Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Rondette posted:

There's an E/N classic brewing.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760159&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Back in January this guy posted about his girlfriend who had a mania for doing the marriage and kids thing before she hit 30, the wedding was being planned and he was having doubts. Advice was given, thread went quiet. ..until yesterday when the OP returned with an update, 3 days before the wedding ......it's a doozy.

This quote:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You dumb motherfucker.

Is the best summary of that update :magical: Holy christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i thought it would just be "i really hate my fiancee" but lol it's even better

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That thread is a loving pro click.

Guys. Should I dig deeper? I've not got much experience with wells.

Ok I'm digging.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I thought maybe if I just stayed in the well long enough I'd learn to love being in the well like you're supposed to.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dumb motherfucker is an extremely accurate description of that OP.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Five years from now he's going to be in jail for murdering his wife

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does the comparison to Cassandra count when the goons who offer advice are constantly ignored by goons?

it seems that the only times goons were able to convince anybody anything was (a) to drink one's urine to check for diabetes and (b) crowdfunding a hot dog racist.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rondette posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760159&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Back in January this guy posted about his girlfriend who had a mania for doing the marriage and kids thing before she hit 30, the wedding was being planned and he was having doubts. Advice was given, thread went quiet. ..until yesterday when the OP returned with an update, 3 days before the wedding ......it's a doozy.

Holy loving shitballs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

does the comparison to Cassandra count when the goons who offer advice are constantly ignored by goons?

it seems that the only times goons were able to convince anybody anything was (a) to drink one's urine to check for diabetes and (b) crowdfunding a hot dog racist.

Also the piss/semen pheromone deodorant to attract women

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rondette posted:

I'd stopped reading this thread because the stories had stopped being awesome but holy poo poo am I glad I gave it another go. This is fantastic.

Whatever happened to Therapy?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I had it bookmarked for some reason and noticed it had 20 new posts all of a sudden. Always a good sign on threads like that.

I think the therapy finished before the ex came along.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Anybody remember what Hamburger Joe was about?

http://imgur.com/0khbyvk

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
can someone tldr the ty peppar story for me i cant justify taking the time to read 60 pages of this forum just to figure out how we got him banned from wikipedia

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

chernobyl kinsman posted:

can someone tldr the ty peppar story for me i cant justify taking the time to read 60 pages of this forum just to figure out how we got him banned from wikipedia

IRRC I think FYAD were sneaking edits into Wikipedia and seeing how long they would fly under the radar. Ty tried to get AFF permabanned with IP logs and FYAD screenshots and basically AFF was able to gaslight and turn it on Ty by basically acting like a rational human being. Mods agreed it was Ty covering his own actions and banned him and then he killed himself over it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Arkanomen posted:

IRRC I think FYAD were sneaking edits into Wikipedia and seeing how long they would fly under the radar. Ty tried to get AFF permabanned with IP logs and FYAD screenshots and basically AFF was able to gaslight and turn it on Ty by basically acting like a rational human being. Mods agreed it was Ty covering his own actions and banned him and then he killed himself over it.

That took a grim turn :stare:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Arkanomen posted:

he killed himself over it.

What?

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

he shot himself. who knows why he actually did it, but the guy killed himself, yeah.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I googled the guys name and it took me to something sensitive which is a thing apparently and I got to see what Abe looks like IRL and loving LOL at that.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
i don't remember anything about abe, but supposedly he, a grown rear end man, tried to bully some kid on twitter & then instead got owned by some 12 year old kid? if that actually happened & was funny, then someone post specifics, please.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Here's my funny Abe story, in like 2005 he started posting in FYAD in earnest after having lurked for a weirdly, inappropriately long time and bought me an avatar and I think plat to try and ingratiate himself into the forum. I was never even popular in FYAD, lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Abe was amazing because nobody ever liked him at all and yet he somehow was allowed to be the mod of multiple forums for ages and ages

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Old GBS loving loved him and his wacky mod challenges, like "post your tits or get banned" haha what a cut up

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
"Goon love is the best love" was his idea, wasn't it?

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Old GBS loving loved him and his wacky mod challenges, like "post your tits or get banned" haha what a cut up

was that what it escalated into? i remember people saying mod challenges were huge & zany and that they stopped because some weirdo went too far. if there's a weird / interesting story about the mod challenge that went too far then share what it was about. assuming that it wasn't literally what you just said, anyway, which sounds pretty likely.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I can't respect a man who welshes on his bets. Abe did not eat his hat, fruit does not count as a hat. He is a fraud and charlatan.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cicadas! posted:

I can't respect a man who welshes on his bets. Abe did not eat his hat, fruit does not count as a hat. He is a fraud and charlatan.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We laugh, but this woman is why we are now allowed to not talk to the police. The famous Carmen Miranda Rights.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

We laugh, but this woman is why we are now allowed to not talk to the police. The famous Carmen Miranda Rights.

God damnit...

:lol:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had no idea Kristen Wiig was so influential.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

purple death ray posted:

"get AIDS or be permabanned"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kristen Wiig?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

I had no idea Kristen Wiig was so influential.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Was Abe also the one who implemented the rule where if you posted an thread in E/N, you had to compare your life to that of a starving Somali orphan?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ironically she still has all her hair

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

purple death ray posted:

that wasn't abe, it was one of the weirdo games mods I think. just remember there was a pretty funny apology post from that guy at some point

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Instant Sunrise posted:

"Goon love is the best love" was his idea, wasn't it?

This led to the huge Two Worlds plot twist reveal so I feel ultimately, it was good

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

L. Ron Mexico posted:

that wasn't abe, it was one of the weirdo games mods I think. just remember there was a pretty funny apology post from that guy at some point

it was louisgod who also bought a million pounds of beef jerky from someone on here

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

R.L. Stine posted:

it was louisgod who also bought a million pounds of beef jerky from someone on here

oh jeez gross I've sold/bought action figures to/from this dude

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

R.L. Stine posted:

is he the dude who said "what" in terror when he learned his favorite homemade type of jerky was being discontinued? cause i thought that was pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
to be fair it was really good beef jerky