"?

75% winrate incoming

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

man you ever have a game that's just clownshoes as fuuuuuuuck and you have no idea how you win it

playing a vs AI game now that i've kinda figured out how garen works. ryze disconnects like as soon as the game starts, so its 4v5 in the comp's favor for the first five or ten minutes. then someone decides to jungle while the AI goes 2/1/2 so you have two lanes that are just boned. then ryze comes back but at this point everyone is just flailing and has no idea what the gently caress they're doing and swapping lanes nonstop and feeding like gently caress, to the point that i almost just quit and ate a temp ban.

this game is stupid.
Play Xin Zhao and speed run the bots

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RealFoxy posted:

Play Xin Zhao and speed run the bots

i dont have xin zhao

yet

fake edit GUESS WHO I HAVE ENOUGH IP TO BUY

ALSO NUNU

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 14, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i dont have xin zhao

yet

ALSO NUNU
Bots are laughably easy to beat with Xin, especially if you can figure out their patterns and just bait them into doing really stupid things. If bots start to group up there's a 100% chance they'll dump all their ultimates on you at once so let other people die then get that sweet penta.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Radical posted:

this is one of those things where riot buffs a champion (nunu) because hes bad in the current metagame while they have plans to change up the entire metagame in the next few patches and coincidentally the champion they buffed will be a major benefactor of the changes.

it has to be intentional right? they can't keep making the same mistake and not realizing it right?

Well if they follow the pattern from previous seasons Nunu will be overtaken by Warwick when they introduce a new on hit item that they didn't think to test in him because he's not supposed to build it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i dont have xin zhao

yet

ALSO NUNU

Hot bot tips:
1) bots used to ward bushes but they took that out for some reason, so now bots intentionally face check any bush they see an enemy walk into. Use this to negate range advantages, hit skillshots, etc.
2) Bots are relatively cowardly by nature and are very poor at kiting. If a bot is running, it probably won't hurt you, and if you get a bot low it will probably run even if it can't escape and could kill you.
3) Bots are hardcore stupid about chasing into creeps and will happily knock off 80% of their HP chasing someone who's low past waves.
4) Bots flee towards fountain basically always. If you "scare" a bot that's at its outer tower and you're between the outer and inner towers, it will walk right into you trying to escape.

Abuse these to get fed and then just right click to victory. Also, extra side note: bots try to rotate to a lane if a tower falls so it's really easy to distract them by splitpushing if your team is feeding hardcore and they're at the inhibs or something.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Also unless its been hotfixed, ever since his latest rework Ryze Bot periodically gets aneuryisms and becomes suicidal

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

every on hit item is always good on the same few champions and utter garbage on whoever they think will build it so the fact that keeps happening is also very strange to me

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Easiest champ to beat bots with in my experience is Talon, since he's mostly aoe damage so you can one-shot small groups of AI

But if you're at the point where a 1v1 against a bot gives you trouble then pick a marksman and practice your auto trading. You can just walk up to bots and auto them at level one

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Taciturn Tactician posted:

They already tried moving more HP to the big camps and it screwed a bunch of jungler that cleared based on good AoE. Mundo got banished from the jungle forever, for example. They ended up doing a rebalance to offset it so clearly they didn't want to stop AoE junglers being good.

Mundo ain't bad though :v:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also if you can't 1v2 a lane versus bots... well... just don't be on my team, okay?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

also if you can't 1v2 a lane versus bots... well... just don't be on my team, okay?

We all start somewhere. Not everyone has played their leveling games yet, let alone 2000 ranked games

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Crazy Larry posted:

Well if they follow the pattern from previous seasons Nunu will be overtaken by Warwick when they introduce a new on hit item that they didn't think to test in him because he's not supposed to build it.

It's funny, I think the vast majority of onhit item nerfs have stemmed from "we didnt expect our tanky fast aspd boosting hero with an ult that applies onhits five times would build it"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RealFoxy posted:

Bots are laughably easy to beat with Xin, especially if you can figure out their patterns and just bait them into doing really stupid things. If bots start to group up there's a 100% chance they'll dump all their ultimates on you at once so let other people die then get that sweet penta.

IM SORRY I WAS BUSY TRYING OUT NUNU DOIN A CUSTOM GAME JUST TO SEE HOW HIS poo poo WORKS AND GUESS WHAT

NUNU OWNS

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
OM NOM NOM MUNCHIN ON MOTHERFUCKERS EATING THEIR FACES AND poo poo AND GETTIN HEALTH FOR IT

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Hey you're new to the thread so this is really important:

It's Willump that does the eating. Nunu is the child and he does not do poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

doesnt he throw the snowballs

• Locked thread