Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hello friends I got Eiko's BSB and it's insanely loving good thanks for reading and God bless

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
All I got was a trident and a kuja gloves so far...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah I haven't had a single roulette land on me yet, was starting to wonder if if was broken.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Snazzy Frocks posted:

After chain blizzaga and now chain firaga I am hurting very badly for non elemental orbs

Luckily I have not honed Chain Blizzaga.

Mostly because I don't have an En-Ice SB. On the other hand, I do have an En-Fire SB and Imperil Fire SB. So I'm totally going with Chain Firaga.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beasteh posted:

Hello friends I got Eiko's BSB and it's is insanely loving good thanks for reading and God bless

I'm tempted to chase it now, but in the interest of maximizing my chances at getting OK's BSB I'm putting it off until global OSB Fest (if it's still there and on a good banner) or Zidane OSB 2 in January. Three months would be a long time to wait if it doesn't make it onto the global festival banners, but that's also the next time IX synergy will matter after this week.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Ok, I think this is going to be my new plan for FF7 U++ since I got some new toys

Celes: Drain Strike, Curaga, Maria's Song, Mog's, Holy++ (Hope Burst user)
Selphie: Faith, Curaga, Dreamstage, some rm
Tyro: res- dance, mag- dance, Keeper's or SG depending on whichever attack I find more troublesome damagewise, some rm
Terra: Chain Firaga, Wrath, Blood of Espers, Attunement 2, Fire+
Garnet: Protectga, Curaga, Divine Guardian, Mog's

Wrath r1 and Chain Firaga r1 should be just enough for Terra to burst even if she doesn't get hit, which together should provide more than the last 60-80k I need to finish things.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
18 hours later I'm still mad about my Excalibur IX/Trident/Trident pull. I honestly wish I could've blanked. At least that way the disappointment would've been over with when I saw the orbs. Not going to pull again, though, I can't handle the thought of getting one more of these useless loving stat sticks. I'll chase Hamelin elsewhere.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Actually hold up. Can you get more than 5 attacks out of a magic BSB if you have instant cast 3 in there somewhere?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

Actually hold up. Can you get more than 5 attacks out of a magic BSB if you have instant cast 3 in there somewhere?

Should work, yeah.

Also give Celes Drain or Drainga instead of drain strike. (Not that it matters you'll never cast it.)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

18 hours later I'm still mad about my Excalibur IX/Trident/Trident pull. I honestly wish I could've blanked. At least that way the disappointment would've been over with when I saw the orbs. Not going to pull again, though, I can't handle the thought of getting one more of these useless loving stat sticks. I'll chase Hamelin elsewhere.

Stat sticks by definition are not useless! Do I really need to go host the screenshot of my first G5 pull? Hell, I had so many 0/11 pulls in the 3 months before it started that I stopped saving pictures of them. Excalibur IX boosts holy and 5* spears are hard to come by for characters that need them! Not every pull can be three OSBs, Jesus Christ.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Maybe I should pop in Braska instead of Garnet then, since he'll still provide major regen and can cast curaga and protectga.

E: I'd have to master his SSB to give the robe back to Celes though. I'll try it with Garnet first and if it goes poorly then I'll mess with Braska.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Just noticed I actually have enough orbs sitting around to hone Saint Cross from R3 to R4.

I won't do it since I want to save the orbs for future use (i.e. getting Gaia Cross to R2 when it comes out), but it's kind of notable that I actually have the option of doing so.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Stat sticks by definition are not useless! Do I really need to go host the screenshot of my first G5 pull? Hell, I had so many 0/11 pulls in the 3 months before it started that I stopped saving pictures of them. Excalibur IX boosts holy and 5* spears are hard to come by for characters that need them! Not every pull can be three OSBs, Jesus Christ.

You're right, of course, but clearly you can tell I'm venting, right? Fact is I felt worse about that pull than any blank I've had. That's just how it is.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah I haven't had a single roulette land on me yet, was starting to wonder if if was broken.

Yeah I haven't had a single roulette miss me yet, was starting to wonder if it was broken.

