Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like bread and butter.
I like toast and jam.

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Now that's a page snipe.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Goober Peas posted:

I like bread and butter.
I like toast and jam.

:haw:

That was the theme song to some US show about a mom and her (talking?) baby. What the gently caress was that show? I remember it being on when I was about 8.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ9ejaid6Uw

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06hB4oep4XY

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Well yeah, but that doesn't answer 88's question.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That was the theme song to some US show about a mom and her (talking?) baby. What the gently caress was that show? I remember it being on when I was about 8.
Well, that doesn't date it, unless people know how old you are!

Could it be Baby Bob?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah this is the one. Even as a kid I realised it was a bit poo poo.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Hasn't smoked on startup since the first one with a bunch of oil still in the cylinders, no oil scent and the check engine light from trying to do the compression check went away. Now the starter is poo-pooing on me again, but who gives a gently caress, the motor isn't junk! :toot:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Its World Time Attack Challenge weekend!

http://live.worldtimeattack.com/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So uh, I made another bullshit political post, this time about the #PodestaEmails6 thing trending on Twitter and uh, the post has been deleted.

So I'm on a watch list now aren't I?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Scarier is top trending on FB for me is hashtag "repealthe19th" :catstare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Yeah, that's been popping up whenever I checked FB on my laptop today.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Laserface posted:

And then next three sessions are open, pro-am, and then pro to end the day so go watch it. Really want to see Under pull it off, but that porsche is going to be fast.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Oh, good, more reasons for me to wish asteroid extinction upon the planet.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I worked with a guy once who is a vegetarian and did a lot of business in Japan in the 80s. He has a story about visiting a bank and the CEO came down and interrupted their meeting so he "could see what a vegetarian looked like."

I can entirely believe that story. There's actually still a lot of people like that especially out in the sticks. When I used to live in a tiny town up north where I was the only foreign person in town, I got so many free dinners and drinks from crazy old coots who found a great novelty in socializing with a foreigner.

Pham Nuwen posted:

My vegetarian friend says you have to ask for "Buddhist food" but yeah at the end of the day you'll probably be kind of screwed in general.

Dashi is so drat good though...
That's actually a pretty good idea, I hadn't though of that before. I was too busy thinking about meat.

My ex-girlfriends mother used to make a pretty good dashi omelet before she went off the deep end and started writing the Japanese equivalent of timecube.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
http://www.capegazette.com/article/neighbors-sue-stop-auto-repairs-harbeson-home/114001

Insufferable curtain-twitchers suing awesome disabled dude because he has a massive garage to work on cars, and lets people come and use it for free. Their argument is that he's running a commercial operation and thus needs a permit, when he has applied for a permit and been denied one specifically because he is not operating commercially, and so it is unnecessary.

The GoFundMe his daughter set up for legal fees has cracked $31k so far, most of it in a single day https://www.gofundme.com/neighbors-vs-williams-milton-de-2tvbfck.

Previous court paperwork: http://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=242670

RillAkBea posted:

I can entirely believe that story. There's actually still a lot of people like that especially out in the sticks. When I used to live in a tiny town up north where I was the only foreign person in town, I got so many free dinners and drinks from crazy old coots who found a great novelty in socializing with a foreigner.
It feels odd being the only white guy for like fifty miles in some places.

My experience with the Japanese is that they are very accommodating over a medical issue with what you can and can't eat, it's just that anything like vegetarianism is a "does not compute" situation. You can eat meat... but you don't eat meat? :psyduck:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

http://www.capegazette.com/article/neighbors-sue-stop-auto-repairs-harbeson-home/114001

Insufferable curtain-twitchers suing awesome disabled dude because he has a massive garage to work on cars, and lets people come and use it for free. Their argument is that he's running a commercial operation and thus needs a permit, when he has applied for a permit and been denied one specifically because he is not operating commercially, and so it is unnecessary.

The GoFundMe his daughter set up for legal fees has cracked $31k so far, most of it in a single day https://www.gofundme.com/neighbors-vs-williams-milton-de-2tvbfck.

