Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it ok to post bad cosplay

to like, make fun of, and poo poo

Well, that depends, is it your favorite bad cosplay?

(but seriously, that's fine as long as you're making it clear what you're doing and not just pulling a Snatch Duster, we've had plenty of bad cosplay in here before)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it ok to post bad cosplay

to like, make fun of, and poo poo

It better be or this isn't Something Awful.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kwyndig posted:

(but seriously, that's fine as long as you're making it clear what you're doing and not just pulling a Snatch Duster, we've had plenty of bad cosplay in here before)

Back seat modding much?

My cosplay posts are more valid than any of the ones you've posted.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh wait you've only posted one maybe you should gtfo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ah good, he has a ring and everything.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Congratulations on probation #42, Snatch Duster.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jamesman posted:

Congratulations on probation #42, Snatch Duster.
~amateur~

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
It lost some of the magic when I realized he's just scraping the Imgur front page... I remember seeing literally every one of those images in the past two days or so.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Racial differences notwithstanding, it's all in the reflexes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Kwyndig posted:

Hey, has anybody cosplayed as Cat Thor? And no, I don't mean cats cosplaying as Thor (although that is adorable).

Loki as Cat Thor, presumably.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

loving :lol:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pope Guilty posted:

Loki as Cat Thor, presumably.

Is there any other kind?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

TheChaosPath posted:

Thank god Snatch Duster is back

He's a thread treasure and whomever banned him for a month is a monster.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

katkillad2 posted:

He's a thread treasure and whomever banned him for a month is a monster.

Mezzanine posted:

It lost some of the magic when I realized he's just scraping the Imgur front page... I remember seeing literally every one of those images in the past two days or so.

So, uh, no, he's not. He's just a garden variety shitposter with a seriously unfunny gimmick.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
sorry everyone, I got this from Imgur

http://imgur.com/gallery/zFd3e

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vote YES on Prop XW2!

Infyrno
Jul 24, 2003

The Duke

TenementFunster posted:

GYROS NEVA DIE

From the way her feet look I thought the costume looked weird because she is pregnant. Possible?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kwyndig posted:

Hey, has anybody cosplayed as Cat Thor? And no, I don't mean cats cosplaying as Thor (although that is adorable).

Surprisingly enough, no. Especially given those ultracreepy realistic giant cat heads, too.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kwyndig posted:

So, uh, no, he's not. He's just a garden variety shitposter with a seriously unfunny gimmick.

If it works for Lottery of Babylon...

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

poptart_fairy posted:

If it works for Lottery of Babylon...

Totally different gimmick, one that's actually funny.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Both contribute nothing but copy pasted stuff from other websites. :shrug:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

poptart_fairy posted:

LoB actually somehow manages to respond to people with what he posts.

Snatch Duster just lets his problems with women fly free.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Post cosplay.

Here's some shots from the FF14 Fan Fest cosplay competition.

Two different Astrologians with intricate globes.

The winner:

Bonus:

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Post cosplay.

Bonus:

You missed like four Hauchefants dying on stage. It was a comedy of tragedies. Or vice versa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Chomp8645 posted:

It better be or this isn't Something Awful.

Ok, cause I remember a few years back I posted bad cosplay to make fun of and some people got mad at me for making fun of it so I wasn't sure if the rules were still the same or not.

This is a costume I saw last weekend and I did not like it, it did not look good, like, the outfit itself looked like it didn't fit and like it was going to rip and imo she could have done better.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Post cosplay.

Is the moderator cosplaying as a goon? Because it's spot the gently caress on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

okay i know your gimmick is being a contrarian shithead but do you seriously not see the difference between posting stupid/crazy things people say on social media sans quote box in the thread for people saying stupid poo poo on social media, and throwing a months long tantrum because nobody agreed with your armchair psychology that all cosplayers have narcissistic personality disorder and posting random images of women in skimpy clothing to somehow prove this point?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

kirbysuperstar posted:

Post cosplay.

The all-time winning ff14 fanfest cosplay will always be

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

kirbysuperstar posted:

Post cosplay.

Two different Astrologians with intricate globes.