I mean, I don't actually care, since once I realized the zombies could one-shot me, I started using disproportionate force :black101: but.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

SageAcrin posted:

Yeah I haven't had a single roulette miss me yet, was starting to wonder if it was broken.

I mean, I don't actually care, since once I realized the zombies could one-shot me, I started using disproportionate force :black101: but.

Hah, feeling pretty lucky then. It wouldn't have really been a huge deal except for one of the elite dungeons where I fought 2 of them in the round right before a boss stage, and they both used Roulette right away. I pretty much never bring a revive skill with me, which might be dumb, but having half your team get instagibbed right before a boss would be pretty brutal.

edit: Meltigemini was way easier than I expected, even with a 60-ish level team and almost no synergy. Still slowly grinding toward Full Break, so I guess Chain Firaga is officially my first 5-star skill :toot: Dunno how often I'll use it since this game keeps making GBS threads physical relics on me even though I kinda want to run a mage team, but it will come in handy once in a while for sure.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 14, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I auto-battled through the event and don't think I saw roulette used even once. :shrug:

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

You're right, of course, but clearly you can tell I'm venting, right? Fact is I felt worse about that pull than any blank I've had. That's just how it is.

I'll trade you one of my 1/11 pulls of Excalibur IX for your pull! If I keep getting 1/11 pulls I'm gonna flip my poo poo. I spent so many months saving up mythril for the improved draw rates, only to end up hovering around the absolute minimum possible draw rate after multiple pulls.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, I had 19 million gil before reforging came out and now I'm down to 1.5 million. Time to hit up Gil dungeons and material dungeons lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Schwartzcough posted:

I auto-battled through the event and don't think I saw roulette used even once. :shrug:

I'll trade you one of my 1/11 pulls of Excalibur IX for your pull! If I keep getting 1/11 pulls I'm gonna flip my poo poo. I spent so many months saving up mythril for the improved draw rates, only to end up hovering around the absolute minimum possible draw rate after multiple pulls.

The game has seen through your plan and adjusted accordingly

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've made 4 pulls under G5 so far, and all 4 have given me exactly 2 relics (and no dupes, either). Which is fine by me.

Edit: 3/4 of those pulls gave me a +element relic (fire, lightning and water). The one that didn't give me a +element relic gave me an enstone relic instead.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 14, 2016

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

the Orb of Zot posted:

Just noticed I actually have enough orbs sitting around to hone Saint Cross from R3 to R4.

I won't do it since I want to save the orbs for future use (i.e. getting Gaia Cross to R2 when it comes out), but it's kind of notable that I actually have the option of doing so.

YOLO

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

I'm 10 MSOs away. :sigh:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm now saving up for Onion Knight 1. After looking over the banner there's been several things there that would greatly appeal to me, including a +Wind Spear that a certain Snowspell Strike spammer would use well, a +holy Robe that several folks could use that also gives residual stats, a good smattering of decent soul breaks and weapons, it all just seems useful. I might not have gotten Hamelin, but I can still power myself up a bit more.

Just six weeks to go...

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Just had Blood of Espers proc on a cast of Meltdown. It was a good feeling. :getin:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
My mythril plan is Lucky Draws, Onion 1 and :frogsiren: OSBFEST WHATEVER THE HELL YEAR IT LANDS :frogsiren: unless they really change that for the worse when it hits Global(doubt it).

(Incidentally Hamelin there, at least in JP, was on a banner with Vaan's kinda ehn because it's non-elemental OSB[So, you know, it just does like, 13x damage if you hit an enemy with Full Break before using it and can't be improved much more than that. That's all.], Agrias' Beatrix-BSB-like Burst, and Maria's surprisingly solid outside of the ehn element En-Earth Burst. The non-Burst/OSB stuff was Time Crush, Protector's Roar and Seiken Shock. Pretty great.)

Oh and probably refreshes for the next Orbfest. Past that, no real plans.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Lucky draws, 100 gems, OK BSB in 6 weeks, maybe 1 or 2 pulls on promising fest banners, then I am spurting my hot mythril load all over Alphinaud banner 1.

