Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who wants a Tebow update? You, good NFL fans do, of course. From Keith Law:

quote:

Tebow the baseball player is not a baseball player; he’s a washed-up quarterback who has size and nothing else. His swing is long, and he wields the bat like someone who hasn’t played the sport in more than a decade, which he hasn’t. He can’t catch up to 90 mph, which is well below the major league average for a fastball, and was cutting through fastballs in the zone on Wednesday night. He rolled over twice on fastballs, which is something you generally see professional hitters do only on off-speed stuff, and he showed below-average running speed. In left field, his routes look like those of a wide receiver, although he managed to eventually make his way around to a fly ball in left.

In short, there’s absolutely no baseball justification for Tebow to be here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

For the new page since this is almost as dumb as Tebow the baseball player.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Who wants a Tebow update? You, good NFL fans do, of course. From Keith Law:

typical liberal media

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/AntonioBrown/status/786982001131782144
When are we getting Prince and Bowie cleats?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cleats with heals might help Dexter McCluster actually be effective.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Everyone seems to be picking the Lions this week which is weird because they are bad and already lost to Case Keenum last year and also this:

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/787019067798482944

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I still love Rodgers, but the more I hear about him the more he sounds like an insufferable douche.
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gunslinger-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-feud-jeff-pearlman-excerpt/

quote:

Sean McHugh, a Packers tight end, said Rodgers was a nice kid with, “California swag.” Which wasn’t the same as Mississippi or Green Bay swag. During that opening camp, then training camp two months later, Rodgers liked to brag about the 35 he scored on the Wonderlic, a test used by NFL teams to assess the aptitude of prospective employees. One day in a quarterbacks meeting he said, “Brett, what did you get on it?”

“I have no idea,” he replied.

“I do,” Rodgers said. “I looked it up. You got a 22.”

When the meeting concluded, Rodgers exited the room first, followed by Darrell Bevell, the quarterbacks coach, then Favre and Nall. “loving Wonderlic score,” Favre mumbled. “Do you believe that poo poo? I run circles around his rear end.”

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

He knows too many people aren't ready for his outing

He wouldn't want to be a distraction to his team like Kaepernick is. :jerkbag:

I'm do tired of "sports journalism" talking points. :negative:

Those shoes rock.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Shangri-Law School posted:

Everyone seems to be picking the Lions this week which is weird because they are bad and already lost to Case Keenum last year and also this:

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/787019067798482944

Never doubt the Rams' ability to snatch defeat from the hands of victory

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Pops Mgee posted:

I still love Rodgers, but the more I hear about him the more he sounds like an insufferable douche.
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gunslinger-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-feud-jeff-pearlman-excerpt/

trolling owns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pops Mgee posted:

Jesus Christ what a douche.

And getting psyched about your Wonderlic Score is idiotic. Ezekiel Elliott scored a 33 and he doesn't even know how to wear a shirt.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pops Mgee posted:

No wonder there was a feud

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if you don't realize that being a gigantic arrogant douche is an advantage as a QB

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pops Mgee posted:

This has nothing to do with anything but I think Pearlman is the guy some goon goatsed over twitter and then Pearlman ended up calling the guy's mom.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
In my mind, the Wonderlic has only been useful for two things:

1. Teams that aren't mine employing Ryan Fitzpatrick

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

lol if you don't realize that being a gigantic arrogant douche is an advantage as a QB

Print the shirts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Today at graduation one of my students gave me a bunch of Eagles swag as a gift. I may need to switch teams again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

Maybe Tannehill is just too nice.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

the mean lunch lady posted:

Never doubt the Rams' ability to snatch defeat from the hands of victory

This, but the Lions.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chichevache posted:

Jesus Christ what a douche.

And getting psyched about your Wonderlic Score is idiotic. Ezekiel Elliott scored a 33 and he doesn't even know how to wear a shirt.

"Only 35? Fitzpatrick got a 50 you know."