The winner:

Bonus:

Aaaa the bard in there is my friend Malindachan! She is a great cosplayer. Here's one of her and her husband:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

amusinginquiry posted:

The all-time winning ff14 fanfest cosplay will always be

Such a good dog.

McPantserton posted:

Aaaa the bard in there is my friend Malindachan! She is a great cosplayer. Here's one of her and her husband:

Oh, nice! They both have great costumes, though I can only imagine how irritating having the scales on the face must be for her husband.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

McPantserton posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Such a good dog.

Oh, nice! They both have great costumes, though I can only imagine how irritating having the scales on the face must be for her husband.

Oh god just thinking about having to wear a facial prosthetic all day makes me want to scream, I can't imagine how anybody does it.

That said, that's a great Bard outfit, and kudos to her for including a game accurate hairstyle.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god just thinking about having to wear a facial prosthetic all day makes me want to scream, I can't imagine how anybody does it.

That said, that's a great Bard outfit, and kudos to her for including a game accurate hairstyle.

She's literally a professional wig stylist. She did the red/black knight wig too, her wigs are legit beyond my comprehension.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm impressed.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

FirstAidKite posted:

Ok, cause I remember a few years back I posted bad cosplay to make fun of and some people got mad at me for making fun of it so I wasn't sure if the rules were still the same or not.

This is a costume I saw last weekend and I did not like it, it did not look good, like, the outfit itself looked like it didn't fit and like it was going to rip and imo she could have done better.

Theres this chicken and the egg paradox about whether bad cosplay is simply because the costume is badly done or the person has the 'wrong' body type for it. Outside of the very few cosplay options for larger women (that female Roadhog, Ellie from Borderlands) they have to resort to wearing costumes designed for smaller frames. So a woman who is a size 16 wearing a well made sailor moon costume is still going to get put in the 'bad cosplay' bin because it will look much more unflattering compared to a woman who is a size 6.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Panfilo posted:

Theres this chicken and the egg paradox about whether bad cosplay is simply because the costume is badly done or the person has the 'wrong' body type for it. Outside of the very few cosplay options for larger women (that female Roadhog, Ellie from Borderlands) they have to resort to wearing costumes designed for smaller frames. So a woman who is a size 16 wearing a well made sailor moon costume is still going to get put in the 'bad cosplay' bin because it will look much more unflattering compared to a woman who is a size 6.

In situations like that I always go by construction quality. Also there are ways to alter costume designs to look flattering for larger women, admittedly, some of them are outside the skill range of your average costume builder, but it can be done.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kwyndig posted:

In situations like that I always go by construction quality. Also there are ways to alter costume designs to look flattering for larger women, admittedly, some of them are outside the skill range of your average costume builder, but it can be done.

Except that the majority of 'good' cosplay shown has been slender women, and the minority of 'bad' cosplay has been larger women. If it came down to construction quality then you'd see a lot more diversity in body types but you don't. We'd like to be objective about this thing but let's be realistic here - having the 'wrong' body type is putting the whole costume under a lot more scrutiny.

I like McPantersons Terran Marine and Lady Arthas costumes because I feel like with big bulky costumes like that theres less of an issue of having the 'wrong' body type.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't post it because she's fat, I posted it because I think the outfit is way too tight on her and she said she'd made the outfit herself without any sewing or stitching or something like that and I remember she did a decent ariel costume during the last con so it isn't like she's bad

I just thought it was a bad outfit, a bad look, looks kinda messy and bleh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's about dressing to your body type, basically. People who are that big aren't going to be able to pull off the sort of cosplay slimmer individuals are - similar to how someone who's really loving skinny will never pull off a muscular character and be convincing.

Alaois posted:

okay i know your gimmick is being a contrarian shithead but do you seriously not see the difference between posting stupid/crazy things people say on social media sans quote box in the thread for people saying stupid poo poo on social media, and throwing a months long tantrum because nobody agreed with your armchair psychology that all cosplayers have narcissistic personality disorder and posting random images of women in skimpy clothing to somehow prove this point?

It is possible to find both idiotic and unfunny, hope this helps.

poptart_fairy has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Oct 15, 2016

• Locked thread