Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Samurai Sanders posted:

To people like him it is legit impressive since they think everyone has the same overpowering urges they do and every minute they don't act on them it's a victory over the self.

my faith in the lord and savior jesus christ is the only thing stopping me from raping and murdering

qed atheists are all rapists and murderers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously, is today extra nuts or is my brain just fried?

Everything's just snowballing now. As it gets worse, Trump gets worse. As the campaign gets more desperate, it makes more mistakes. There are no contingencies, there are multiple agendas in play but not one single plan.

:munch:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
that was pretty much a primary speech throwback

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/787083477485228036

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
This election cycle has taught me that America hates women even more than it hates black people

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Leviathan posted:

im much more disturbed by the ppl who continue to support him in light of said recent news

It really is shocking.

"All dozen... plus of these women are lying about being assaulted in the exact way he's described and a supporter of his admits to as part of a conspiracy by Hillary Clinton. Also, they just all happen to kind of look alike because Hillary knows Donald likes blondes with narrow features."

Sure, sure. That makes the most sense.

The Evangelical response of "We actually never gave a poo poo about morals or family values so we don't care if he did it" almost makes more sense.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Has Trump just lost the plot completely at this point? That rally is just surreal.

My wife is freaking out about Trump winning, but she's not following things (we're in the UK) and the only way I can explain it to her is, if there were enough people in the US to watch that and think "Yes, that's a man I think should be President of the USA" and get him elected, then it would already be a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

we're at the bitcoin phase of grief then huh?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

this is a disturbingly apt comparison

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed

StateOwned posted:

Trumps paradox: time between scandals and gaffes decreases towards zero as we get closer to Election Day, therefore we can never reach Election Day because that would mean an infinite amount of scandals occurring simultaneously, which is clearly impossible.

The trump singularity will occur at 1 microsecond before the first polls close on nov. 9th and time will cease to exist.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

lmao

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I know trying to assemble a coherent narrative from a Trump dump of word salad is a fool's errand, but what did that "nuclear warming" thing mean? Is he going to stop ISIS from nuking us? China? Obvs BFF Putin would never deploy his shiny new nukes against us

Semisponge posted:

This election cycle has taught me that America hates women even more than it hates black people

Wait til you see how much these people hate black women, though

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Reminder that It Can't Happen Here, Sinclair Lewis's 1935 novel, features a loudmouth ignoramus Presidential candidate (who is also a big womanizer) who appeals to the electorate's worst elements and plunges the US into fascism.

tbf I'm pretty sure that was Huey Long with the numbers filed off

It may be too early for that though, my concept of history relative to other events is pretty bad

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I really hate my country, but it also makes me want to fight to make it better.

That's where I'm at right now

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

It really is shocking.

"All dozen... plus of these women are lying about being assaulted in the exact way he's described and a supporter of his admits to as part of a conspiracy by Hillary Clinton. Also, they just all happen to kind of look alike because Hillary knows Donald likes blondes with narrow features."

Sure, sure. That makes the most sense.

The conservative persecution complex is in full swing, harder than I've ever seen it before. Just try and get a Trump supporter to prove that one of their "leaked email" stories is true, try and make them produce the proof that an email actually came from HRC. They will absolutely REFUSE.

Article I tried with:
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/wikileaks-drops-new-bombshell-hillary-racist-slammed-black-people/

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

welcome back to the inescapable poo poo tornado

at least there will be good music later

well i have a 9am appt tomorrow so im not sure if ill be up until 3am listening to arthur russell (!) and cher+david bowie while chooming bowls and drinking polish potato vodka once again (anythings possible tho) but ill def come by and chill in a few for sure

links still the same right?

sync-video.com/r/lkTlmMCf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r12qrwJe8g

:chillout:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
oh hey i haven't seen video of this exchange posted yet

https://twitter.com/TheBriefing2016/status/787059432265920513

:confuoot:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Listening to the radio right now, and someone actually referred to Evan McMullan as "Egg McMuffin"

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Do you guys remember when we found out Ben Carson thought the pyramids stored grain?

That was like five years ago, right?

