Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
His name is nunu and he dances on a man / a furry man who eats all he can / oh nunu nunu flash snowball till you're banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I pull up in that Nunu
Marinara and pasta

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Work Friend Keven posted:

His name is nunu and he dances on a man / a furry man who eats all he can / oh nunu nunu flash snowball till you're banned

wake me up

before you willump

dont leave me hangin with an ice lump

wake me up

before you willump

i dont wanna miss it when you hit that ult

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can someone give me a current Vi jungle guide? I'm trying to get back into league and everything is different. Why are the dragons different colors

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

RC Cola posted:

Can someone give me a current Vi jungle guide? I'm trying to get back into league and everything is different. Why are the dragons different colors

hunter machete > stalker blade > mobi boots > cinderhulk, then rush triforce and black cleaver

max Q first for massive alpha damage and low cooldowns for max escape and mobility, then W for armor penning in your combo, and then level E last, though it should be your third bought ability

gank like loving crazy, use the mobi boots and your q mobility to be everywhere on the map for counterganks, and when push comes to shove, get ready to be the team tank because your entire team comp is yi, yas, jhin, and some squishy as hell support mage

when you finish your first phage and your sheen, you should see your damage numbers start loving people up big time, while at the same time also being pretty tanky

when you finish trinity force they should be focusing you, and if theyre not, they will be once you finish black cleaver

once you finish black cleaver build nothing but tank items, like zzrot, banshees, dead man's plate, depends on what you need to win the game tbh

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Looks like sandbox mode is happening

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/road-pre-season-practice-tool-works

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kingcobweb posted:

Hey you're new to the thread so this is really important:

It's Willump that does the eating. Nunu is the child and he does not do poo poo

well willump owns and nunu can gently caress off in a hole and die

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

a thing i legit want to practice and have to use custom 1v1ai for is last hitting poo poo

so this owns, for me

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

well willump owns and nunu can gently caress off in a hole and die

Jesus Christ, he's only a child. Give him a chance you monster.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

you used to throw me a snowball
late night when i need willump
throw me a snowball
but i know when that yeti sing
that can only mean one thing
i know when that yeti sing
ever since i left runeterra nunu
got a reputation for himself now
useless piece of poo poo out on the war floor
willump so oppressed, he mad stressed out
cause ever since i left runeterra nunu
got a buncha nerfs and then a big buff
tons of health, he mad super tough
hangin with some junglers, lookin rough

you used to throw me a snowball
throw me a snowball
but i know when that yeti sing
i know when that yeti sing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am glad Riot seems threatened enough to go balls out on delivering things finally

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Who are they being threatened by?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
My guess is Blizzard and Overwatch? It's a very different market, but there was a lot of hubbub about it when it launched and the heat death of league. Not that it's happening on paper as of yet, but I'm sure the bad PR this year combined with Overwatch coming out and the headlines of Overwatch overtaking in PC bangs probably spooked some people at Riot. Fwiw I don't think there is any chance of Overwatch competing with League in terms of esports watchability.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kashuno posted:

My guess is Blizzard and Overwatch? It's a very different market, but there was a lot of hubbub about it when it launched and the heat death of league. Not that it's happening on paper as of yet, but I'm sure the bad PR this year combined with Overwatch coming out and the headlines of Overwatch overtaking in PC bangs probably spooked some people at Riot. Fwiw I don't think there is any chance of Overwatch competing with League in terms of esports watchability.

I think the massive drop in PC bangs was what really stirred them to action. I think Overwatch is a fun game, but it's decidedly not great as a spectator sport.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Overwatch has dropped off of the PC Bang market as well and League has once again become king

I gotta change my loving av, gently caress you whoever bought this poo poo for me

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRiftHerald/status/787003900658348032

Soon...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Servaetes posted:

Vainglory, the moba for tablets.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is it just me or all the support mains play normals instead of ranked?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I'm working on climbing up to plat before the season ends, but soloqueue ranked is a bit of a gamble for the support. Yesterday I demoted because my draven decided to AFK after I accidentally got two kills during a tower dive.