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pops Mgee posted:

This is funny though. Favre would whoop his rear end in a New York minute if they ever came to blows.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Remember when Rodgers was going to be better than Favre

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Someone post that clip of Rodgers chewing out a fan who called him short on 60 minutes.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Remember when Rodgers was going to be better than Favre
Rodgers' peak was arguably higher than anyone's ever. It was just shorter than we expected. I honestly think he'll sort things out, but I'll wait to see before assuming he's still in his prime.

Nov 6, 2002

Manning, and maybe Brady, were better at their peak.

Physically Rodgers is the superior QB. But when Manning was in his prime, the mental pieces to his game made him the superior player.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Manning, and maybe Brady, were better at their peak.

Physically Rodgers is the superior QB. But when Manning was in his prime, the mental pieces to his game made him the superior player.
2011 Rodgers is up there as one of the best seasons by a QB ever. I said arguably; it's all opinion anyway.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Today at graduation one of my students gave me a bunch of Eagles swag as a gift. I may need to switch teams again.

You will never be an eagles fan. Passage denied.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

2011 Rodgers is up there as one of the best seasons by a QB ever. I said arguably; it's all opinion anyway.

Sorry, friend. You said something that tangentially slighted Tom Brady, now reap the whirlwind

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The rest of that excerpt really changes how I see the whole Rodgers Favre feud. It goes on to talk about how Rodgers always made a point to sit front row in meetings and raise his hand for every question like a loving teachers pet. Then it says when running scout team he would do ridiculous celebration dances after lighting up practice squad guys.

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sorry, friend. You said something that tangentially slighted Tom Brady, now reap the whirlwind

At least he saved us two pages and didn't say something about the city of Pittsburgh.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

The rest of that excerpt really changes how I see the whole Rodgers Favre feud. It goes on to talk about how Rodgers always made a point to sit front row in meetings and raise his hand for every question like a loving teachers pet. Then it says when running scout team he would do ridiculous celebration dances after lighting up practice squad guys.
He seems to have been the antithesis of Favre. Favre seems a lot cooler.

Rodgers seems like he's got aspergers.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

At least he saved us two pages and didn't say something about the city of Pittsburgh.

It's not my fault that some of you are wrong on the internet

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dude it was just a pack of Duracells.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Pops Mgee posted:

Honestly both Favre and Rodgers come across as dickholes in this piece. Rodgers as the young full of himself teenage attitude douche and Favre the rear end in a top hat old man who sits on his throne ignoring the plebs. Favre making Rodgers sign his own helmet to wear at practice is amazing though, and Rodgers deserves every piece of poo poo he got for introducing himself to Favre like "Hey grandpa".

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 14, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Honestly both Favre and Rodgers come across as dickholes in this piece. Rodgers as the young full of himself teenage attitude douche and Favre the rear end in a top hat old man who sits on his throne ignoring the plebs. Favre making Rodgers sign his own helmet to wear at practice is amazing though

Not too surprising, since that's really what they both are.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd hang out with Rodgers a million times before I'd hang out with Favre.

I prefer a smart douche to a dumb dick.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

I'd rather visit Favre's farm and have lawn tractor races tbh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers' peak was arguably higher than anyone's ever. It was just shorter than we expected. I honestly think he'll sort things out, but I'll wait to see before assuming he's still in his prime.

You know what the ultimate goal of a QB is though, right? Therefor the best ever are still Brady, Montana and Bradshaw. Until Brady wins another one that is, then he's all alone on top

I'll hang up and listen

kiimo posted:

Wow you and I are like complete polar opposites on this

I'd hang out with Favre 10 times out of 10 rather than watch Rodgers's "wacky" antics with Olivia Munn

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would choose to hang out with don majkowski, and satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

kiimo posted:

Disagree, Favre seems like redneck fun who might not care about you until you ramp a tractor off a pig like him but Rodgers seems insincere and snobbish who will pretend to like you but really thinks your nothing.

Smart people who like to show off how smart they are are just the worst.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 14, 2016

• Locked thread