Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got the totally badass black Zhalo twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

No time to explain

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Okay fuckers I have infinite pulse rifles in my vault. Rather than posting them all my question is what non-Trials non-Clever Dragon pulse rifle would be better in PvP than a smallbore/braced frame, quickdraw, counterbalance Clever Dragon? Something with HCR? I am in possession of a number of very stable pulses.

Nothing

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Okay, sweet. Follow up question why do I consistently shoot like one foot above heads when I am using this gun? Something about the sight just throws me off. Or maybe it's the RoF throwing me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is Tresspasser actually good? I've used three of them so far for infusing other guns but suddenly reddit is awash of posts telling everyone to buy it.

I get it's pretty unique, a burst fire sidearm is pretty cool. But unfortunately it's still a sidearm. I guess if you aren't using any other exotic it's as good a choice as any other sidearm.. but again, it's a goddamn sidearm.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

poor life choice posted:

Okay, sweet. Follow up question why do I consistently shoot like one foot above heads when I am using this gun? Something about the sight just throws me off. Or maybe it's the RoF throwing me.

It took me a little while to get used to Clever Dragon too. I was either shooting above people's heads or putting all the shots into their chests. I remember having a similar adjustment period with Nirwen's back when that was the new OP gun.

I think when pulse rifles are that stable you have to unlearn some muscle memory you develop using other guns where you can depend on the recoil to carry your shots from the chest to the head. Clever Dragon does seriously own bones once you do get used to it though.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wtf? If you don't have Amazon Prime you're freaking Applebees People. I get a free twitch sub every month in addition to many other benefits available to sophisticated costal state denziens

Edit: First team got raped by Cozmo lmao, it makes my dick hard to see my emblem get more and more exclusive and valuable

God I'm sure it does little guy

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

For trials, should I go with:

-Waltz with reflex, counterbalance, HCR, hand loaded
-Grasp with sureshot, counterbalance, perfect balance, third eye

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

The latter

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Whichever one you like better

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
the trick with pulse rifles is to just commit to one that's within the meta until you get the muscle memory down. Before I got my :siren: Adept :siren: Blind Perdition I bounced between the vendor hawksaw and a counterbalance/smallbore/OAS/Third-Eye grasp and it would throw off my aim for a few games every time I switched. I eventually settled on the grasp just because of the optimal TTK and feeling like I needed to pick one.

Anyway this is why counterbalance owns bones for pulses because you're really only learning the vertical recoil control and eventually you learn the exact place you need to hold your stick to reliably spam chains of headshots at max fire rate. Without CB you need to adjust the horizontal a bit depending how the pulse fires that burst.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

what are the other sights on your grasp? The grasp is an infinitely better gun but you might like an OAS/OES/ORS better if you got them

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

what are the other sights on your grasp? The grasp is an infinitely better gun but you might like an OAS/OES/ORS better if you got them

I was wrong on the scope. My selections are red dot ORES, ranged lens RLR5, truesight IS. I've been using truesight

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Doubles is the worst. So the worst.

loving grimoire score gently caress.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I hate the ORES with a passion even if it is the actual best Y1 scope in terms of pure stat bonuses.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I hate the ORES with a passion even if it is the actual best Y1 scope in terms of pure stat bonuses.

I didn't like it when I tried it. I know a lot of people swear by the MIDA sight too, but of those choices truesight seems like the best option.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The khostov actual fire modes are:
- bad fire hose
- bad pulse rifle
- bad pseudo scout rifle
- the 4th fire more nobody care about

Is like a procedural weapon that you can configure to behave like many different mediocre weapons.
This to me, make me feel uneasy, like if we have been playing Borderlands all this time and we dont noticed it.

And if Destiny need to feel like borderlands in some corners, it also need elemental primaries, they had to come back.

Many things feel right in current Destiny, but not having elementals is lame.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Actually the full auto Khvostov with braced frame + counterbalance + 900 rpm is a really good AR. Try it on shotgun rushers, it works well.

The pulse and scout perks are trash though because the damage per hit does not go up.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Did you know there are a maximum number of deployable salvage points in a game? Then it just turns into skirmish for 2 minutes?!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The ores is awesome and I might like it more than the oes

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I think someone said the FWC scout is good? How does it compare to the dead orbit scout, I got one (keystone 01) with hidden hand and explosive shot. It also has unflinching/hammer forged, it already has crazy range, unflinching seems like it would be good in pvp? I'll have to compare it to my vendor Parthian shot but it feels really good in pve, the exploding bullets own

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Trespassed loving owns, sidearms own, and if you don't like side arms you're a dumb idiot. A good side arm is like tiny mida and trespasser is like a tiny pulse rifle.

Yushiro
Apr 10, 2003

Rasheeds dream of 420 light is that much closer after today's announcement of what next weeks patch brings. "On October 18th, corresponding with the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine, your Maximum Light will be increased to 400."

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Yushiro posted:

Rasheeds dream of 420 light is that much closer after today's announcement of what next weeks patch brings. "On October 18th, corresponding with the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine, your Maximum Light will be increased to 400."

