Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cavauro posted:

i would choose to hang out with don majkowski, and satan

Look man, Bill Belicheck doesn't want to hang out with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brockenstein posted:

I'd hang out with Favre 10 times out of 10 rather than watch Rodgers's "wacky" antics with Olivia Munn

So you're telling me Olivia Munn's going to be there but you'd rather pal around the farm with dickpic

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Touche

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kiimo posted:

So you're telling me Olivia Munn's going to be there but you'd rather pal around the farm with dickpic

Hahahahahaha

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Manning, and maybe Brady, were better at their peak.

Physically Rodgers is the superior QB. But when Manning was in his prime, the mental pieces to his game made him the superior player.

With all due respect it's clear you didn't watch more than a couple 2011 Packers games.

In every single game Rodgers was making throws that were considered outright impossible. Yes, obviously the Packers receiving squad that season was amazing -- but Rodgers was also making truly inconceivable throws, threading it perfectly through three sets of hands while stumbling backwards and floating two inches off the ground.

I watched all sixteen seasons of Brett on the Packers, and half the throws Rodgers made in 2011 would have been picked off if it was Favre throwing them instead.

Febreeze posted:

Disagree, Favre seems like redneck fun who might not care about you until you ramp a tractor off a pig like him but Rodgers seems insincere and snobbish who will pretend to like you but really thinks your nothing.

You just have to have a high tolerance for pranks and fart jokes. Also he'd slap your butt so hard it'd leave a handprint mark.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'd take gettin drunk as hell with Brett over hangin with Aaron every drat time. Chillin with Majik Man would also be tempting though.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Pops Mgee posted:

I still love Rodgers, but the more I hear about him the more he sounds like an insufferable douche.
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gunslinger-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-feud-jeff-pearlman-excerpt/

After reading that article I think Brett comes off way worse. Rodgers is an oblivious prick but I'd take the eager overachiever anyday over the grumbling old man with cliques and favorites who half-asses his job.

quote:

The morning after the news, Nall arrived at the facility with a copy of an image someone had e-mailed him, featuring a person in a shirt reading ALL DADDY WANTED WAS A BLOW JOB. Pepper Burruss, the team trainer, told Nall to bring the picture to his office, found a photograph of Rodgers from draft day, cut off his head, affixed it to the body and laminated the newly mastered image onto a T-shirt. The garment was passed to Brett in the team meeting, and he could not stop laughing. The shirt was passed to Bevell and, lastly, to Rodgers. “He looked at it for 10 seconds and dropped it to the floor,” said Nall. “There was this awkward tension in the room.” When the meeting ended, Nall apologized to Rodgers, but advised him to relax. “You’re a first-round pick, Aaron,” he said. “You have to expect to be poked at a bit.”

Given the rumors from the last several years I read this scene a whole lot different...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Brett Favre loving owns

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kiimo posted:

Sometimes riding quads, shooting guns at varmits, and talking tractors & trucks while sucking down cold beers is way more fun than entertaining women

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Aaron Rodgers is such a loving herb

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If I had the choice to hang out with you guys or Olivia Munn I would pick you guys.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I don't know what Olivia Munn is like in real life, but she is very pretty, so

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zoran posted:

I don't know what Olivia Munn is like in real life, but she is very pretty, so

I've heard people suggest that she says and does very hurtful things to others, but i'm cool with that because I want Olivia Munn to ruin Aaron Rodgers and the Packers as a whole.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would hang out with Andy Dalton.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would hang out with Andy Dalton.

I would.... not

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I would hang out with Mark Sanchez.

I would be all like "Yo Mark, pass the hot sauce!" And it would go sailing by me into the hands of someone else.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Joe Flacco is pretty high on my QBs I would hang out with list.
Bottom is Russel Wilson for sure.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Today I learned that Matthew Stafford is going to be a father.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Brett seems like a douche jock stereotype.

Aaron the over achieving nerd.

I'd rather hang out with Brett for a day but Aaron seems like ya know a good person.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
gently caress em both.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

quote:

Late into a preseason game, Rodgers received a sideline call shortly after throwing an incompletion to stall his final drive of the night. On the other end of the line was Favre from the press box, who proceeded to ask the rookie if his refrigerator was running. Rodgers threw down the phone in disgust, and was heard heatedly complaining to his position coach.

