Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
After a hard look at itself, England found two dead teeth and a Vitamin D deficiency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ched did nothing wrong.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Apart from cheating on is girlfriend but she forgives him so it's okay.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I always thought it was weird that the dude who was having sex with the girl at the same time as Evans was acquitted in the first place, while Evans was convicted. I hope you enjoyed my hot take on the Ched Evans saga.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blue footed boobie posted:

I always thought it was weird that the dude who was having sex with the girl at the same time as Evans was acquitted in the first place, while Evans was convicted. I hope you enjoyed my hot take on the Ched Evans saga.

I thought this as well but then I know gently caress all about the case besides that

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

I thought this as well but then I know gently caress all about the case besides that

Apparently the reasoning was that the other guy spent enough time with the girl that night to believe that she wasn't too drunk to consent. But Evans just snuck in through the window and started loving, so he couldn't say the same.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

julian assflange posted:

She went to the hotel willingly with the friend although while drunk. Ched turned up later and went into the room to have sex with her then left via a fire escape which is why the friend didn't get convicted

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Apparently the reasoning was that the other guy spent enough time with the girl that night to believe that she wasn't too drunk to consent. But Evans just snuck in through the window and started loving, so he couldn't say the same.

https://twitter.com/TooManyEmmas/status/786927569740394496

Drunken consent is still consent according to the trial judge.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ultrabindu posted:

https://twitter.com/TooManyEmmas/status/786927569740394496

Drunken consent is still consent according to the trial judge.

I'm only talking about the first trial. Is there any other source for the drunken consent thing, though? Major news sources aren't reporting it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

In terms of where that came from, presumably it's directly from the court report or from someone sat in the public gallery.

Consent is made out to be very complicated but it isn't. From the Sexual Offences Act 2003:

quote:

Rape

(1)A person (A) commits an offence if—

(a)he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,

(b)B does not consent to the penetration, and

(c)A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

and

quote:

“Consent”

For the purposes of this Part, a person consents if he agrees by choice, and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice.

(c) above is what saved Clayton McDonald - he could reasonably believe he'd spent some time with her, she'd gone back to a hotel room with him and they'd started having sex, and even if she later felt that she was unable to consent it wasn't unreasonable for him to believe that she did.

For Ched the important bit is the "capacity" bit. Drunken consent is still consent if the person giving was capable of doing so - so if a girl's had a few drinks and gets carried away and agrees to sex then later regrets it, it was still consenting if the jury feels she had capacity at the time to do so. The argument in this case was that when he appeared in the room she was already too drunk to know what was happening, so she didn't actually give consent even if he claims she said "yes" and he couldn't have reasonably believed she consented because she was obviously too drunk. The jury at the initial trial clearly felt she didn't have capacity and this one apparently did.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Fantastic news, of course. :)

Will Ched be somehow repaid for the loss of freedom, income and a ruined reputation?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

To be honest I'm glad Chedwyn didnae do it, if just because it makes all of the people writing teary-eyed moralising editorials for the Guardian look like absolute mugs.

Apparently some of the new evidence that was presented was other people who'd had sex with the same woman, one a couple of days before, where she'd used the same come ons as Evans said she had, and also where she'd woken up and not remembered anything. So basically a British court has officially declared her a pissed-up slag, and I'm sure the feminists will be thrilled.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Rape Culture has gone too far

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
First Ched found innocent ... Malky next?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Sepp Blatter did nothing wrong

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Corrode posted:

In terms of where that came from, presumably it's directly from the court report or from someone sat in the public gallery.

Consent is made out to be very complicated but it isn't. From the Sexual Offences Act 2003:

and

(c) above is what saved Clayton McDonald - he could reasonably believe he'd spent some time with her, she'd gone back to a hotel room with him and they'd started having sex, and even if she later felt that she was unable to consent it wasn't unreasonable for him to believe that she did.

For Ched the important bit is the "capacity" bit. Drunken consent is still consent if the person giving was capable of doing so - so if a girl's had a few drinks and gets carried away and agrees to sex then later regrets it, it was still consenting if the jury feels she had capacity at the time to do so. The argument in this case was that when he appeared in the room she was already too drunk to know what was happening, so she didn't actually give consent even if he claims she said "yes" and he couldn't have reasonably believed she consented because she was obviously too drunk. The jury at the initial trial clearly felt she didn't have capacity and this one apparently did.

I dunno, I mean if she was already shagging Clayton and had been okay to consent to that, then unless she continued drinking whilst shagging him, why would she be any less able to consent to SuperChed?

Unless she's already agreed to let Clayton get balls deep earlier on I suppose.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

I dunno, I mean if she was already shagging Clayton and had been okay to consent to that, then unless she continued drinking whilst shagging him, why would she be any less able to consent to SuperChed?

Unless she's already agreed to let Clayton get balls deep earlier on I suppose.
have you never drank alcohol before or something

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the truth is in the middle

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

julian assflange posted:

It usually is, in my experience.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

julian assflange posted:

The court disagrees. Ched wins.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I knew it all along
that Ched Evans did nothing wrong
just like Hitler and the jews
who bit off more than they could chew

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

julian assflange posted:

So was the victim

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

brocked posted:

So was the victim

:captainpop:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

brocked posted:

So was the victim

Lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Spangly A posted:

I mean I'd not go anywhere near a girl I've never met before who's falling over plastered because that's creepy af

I've slept with girls I've met when we've both been drunk. I never really thought about it ever being considered rape :(

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

brocked posted:

So was the victim

ayyyyy lmao

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Ewar Woowar posted:

I've slept with girls I've met when we've both been drunk. I never really thought about it ever being considered rape :(

girls I've met is a strange name for a man

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

You also live in a third world country.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Reprisal posted:

girls I've met is a strange name for a man

:gay:

Shrapnig posted:

You also live in a third world country.

I don't know man, rape seems generally frowned upon here too.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ewar Woowar posted:

so's everyone but idk there's a difference between that and your mate texting you to come bang a girl he's pulled

footballers continue being unable to have sex on their own shocker

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also there's a difference between "Yes I want to have drunken sex with you", and "Yes I want to have drunken sex with you, and a random mate of yours who will climb in the window"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also there's a difference between "Yes I want to have drunken sex with you", and "Yes I want to have drunken sex with you, and a random mate of yours who will climb in the window"

Which one of these do you imagine happened?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Not sure imagining rape is the best direction for this thread to go

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

sassassin posted:

Which one of these do you imagine happened?

Not knowing all the details, I thought it was the first one.

Which is why teh court let his mate off, because she had consented to having sex with him, (drunkenly), but she didn't consent to Ched climbing in and having a go.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The court has proven conclusively that Ched did nothing wrong.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The moral of the story, is never have sex.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

HJB posted:

Or at least don't be all romantic and climb in through a window. Modern ladies don't like all that dashing heroic window-entering stuff.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

HJB posted:

Or at least don't take your mate up on an offer to get up to the buffers in the paralytic girl he's already hanging out the back of.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Masonity posted:

Or at least don't be all romantic and climb in through a window. Modern ladies don't like all that dashing heroic window-entering stuff.

Agreed, always enter through the back door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

monkeytennis posted:

Or at least don't take your mate up on an offer to get up to the buffers in the paralytic girl he's already hanging out the back of.

Imagine picking up a girl at a bar and thinking "wait I have to call my friend so we can all have sex."