Previous court paperwork: http://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=242670

$10 donated, because seriously gently caress those people. I'm a board member in the (not batshit insane) HOA where I live, and we have a couple of these types of people living in our building.

One guy seriously has some kind of vendetta against the people in the apartment above his. He complains that their footfalls are very heavy in the morning when they get up, and that the floors creak. He has a whole website set up with recorded audio of this supposed "invasion of his right to quiet living" and he wants us to do something about it.

By his own admission, he doesn't want to try and talk it out with them, he just wants us to stop them walking around on their own floors :psyduck:

The worst part is that he's just completely teflon-coated when it comes to reasonable arguments and attempts to find a neighborly solution. It drives me crazy.

He also likes to feed the pigeons in the courtyard, even though he's been told repeatedly that it attracts rats and other pests. It's like he's living inside his own little reality bubble where he gets to set all the rules.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Laserface posted:

I prefer the other event happening at the end of next month

http://www.rallyaustralia.com.au/

KB is upgrading the PWRC to it's final spec, I'm getting the support and recce cars going and..... I aint gonna sleep for a week. All AI goons welcome at our service site. Or join the team. Or buy poo poo so we have some money to do things like eat and pay fines

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I finished reading the second book in that long earth series or whatever and holy poo poo it was bad

How can you people read this stuff seriously

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

fridge corn posted:

I finished reading the second book in that long earth series or whatever and holy poo poo it was bad

I feel this way about your posts. :thumbsup:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Just kidding your posts are more like comic books and I look forward to reading the next cliffhanger every few weeks

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

RillAkBea posted:

before she went off the deep end and started writing the Japanese equivalent of timecube.
I want to hear more about this.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

Just kidding your posts are more like comic books and I look forward to reading the next cliffhanger every few weeks

Lol nice one

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I want to hear more about this.

She just started spending every waking hour typing out pages and pages of ramblings for her various blogs about how China was trying to replace her with an impostor and how group stalkers were tracking her every move etc. I recently looked her up to see if she was still at it and yup, still as active as ever it seems. I'd post a link but her strategy to combat the Chinese impostors is to heavily doxx herself throughout, that and it's all in Japanese. The really impressive part is she didn't have a computer, she typed it all out on her old cell phone while hardcore chain smoking. Don't worry about her lungs though, she's "immortal" :downs:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

RillAkBea posted:

She just started spending every waking hour typing out pages and pages of ramblings for her various blogs about how China was trying to replace her with an impostor and how group stalkers were tracking her every move etc. I recently looked her up to see if she was still at it and yup, still as active as ever it seems. I'd post a link but her strategy to combat the Chinese impostors is to heavily doxx herself throughout, that and it's all in Japanese. The really impressive part is she didn't have a computer, she typed it all out on her old cell phone while hardcore chain smoking. Don't worry about her lungs though, she's "immortal" :downs:

Good to hear that the quality of Japanese mental health medicine is about where I left it. She must have a loving incredible opinion on Duterte and the whole SCS debacle.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

fridge corn posted:

Different tastes, different lives, different perspectives.
Some of us enjoy different things.
Subjectivity does not follow objectivity, so albeit a book may be "Better" via technical merits, I might not enjoy it because it doesn't speak to me.
Or I just like trashy poo poo after spending all day using my brain for work.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Siochain posted:

Different tastes, different lives, different perspectives.
Some of us enjoy different things.
Subjectivity does not follow objectivity, so albeit a book may be "Better" via technical merits, I might not enjoy it because it doesn't speak to me.
Or I just like trashy poo poo after spending all day using my brain for work.

Yeah but this is a book where the author(s) attempt to discribe a blue sky "as pure as a special effect in a computer game" like wtf does that even mean?? Characters so stereotypical theyre surely embarrassed of themselves. I'm literally blind now because my eyes have rolled right out of my head.