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Oh hey, THR actually credits the drat clip

https://twitter.com/THR/status/786622420316594181

In case someone here hasn't seen it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Every instinct tells me that this Trump Source is Ailes

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe5wW-g6FgU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Lemming posted:

The election is on November 8th. In one sense, 25 days away. In another, untold æons.

i hope the insanity continues to accelerate as we approach election day resulting in an event horizon that we never breach leaving us in a perpetual campaign

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Chokes McGee posted:

tbf I'm pretty sure that was Huey Long with the numbers filed off

It may be too early for that though, my concept of history relative to other events is pretty bad

It was def inspired by Long, but there are some other qualities in Buzz Windrup that are pure Trumpstrain, which I would say was spooky except that the people who love fascism mostly love bullies, and bullies are often predictable. Still, points to Lewis for psychic abilities.

Anyway, it's on the Australia Gutenberg site (guess it's still in copyright in the US?)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

well i have a 9am appt tomorrow so im not sure if ill be up until 3am listening to arthur russell (!) and cher+david bowie while chooming bowls and drinking polish potato vodka once again (anythings possible tho) but ill def come by and chill in a few for sure

links still the same right?

sync-video.com/r/lkTlmMCf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r12qrwJe8g

:chillout:

im not home yet but ill set it up sometime later if someone else doesnt first...... Id love 2 have a night sometime where youre the only one adding vids cuz youre my fav dj itt

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

look, i get the point and all, but why the gently caress did they autotune him

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

mormonpartyboat posted:

Trump will be dating her in 10 years

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

bump_fn posted:

look, i get the point and all, but why the gently caress did they autotune him

It was a thing. I'm not proud of pics of me in bellbottoms or the grunge phase either.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

I'm home in NC.

Dad: "It's not too late for McCrory to do the right thing... by which I mean take a length of rope and hang himself."

!!!

Epic High Five posted:

hahahaha nice

was he a McCrory voter or someone just feeling extremely vindicated?

Oh, vindicated for sure, my parents are pretty liberal - though I think my parents liked Richard Burr when I was growing up because he was very responsive to constituent needs, though I'm pretty sure they're not voting for him now.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i think amanda carpenter (former cruz surrogate, now trump surrogate) just switched sides live on cnn

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Leviathan posted:

im much more disturbed by the ppl who continue to support him in light of said recent news

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

the talent deficit posted:

i think amanda carpenter (former cruz surrogate, now trump surrogate) just switched sides live on cnn

and now here's Jack Kingston to poo poo on our souls

e: also she is in no way a Trump surrogate

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Lemming posted:

The election is on November 8th. In one sense, 25 days away. In another, untold æons.

"Longer than you think, Dad!! Longer than you think . . . "

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

mormonpartyboat posted:

this is way more infuriating when he says it out loud than I ever expected it could be

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

she said anyone who claimed the victims were just seeking publicity were wrong and that republicans defending trump on the issue are reprehensible

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
why is hrc not doing rallies in texas and other 'holy poo poo i can't believe she flipped it' states

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

ShutteredIn posted:

"Do you think George Patton if he were running this country -- "

*off to 15 other thoughts*

Srsly, anyone who deals with ADHD can recognize that Trump has it from the drat moon. People in my family have it and this is every conversation with them, if they're not on meds. I have it, not to a clinically significant degree, but it runs in the family and I do fly off on weird tangents sometimes and have to go back and carefully retrace my steps in my conversations to make sense of it to others. I can have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time. But at least I realize it and do a lot to manage it.

Trump's galloping narcissism won't let him admit that he's not a superior-gened golden god with no flaws, so he has no way to control it.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

AlbieQuirky posted:

Reminder that It Can't Happen Here, Sinclair Lewis's 1935 novel, features a loudmouth ignoramus Presidential candidate (who is also a big womanizer) who appeals to the electorate's worst elements and plunges the US into fascism.

The_Raven fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 15, 2016

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Gravy Jones posted:

Has Trump just lost the plot completely at this point? That rally is just surreal.

My wife is freaking out about Trump winning, but she's not following things (we're in the UK) and the only way I can explain it to her is, if there were enough people in the US to watch that and think "Yes, that's a man I think should be President of the USA" and get him elected, then it would already be a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Even if Trump loses, I think we are already in that post-apocalyptic wasteland. All of these accusers coming out hasn't dented Trump's support one bit - and it's not even that people don't believe them - they don't care even if the allegations are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

mormonpartyboat posted:

lmao America is the greatest

• Locked thread