Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sure, they haven't got cyberware, but Dubai is basically a cyberpunk hellhole already for the poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mors Rattus posted:

Sure, they haven't got cyberware, but Dubai is basically a cyberpunk hellhole already for the poor.

Dubai but as more of a crazy Ghost in the Shell Arcology is basically the setting for the game as is, so this is perfect.

E: The game is basically Sleeping Dogs+Ghost in the Shell in Dubai as a hive city. With wizards.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 14, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Hello! I have a burning desire for more fantasy NPCs. Specifically, people who aren't beautiful.
Gender, species, class, it matters not, all are welcome! All that I crave is that they look like actual fantasy people and not fantasy wish-fulfillments.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Normal-ish people" is a pretty big ol' category. Like...

Real big.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

I'm looking for SF regular peoples. Merchants, spacers, engineers, the whole nine. The more 70s/Traveller the better.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Night10194 posted:

Dubai but as more of a crazy Ghost in the Shell Arcology is basically the setting for the game as is, so this is perfect.

E: The game is basically Sleeping Dogs+Ghost in the Shell in Dubai as a hive city. With wizards.

Basically all the Marîd Audran/When Gravity Fails/Budayeen cover art is theoretically about literally this and is probably a good place to start for searches, anyway:

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

I want to play this character now. A badass veteran adventurer who doesn't take any of the younger party members' nonsense.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

The Crotch posted:

Awesome stuff.

Wow! Thanks, just what I was looking for!

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Hypnobeard posted:

I'm looking for SF regular peoples. Merchants, spacers, engineers, the whole nine. The more 70s/Traveller the better.

Try this guy's gallery

http://brenze.deviantart.com/art/outta-space-dude-147184429?q=Jeff9650%2F64595407&qo=12

Plus a few extras

Afriscipio fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 26, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

LucyWanabe posted:

I want to play this character now. A badass veteran adventurer who doesn't take any of the younger party members' nonsense.

Helen Mirren in chainmail! :perfect:

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Thanks!

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Hypnobeard posted:

Tug O' Doomer might have what you are looking for

There are a couple more in this album

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

If this isn't Traveller.jpg, I don't know what is.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

LucyWanabe posted:

If you haven't already, you should ready City of Stairs and City of Blades. The latter in particular has an excellent badass female veteran protagonist and is really, really good.

As for the question at hand, the vast majority of the Battle for Wesnoth's portraits https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/core/images/portraits fit the description. Of particular note:

We did our best throught to avoid the 'young beautiful and skimpy' cliche and be at least semi-realistic, at least for the humans. The merfolk are less good, but at least it's equal-opportunity there.

Have a look through the rest of that file and also the various image sections in here https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/campaigns - some of them are less good on the avoiding fantasy cliches scale, but most of them are solid.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Does anyone have any fish people? Specifically monstrous looking ones and more specifically leader looking ones.

I've been looking for a clear image of this thing for a while now:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Thinking of resurrecting the heavy metal space fantasy silliness of my childhood. I need some SPELLJAMMIN art to inspire my players (and me!). Or anything that would fit that sort of genre.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
I don't believe I've shared this here. A while back I started playing in a fifth edition D&D game with some friends via roll20 and Skype, and my best friend was part of the group. Our characters found themselves in conflict pretty early on, which was an interesting experience for us - we've literally never been on opposite sides of an argument before. Through some redemptive action on the part of my character, our characters found themselves back on the same side of things, and a lot of that redemptive action was part of a fight where my character (a Dragonborn Paladin named Khalesh) attempted to sacrifice himself to save the other two characters in the fight (his Druid, Mequo, and a Gnome Bard named Teeb Edy, because the player couldn't decide on a name and said his name was To Be Decided - TBD). This is a representation of that fight - I believe we were fighting gnolls, or some other scrappy creatures, while hunting for the Spell Forge.

Click for big. The companion piece is being made now, with his Druid front and center.

wyntyr fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 26, 2016

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Thinking of resurrecting the heavy metal space fantasy silliness of my childhood. I need some SPELLJAMMIN art to inspire my players (and me!). Or anything that would fit that sort of genre.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I need art of greys, but not as just like members of the species--more like individuals. This has been a huge pain in the rear end to find.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Sluggy Freelance has some greys as (minor, long gone) characters. It's all in black and white and they're goofy little pirates, but it might help.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Elvis from Perfect Dark might count.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Redeye Flight posted:

I need art of greys, but not as just like members of the species--more like individuals. This has been a huge pain in the rear end to find.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Does anyone have any fish people? Specifically monstrous looking ones and more specifically leader looking ones.

NSFW:

Sionak fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 30, 2016

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Redeye Flight posted:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Redeye Flight posted:

From Rifts: Lone Star

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Well, this just set me to planning a new campaign. No idea what ruleset to use yet, but yeah

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Hello new wallpaper.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Anybody have any female jungle warrior type pictures? Mesoamerican or Pacific Island inspirations especially. Been trying to find stuff on my own but it's difficult to find stuff that isn't just "authentic naked indigenous folks", "plain every day indigenous clothing", or "cheesecake male gaze art".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Redeye Flight posted:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

"Sup"

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

-Fish- posted:

Anybody have any female jungle warrior type pictures? Mesoamerican or Pacific Island inspirations especially. Been trying to find stuff on my own but it's difficult to find stuff that isn't just "authentic naked indigenous folks", "plain every day indigenous clothing", or "cheesecake male gaze art".

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

-Fish- posted:

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 4, 2016

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Variations on Samus are always fun:

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Bendigeidfran posted:

Variations on Samus are always fun:

This is indeed the case, thanks for the character idea

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh...that's mostly the cast of the cartoon, but who the hell is the knight in the front?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Your cousin Larry's twinked out snowflake that he tries to bring to your level 3 game.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
This thread makes me want to play d&d so loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

At a guess it's someone they made up for the cover art. Possibly they appeared in like one episode or something? Likely they didn't want to include the barbarian character and instead brought along a knight to 'joust' on the trike.