That is without a doubt the most godly banner I've seen.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Upgraded my RW from Delita +crit to Eiko +crit: QKq6

Currently set for FF9 synergy. Will have her up to 80 on Sunday.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, 2/11 for a Wizard Rod and an Off-Banner Crystal Mail. I'd be more mad but I have Garnet's BSB so more utility for her isn't bad at all and the Crystal Mail has a shared Draw Fire so I can now do Drawtilate on any Samurai that can wear heavy armor.

They're not Hamlin or the Golden Hairpin, but I think that's acceptable.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Reminder that unless you hate XIV a lot, Minfilia 1 is an utterly insane banner and the four before it are pretty eh (Angeal is alright but has a lot of repeats from the banner we just had, and Dorgann has some hits and misses) so after OK make sure you save up enough to at least do a pull on it. The booby prizes are loving wall and proshellga+major regen, and the big prizes are some of the most crazy-go-nuts BSBs in the game.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Reminder that unless you hate XIV a lot, Minfilia 1 is an utterly insane banner and the four before it are pretty eh (Angeal is alright but has a lot of repeats from the banner we just had, and Dorgann has some hits and misses) so after OK make sure you save up enough to at least do a pull on it. The booby prizes are loving wall and proshellga+major regen, and the big prizes are some of the most crazy-go-nuts BSBs in the game.

I for one plan on going in really hard on that when it comes around. I want like all those BSB. Even Yda's. I saw some video of it being used against probably U++ Garuda and I lost it when the Greased Lightning icon came up.

Of course I can't remember whether that's even on Minfilia 1 or 2.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I have Papalymo's SSB and Balthier's SSB, so I guess I have to hone Chain Firaga as well as Chain Blizzaga.

My poor Major Black Orbs :cry:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

AweStriker posted:

I for one plan on going in really hard on that when it comes around. I want like all those BSB. Even Yda's. I saw some video of it being used against probably U++ Garuda and I lost it when the Greased Lightning icon came up.

Of course I can't remember whether that's even on Minfilia 1 or 2.
It's on 2, the not-as-good banner. :( I'm saving 150 mythril for it, so if I happen to get good things for both Minfilia and Alphinaud I might throw the last 50 at banner 2 for a chance at Papalymo or Yda BSBs.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

ETB posted:

I'm 10 MSOs away. :sigh:

Don't worry, after that going from R4 to R5 requires another 100 MSOs. And 60 MDOs and 60 MNOs.

So a rough estimate would be at the 3rd anniversary of the game's release.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

UHD posted:

I have Papalymo's SSB and Balthier's SSB, so I guess I have to hone Chain Firaga as well as Chain Blizzaga.

My poor Major Black Orbs :cry:

I'm having issues with MNEOs personally. I guess not every chain spell uses them, at least.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
do all the chainga's use Non Elemental Orbs?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Shoenin posted:

do all the chainga's use Non Elemental Orbs?
Nope. Chain stonega and biora both use black/earth/dark, chain thundaga uses black/lightning/wind.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh sweet

Lets get this Firechain thingy to R3 then

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Chain Firaga to R3 is a Very Safe Investment as it's the most common elemental weakness for ooooh say the next six months

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Hmm. I don't have any imperil fire or enfire, but I do like mages, so I may as well throw some orbs at it, at least to r2.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

So what should I use this Rosetta Stone on? Do I wait for a really good OSB or something, or just use it on a weapon that I use a lot? I'd hate to upgrade a weapon that ends up being obsolete soon, especially since these stones seem super rare, but I also don't want to let them collect dust in my inventory forever while I keep telling myself something better is coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

HPanda posted:

In one 11 pull, got a Hamelin, Lightbringer, and Excalibur. :getin:

Ok game, I forgive you for giving me 150 mithrils' worth of vendor trash in the FFT 2 banner.

Edit: Oh, Lightbringer is gonna be fun with Paladin Force.

Lightbringer is a holy booster weapon just like Excalibur! I augmented my excalibur tho so I'm in the same boat.

• Locked thread