Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Krysmphoenix posted:

wait, cost to produce or cost to purchase?

To produce. Someone earlier in the thread said that Stormblood's development budget is 35M compared to HW's 10M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilifinicus posted:

No information about raids?

They didn't really commit to anything, sounded like they were just trying to get a baseline for what people might want but

- They sounded like it might not be just one style, aka just Coil or Alex
- They floated the idea of Story, Normal, Savage and Savage+. No one there seemed into the Story mode idea, people cheered loudly for even harder mode. He seemed to hint that Savage+ would be on the .X5 where Savage is .X
- They also floated Savage and Normal having different stories.
- Very "Final Fantasy"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Want that Lady Monk armor

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They didn't really commit to anything, sounded like they were just trying to get a baseline for what people might want but

- They sounded like it might not be just one style, aka just Coil or Alex
- They floated the idea of Story, Normal, Savage and Savage+. No one there seemed into the Story mode idea, people cheered loudly for even harder mode. He seemed to hint that Savage+ would be on the .X5 where Savage is .X
- They also floated Savage and Normal having different stories.
- Very "Final Fantasy"

Their implication was that Savage+ would come on the even patches, to give the raider crowd something new instead of just "sorry it's a catchup patch everything here is easier than what you've been doing"
The ideas they voiced (but did not say they were actually going with) were dropping back to a single difficulty, having an even-patch even-harder mode, and giving savage its own storyline.

Also, I wonder if the move from class-based additional actions to role-based additional actions might mean changes to the class system itself.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
That was a Dancer if I've ever seen it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I must have misheard then.

I think the changes to cross classing are just to give all roles the essential or desirable skills. Why exactly can't AST use E4E at the moment, for example.

I mean obviously it's because they can't cross class with ACN, but what is the reason for that? There isn't really a good one.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

That was a Dancer if I've ever seen it.

if a collection of all the abilities monks use being animated by square visual works looks like a dancer to you, monk sure is hella dancy

they even made a big point out of Warrior of Light catching Yda's snap punch there

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tae posted:

Produce. SE's financials state that Stormblood is gonna cost like 35 million, heavensward was about 10.

Presumably this is due to all the extra backend legwork.

Also that trailer was hype as gently caress and I'm so excited to get yet another opportunity to clown all over the loving Empire.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mordiceius posted:

From Reddit regarding the Scarlet Witch/Red Mage speculation:

I think you're underthinking this. Hear me out: * Scarlet Witch is the daughter of Magneto * Magneto is the master of Magnetism * In FFIV, the Dark Elf lived in a magnetic cave * Drizzt Do'Urden is a Dark Elf Ranger * Aragorn, son of Arathorn, is the King of the Rangers * Aragorn was a friend of Gandalf the Grey * Gandalf was a partner of the two Blue Wizards, who went into the East and were never seen again * Ala Mhigo is to the East * Blue Mage job confirmed!

checks out

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Warrior of Light???

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

sometimes fighting looks like dancing.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

That looked like it was supposed to be a kata more than anything

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It looks like a dancer outfit, and they might not have had animations ready for that teaser trailer.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ilifinicus posted:

No information about raids?

How have I not seen this before?

:perfect:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dancer tank

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

SperginMcBadposter posted:

It looks like a dancer outfit, and they might not have had animations ready for that teaser trailer.
dude you have to order things from square visual works 1.5 years beforehand

what we were saying was the finished product, there's no "in time" involved here

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It'll be funny when all the people who thinking cutting PS3 support will make the game 10x better overnight wake up to reality.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'll actually be disappointed if Normal and Savage raids get different storylines. I'll never be the the sort of player that does Savage raiding. Please don't put story behind something I'm never going to be able to do.

It's me. I'm the casual player that all those OF posts are about. :smith:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ilifinicus posted:

if a collection of all the abilities monks use being animated by square visual works looks like a dancer to you, monk sure is hella dancy

they even made a big point out of Warrior of Light catching Yda's snap punch there

With ps3 support gone, their long dream of branching jobs can be realized and Dancer is an alt job for Pugilist!

For reals don't crush my dreams. :saddowns:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Verranicus posted:

It'll be funny when all the people who thinking cutting PS3 support will make the game 10x better overnight wake up to reality.

Lifting the requirement that the client UI fit in what 128MB of ram should help their developer workload a lot.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I remember hearing about adding TP meters being some major undertaking due to PS3 memory limitations?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

chinese barbecue porp posted:

I remember hearing about adding TP meters being some major undertaking due to PS3 memory limitations?

They had to remove the party stat bonuses from the UI and put them in the party menu in order to be able to fit the TP meters into the amount of memory there was available.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Verranicus posted:

why yes i like developing for a 10 year old worthless poo poo brick

slev
Apr 6, 2009

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Yes it is why you don't see what attribute bonuses are being provided anymore

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

ActionZero posted:

They had to remove the party stat bonuses from the UI and put them in the party menu in order to be able to fit the TP meters into the amount of memory there was available.

lol

Thank Yoship the nightmare is finally over

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Depending on this "improved battle system" thing works, as well as them funnelling money back into the servers, killing PS3 on top of that might genuinely make the game 10x better overnight.

If they can turn up the server tick rate and such, that'll be great alone.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
The girl isn't Yda, look at her neck.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
jesus christ i really want that tote bag

that allagan poetic tome usb stick owns bones

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chyea posted:

There's a neck in this pic???

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Chyea posted:

bards cast protect dude

warrior of light left his axe behind

all dragons in heavensward look like hræsvelgr

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Chyea posted:

I love that she has less cleavage than the WoL :v:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Where the hell is Samurai

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Kuai posted:

5.0 when we go to Othard, Look Forward to It!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

boy are my arms tired posted:

jesus christ i really want that tote bag

that allagan poetic tome usb stick owns bones

It'd probably be pretty easy to, provided you have a 3D printer, make an Allagan tomestone USB case in whatever variety you desire (and repaint it if necessary).

I haven't looked for people actually having done that, but I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Yda is supposed to have a tattoo bit maybe she went to the aesthetician and got it removed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So I asked about DRG in here yesterday.

Uh, how's MNK? Because that trailer's got me all fired up to punch things.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Kuai posted:

This was just the first one, more details coming in the European and Japan fanfest.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Harrow posted:

More interesting than lancer at lower levels, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Harrow posted:

Lame, definitely don't play it.

• Locked thread