They're going to skip 420 and make he next max like 450 because they know

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Came in here a few day ago and laughed at everyone who didn't have a Thorn from y1, not realizing 2 important things: ya'll just want it for the book, and I apparently shared mine long ago and can't even buy it from the kiosk.

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

FishBulb posted:

They're going to skip 420 and make he next max like 450 because they know

FOREVER 420.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

I think someone said the FWC scout is good? How does it compare to the dead orbit scout, I got one (keystone 01) with hidden hand and explosive shot. It also has unflinching/hammer forged, it already has crazy range, unflinching seems like it would be good in pvp? I'll have to compare it to my vendor Parthian shot but it feels really good in pve, the exploding bullets own

I have one with firefly, it's a serviceable pve scout with good recoil pattern. You'll want scout reload arms though. Or a fast reload perk.

I wouldn't use the one I have in crucible though, can't really explain why but it just doesn't have very good feel. Maybe a better roll than what I have would fix that.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Well, I guess its time to start hording my daily legendary engrams.

From Bungie:
On October 18th, corresponding with the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine, your Maximum Light will be increased to 400. With this increase, many reward sources will also increase their maximum Light. Strike Hoards, Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Trials of Osiris, Crucible, and Iron Banner will now provide rewards up to 400 Light. Archon’s Forge, the Heroic SIVA Strike playlist, and Legendary Engrams will now provide rewards up to 385 Light. Rare Engrams and the SIVA Strike Playlist will now provide rewards up to 365 Light. The recommended Light for these activities will remain the same with the exception of Nightfall, which will be increased to a recommended light of 380. For those striving to reach Heroic Wrath of the Machine or even attempt their first run at Normal Wrath of the Machine, players should find more paths and options available to them to reach the recommended Light.

I will be buying a bunch of arm engrams from xur and saving them until next week.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's pretty nice, sit on those skeleton keys and edge Eris so you can obsess over getting ghosts and artifacts all over again.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

xzzy posted:

That's pretty nice, sit on those skeleton keys and edge Eris so you can obsess over getting ghosts and artifacts all over again.

It doesn't explicitly say that faction packages will be over 385. So just hoard those skeleton keys. :(

Yushiro
Apr 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Well this last bit was also included in the light level announcement as well.

"Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased."

Of course I'm sure the majority of players will continue to experience poor drop rates of ghosts and artifacts, because you know it being Bungie and all.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Or you could run Archon's Forge, those will be in the loot table now.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Last_Taste posted:

Well, I guess its time to start hording my daily legendary engrams.

From Bungie:
On October 18th, corresponding with the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine, your Maximum Light will be increased to 400. With this increase, many reward sources will also increase their maximum Light. Strike Hoards, Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Trials of Osiris, Crucible, and Iron Banner will now provide rewards up to 400 Light. Archon’s Forge, the Heroic SIVA Strike playlist, and Legendary Engrams will now provide rewards up to 385 Light. Rare Engrams and the SIVA Strike Playlist will now provide rewards up to 365 Light. The recommended Light for these activities will remain the same with the exception of Nightfall, which will be increased to a recommended light of 380. For those striving to reach Heroic Wrath of the Machine or even attempt their first run at Normal Wrath of the Machine, players should find more paths and options available to them to reach the recommended Light.

I will be buying a bunch of arm engrams from xur and saving them until next week.

Well I was gonna ask what the path forward from 365 is but I guess this answered my question in a way. Until then what should I do though? Challenge of Elders and nightfall or ?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
So I got a Hawksaw with Braced Frame, Counterbalance and Hidden Hand. This is pretty much the bet thing ever, right?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Look Around You posted:

Well I was gonna ask what the path forward from 365 is but I guess this answered my question in a way. Until then what should I do though? Challenge of Elders and nightfall or ?

Running the raid right now will drop >365 loot. As will trials, strike chests, crucible matches, nightfall, faction rankups, and exotic engrams.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yushiro posted:

Well this last bit was also included in the light level announcement as well.

"Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased."

Of course I'm sure the majority of players will continue to experience poor drop rates of ghosts and artifacts, because you know it being Bungie and all.

I'm actually not totally a fan of that because it means the already rare weapons will be even more rare. I mean, more artifacts and ghosts are nice, but the guns are the main attraction IMO.

Unless there's multiple loot rolls going on, and they put ghosts/artifacts into the class item roll.

For artifacts I would have preferred they put them in CoO just to give people a reason to curbstomp the dreadnaught again. I think it'd be funny if Oryx's pimpmobile ended up being nothing more than artifact farming for loot hungry guardians.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

So bank exotics & legendaries until the 18th?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Menstrual Show posted:

Yeah the new class items aren't working with it. The chroma class items and y2 class items are, however.

I am 99.9% sure I did the exotic DO quest, with a year 3 non-spectar class item but I sharded it when I was done so I can't check. I mean I never picked the chroma package and it had the RoI symbol? unless... IDK.

I know what bungie's said in the update but I think it's actually having the crucible rep perk that breaks it. If you have the vanguard perk it'll work? Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kumo posted:

So bank exotics & legendaries until the 18th?

Yep. I already had been, but I exceeded the level cap like the first week.

• Locked thread