There are books out there that are good and also don't require you to use your brain.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Jesus Christ these fuckers piss me off, particularly the bitch claiming that there was no decision made and building codes not being followed after repeatedly being told that there was no code violation and the decision was that nothing illegal was happening.
Oh my God - their major complaint is that "auto repair is occurring" and "uuuuuuuurrrrrgh! Laws are broken"! Outrage! These loving idiots have spent $40K because they can't just loving let poo poo be, and just have to stir it up.
Holy poo poo I hate it when fucktards have money.

$$ donated.
Someone must have donated big, because it's up to $38K, but only about 2100 donators.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I dunno, I feel for the two women. Garages can be noisy and he probably has a lot of guests over to help him. That can get raucous quickly.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

fridge corn posted:

Yeah but this is a book where the author(s) attempt to discribe a blue sky "as pure as a special effect in a computer game" like wtf does that even mean?? Characters so stereotypical theyre surely embarrassed of themselves. I'm literally blind now because my eyes have rolled right out of my head.

There are books out there that are good and also don't require you to use your brain.

<shrugs>
different strokes for different folks
I'm not sure why I'm feeding the troll, but, its one of those Friday's.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Siochain posted:

<shrugs>
different strokes for different folks
I'm not sure why I'm feeding the troll, but, its one of those Friday's.

Have you tried reading any of the books ive recommended?? None of them are particularly long or difficult to read.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
They're incredibly good books and I'm not sure why people argue about them when they don't take the time nor effort to read them.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else amused by the literary arugement between a guy who doesn't use apostrophes in the correct way and a guy who uses multiple question marks?

Siochain
May 24, 2005

scuz posted:

Is anyone else amused by the literary arugement between a guy who doesn't use apostrophes in the correct way and a guy who uses multiple question marks?

I would effort post but internet. I save my grammatical acumen for technical documents at work and anti-Trump rhetoric on the finest of message boards.
I acknowledge and embrace my lack of proper punctuation. I was able to write well at one point in time, but that was ages ago, and I have devolved.

And to acknowledge corn - no, I have not read any of the books - new job, fixing house, life is busy. If I'm going to read a "good" book, I like to have the time to digest and process it, not just power through it. What little free time I have I am using on brainless pursuits such as Luke Cage on Netflix.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Watched a guy run by me at work last night around midnight; hand clutched against his head while his blood ran down his arm. He left a crimson trail from the line all the way to the emergency medical room. Turns out he was in LOTO (lock-out tag-out) while working on a FANUC robot that was malfunctioning. As he was leaving, another maintenance tech that was on a catwalk above him accidentally dropped a hammer. If he would've been wearing a hardhat like he was supposed to, he wouldn't have had anything worse than a small headache. Now he's probably going to lose his job and have a hefty medical bill for the ambulance ride and his hospital visit.

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR drat PPE.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Devyl posted:

Now he's probably going to lose his job and have a hefty medical bill for the ambulance ride and his hospital visit.

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR drat PPE.
Yes, always wear your PPE, but losing his job and being billed for emergency (or any other) medical care should be a hint that something's pretty hosed up with your company and country.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

InitialDave posted:

Yes, always wear your PPE, but losing his job and being billed for emergency (or any other) medical care should be a hint that something's pretty hosed up with your company and country.

He'll probably lose it because of a failed drug test. The guy is an occasional cannabis user so if his test comes back positive, his job is gone. Our company has a mandatory drug test policy for anyone involved in a work-place accident.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Devyl posted:

He'll probably lose it because of a failed drug test. The guy is an occasional cannabis user so if his test comes back positive, his job is gone. Our company has a mandatory drug test policy for anyone involved in a work-place accident.

Industrial site worker here. 100% he'd be drug tested, and if he was in a mandatory PPE zone, he'd lose his job for failing to follow safety procedures. No bill for the ambulance/hospital, though.
PPE is provided, replacements are provided if you lose something, and there's zero excuse in any environment where you require it not to be wearing it. Especially helmets - brains are squishy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My wife is texting me cryptic emojis via text and I was like "are you pregnant" and then she is sending me some gif's so I don't even know what to believe. Today is our 8th anniversary from our first date. We pulled the goalie a couple months ago for the hat trick (and caboose) of kids so I don't even know what to think. Guys we might be pregnant but I have no idea.

• Locked thread