It doesn't feel better per se when that poo poo happens in normals, but at least I don't lose LP for it.

edit: by this, I'm trying to say that if I'm queuing up for ranked, I try pretty hard to have an ADC that I'm duoing with. Even if we're not in voice, having the guarantee that my ADC has more emotional resiliency than a two year old is a nice security blanket.

Coca Koala fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 14, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
*fergie voice* willump, willump willump willump

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Rare ranked support main checking in.

Coca Koala posted:

I'm working on climbing up to plat before the season ends, but soloqueue ranked is a bit of a gamble for the support. Yesterday I demoted because my draven decided to AFK after I accidentally got two kills during a tower dive.

It doesn't feel better per se when that poo poo happens in normals, but at least I don't lose LP for it.

That poo poo happens much less once you're past gold. Of course, there is a whole new level of toxic behavior in plat+, but ADCs won't usually rage if you KS (Kill Secure, never forget it) anymore.

Walfry
Sep 6, 2007

It left off Ao Shin...

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Devil Teemo skin

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

We still don't have Pizza Delivery Sivir or Beekeeper Singed.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
ahri comes out of computer and marries me,

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Vainglory, the moba for tablets.

Vainglory has a hero that can be built to straight up be One Punch Man in all but name and appearance (tho he is yellow), so its pretty top tier as far as toilet games go imo

said dude is supposed to be a slow dude who gets slower but attacks faster with each attack, but his disengage purges that, gives him a speed boost, and a 2.0 AP nuke melee attack

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

ahri comes out of computer and marries me,

Same, except Miss Fortune

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Same, except Miss Fortune

Same, except Teemo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ahri coming out of miss fortune coming out of teemo to marry you? oy vey now i've seen everything.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i love league of legends

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

rabidsquid posted:

i love league of legends

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

i love league of legends

I love league

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
i love lamp

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quest for the jacket trip report: There are dozens of new teams being made with names like "I want that jacket", "Twisted Jacketline", "Challenjackets" being made by Diamond solo queue players. Since new teams tend to fall anywhere between Silver and Plat I imagine this is a very bad time for actual silver-plat players to play.

Also, I finally won a match.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

I...I honestly don't know. Overwatch challenged them for a time, sure, but that time has come and passed. The only contender I could see challenging them for a short time soon is going to be Battlerite but that game (as much as I love it) is going to be fairly low profile for a long time so I'm not sure what's bringing about this change. Maybe they want even more players so they want their existing playerbase to be out going "League is great! And the devs are listening to us!", maybe they're going to get real aggressive in marketing the game real soon for some reason and there is a bunch of legacy issues that they're tackling. Or maybe they can finally stop hiding behind bad excuses for not implementing features with the new client (since it seems most of these features are only shippable WITH the new client) so they want to start drumming up anticipation for them right now. I don't know what the reasoning is, but a Riot that actually gets poo poo done is a Riot I can appreciate.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It doesn't need to be any one League Killer that has them worried, rather a dozen successful games utilizing moba xoncepts mashed with more entertaining gameplay; similar to late PS2-PS3, where traditional western RPG's became niche as every other genre started adopting RPG elements.

A similar threat has started worrying Games Workshop in the miniatures market; no one game has dethroned them, but they've been assholes for so long and so many cheaper games & cheaper quality paint lines have sprung up that their new CEO is putting in the ol' college try to stop being assholes to their customers.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Neurolimal posted:

Vainglory has a hero that can be built to straight up be One Punch Man in all but name and appearance (tho he is yellow), so its pretty top tier as far as toilet games go imo

said dude is supposed to be a slow dude who gets slower but attacks faster with each attack, but his disengage purges that, gives him a speed boost, and a 2.0 AP nuke melee attack

You sound like you're almost... in favor of anime in some way... how can this be, since we all know anime is objectively terrible? :raise:

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe there was one reasonable person on the dev team who thought "Hey, if these plant things crash and burn, let's just add something the players actually want."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Luna Was Here posted:

I...I honestly don't know.

I still remember those quaint days of people siting cartoons of a pathetic League, quivering and shaking by the side of the road, hiding behind its pathetic prize pools. Meanwhile DotA 2 triumphantly strutted down the thoroughfare, a woman under each burly arm and swinging around its million dollar wad. Step aside little man! The big boy's back in town!

*sighs whistfully* :allears:

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 15, 2016

• Locked thread