"There's just no place in the game for that."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol what a loving baby

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Brett Favre rules.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I would.... not

you afraid he would drink all your zima? Haha take that. i remember someone said you drink zima even though you never did or something. You're dead from this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everybody drank Zima for one summer (1994 or 1995 can't remember) if you were old enough. Then everybody got tired of lime flavored barf from what is essentially malt liquor that goes down significantly faster than beer.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brannock posted:

With all due respect it's clear you didn't watch more than a couple 2011 Packers games.

In every single game Rodgers was making throws that were considered outright impossible. Yes, obviously the Packers receiving squad that season was amazing -- but Rodgers was also making truly inconceivable throws, threading it perfectly through three sets of hands while stumbling backwards and floating two inches off the ground.

I watched all sixteen seasons of Brett on the Packers, and half the throws Rodgers made in 2011 would have been picked off if it was Favre throwing them instead.

You just have to have a high tolerance for pranks and fart jokes. Also he'd slap your butt so hard it'd leave a handprint mark.

*throws it to wide open reciever* ugh what an inconceivable throw no one can even comprehend the process that went into this jesus christ no one will ever throw another ball as well as that

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Azhais posted:

"Only 35? Fitzpatrick got a 50 you know."

I looked it up. He only got a 48.

Febreeze posted:

Disagree, Favre seems like redneck fun who might not care about you until you ramp a tractor off a pig like him but Rodgers seems insincere and snobbish who will pretend to like you but really thinks your nothing.

Smart people who like to show off how smart they are are just the worst.

And yet here we all are, posting together on Something Awful because talking to the average NFL fan is gross and unpleasant. Elitists aren't too bad, as long as we all keep together in our own ghetto of useless knowledge. :glomp:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost Dog posted:

*throws it to wide open reciever* ugh what an inconceivable throw no one can even comprehend the process that went into this jesus christ no one will ever throw another ball as well as that

I'm not a big Aaron Rodgers fan but come on, dude has made some absolutely ridiculous throws over the years. I don't know if it's a no one else could do that thing or not, but he does deserve a lot of credit.

I thought he looked off starting last year and it got glossed over because he had no receivers, this year it just seems a little more obvious.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

algebra testes posted:

I would hang out with Mark Sanchez.

I would be all like "Yo Mark, pass the hot sauce!" And he would run into my rear end and fumble the bottle and someone else would run away with it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I've never been able to find the video of it again, but there was one touchdown in particular where Rodgers threads the ball through two defenders into Finley's (? Might have been someone else, it's been several years) hands for a touchdown. On the replay, it turns out that Rodgers had no way of actually seeing where Finley was because of the linemen and linebackers blocking his vision to the end zone. That's not so unusual for a timing route, but he adjusted the pass direction to take in account the defenders that he couldn't actually see.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Maybe Rodgers was never good at all, just lucky.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

N: I just paid MLB $25 to watch/stream/rewind/DVR the whole post-season on my PS4, in HD with no ads.

V: gently caress you NFL.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Maybe Rodgers was never good at all, just lucky.

System quarterback for sure. I mean they won with Matt Flynn

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Kenneth "Ken The Hitman" Bone exposed

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not a big Aaron Rodgers fan but come on, dude has made some absolutely ridiculous throws over the years. I don't know if it's a no one else could do that thing or not, but he does deserve a lot of credit.

I thought he looked off starting last year and it got glossed over because he had no receivers, this year it just seems a little more obvious.

it sounds like they should rename the concept of throwing a ball to aaron rodgers, change the ball to just be his face

Brannock posted:

I've never been able to find the video of it again, but there was one touchdown in particular where Rodgers threads the ball through two defenders into Finley's (? Might have been someone else, it's been several years) hands for a touchdown. On the replay, it turns out that Rodgers had no way of actually seeing where Finley was because of the linemen and linebackers blocking his vision to the end zone. That's not so unusual for a timing route, but he adjusted the pass direction to take in account the defenders that he couldn't actually see.
i mean the throw was so impossible it cant even be rendered by video im sure

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

System quarterback for sure. I mean they won with Matt Flynn

Why couldn't Seneca Wallace succeed in Green Bay then?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Gonz posted:

Today I learned that Matthew Stafford is going to be a father.

I envision him staying up late at night to try and catch the stork bringing him his baby like a kid would trying to catch Santa Clause.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Farve rules

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Why couldn't Seneca Wallace succeed in Green Bay then?

It doesn't help my half assed joke to admit you're right, so I'll just double down and say he was great in GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

• Locked thread