Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

you're probably thinking of Iron Chitlin's, complete with accordion

Jesus, I can't believe I haven't watched that already, that was loving hilarious.

I'm recommending Lynx Winter's LP of Infamous 2. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783026

He's basically doing a good run but then blending the evil run into the videos really nicely in a way that lets things progress without each video being 50 minutes long either. Or necessitating two videos for every part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I swear Chip Cheezum did Bayonetta, but I can't find it, so I guess I'm wrong.

Any good Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 LP's?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

I swear Chip Cheezum did Bayonetta, but I can't find it, so I guess I'm wrong.

Any good Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 LP's?

I remember he did a video of the Bayonetta 2 demo when it came out, maybe you're thinking of that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QOrqBxPKX8 Yoshesque has some extremely comprehensive Bayonetta LPs

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Is there anywhere I can find Habermann's old LPs? They're still listed on the lparchive, but it looks like his yt account no longer exists, and only one of them seems to be on archive.org as far as I can tell.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Isn't there a recent Phantasmagoria 2 lp or stream? I thought someone from the voidburger/shesellsheshells circle had one I was going to watch but apparently I thought wrong. There's the one in the LParchive that uses the Internet Archive but I thought there was a youtube one.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Isn't there a recent Phantasmagoria 2 lp or stream? I thought someone from the voidburger/shesellsheshells circle had one I was going to watch but apparently I thought wrong. There's the one in the LParchive that uses the Internet Archive but I thought there was a youtube one.

I streamed it about a year ago, actually! Loved the hell out of it, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpQ-LQk8riE

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ArclightBorealis posted:

I'm looking for some recent LPs of the GBA and DS Castlevania games, as after perusing what's on the Archive, most of them didn't have any Youtube links as they were hosted on Blip or other old video hosting sites that are no longer around. Browsing the Master List didn't bring up much else either. Are there any from the forums archives that would be good watching? I want to say there was an Aria of Sorrow LP a year or two ago but at the time it never crossed my mind to check it, and now I find myself in the mood for Metroidvanias.

I just did a quick check on the Archive and most of them have working links, and the few that don't have the original links working have the archive.org banner at the top you can click on. Aria of Sorrow is still on Grimfiend.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Bafflingly, there is no Goon LP of Saints Row: Gat Outta Hell.
At least none I am aware of.

I'm sure this is a long shot, but are there any non-Goon LPs of it worth a watch?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

Lampsacus posted:

I'm looking for a super long LP. Like, super long. At the detriment of quality, long.

I really enjoyed this guys playthroughs of the Bauldur's Gate games.https://www.youtube.com/user/mynameisnotlilly Combined it totals out to like 250 hours. He takes the RP of his character fairly seriously and its interesting to hear his thoughts on certain decisions he makes.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Are there any Dragons Dogma LPs?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ZeusCannon posted:

Are there any Dragons Dogma LPs?

Yes.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Gildiss's Dragon's Dogma LP is really good.

Wayne is also doing one in the Casual Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750711

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Still looking for a decent Battlefleet LPer on youtube!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think LPs on Rule the Waves are awesome. Triggerhappy is doing great. Any more LP's of this game to recommend?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, Grey Hunter did one a while back, Goons got to lay out specifications for his ships and he did his best to (un?)intentionally pervert them. They also got to make stupid rules like "No prestige loss, EVER" which caused all sorts of headaches.

Arglebargle did an LP as well.

Grey Hunter also did a Let's play of Steam and Iron, the developer's previous game. Naval Warfare Simulations took the battle engine from this game and attached a dynamic campaign system to it to create Rule the Waves.

Thats about it for SA LPs, at least until I eventually get off my duff and do the one I've been idly musing about doing.

However if you don't min cruising to foreign waters...

From the official forums there is Perseverance and Determination a Japan game being played on historical settings and Admiral's mode. Awesome stuff here, but was sadly abandoned about halfway through the game.

There is a pretty decent LP on the Paradox forums, using a custom Byzantine Empire nation. Its written more like a story and thus lacks a lot of nitty gritty detail.

This guy from the official forums does youtube LPs of the game. I've only watched bits and pieces of a few videos and it didn't hold my interest, but maybe you'd like it.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Is there any good LPs of Fatal Frame 4 or Maiden in Black Water? Could be SA or otherwise?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Ulio posted:

What are some good Paradox game LPs? I remember loving a few that I found here.

Sorry for the late reply.

Quite a few good ones, actually!

Empress Theonora played through CK2->Vicky 2 as Byzantium, varying the storytelling through the years. Probably the current gold standard for narrative in a Paradox LP on this forum.

ZearothK did CK2->Vicky 2 as the Hansa, currently continuing it on in Rimworld. Features a few CYOA segments. It's pretty great.

You already saw Ofaloaf's GothLP recommended, check it out, he's playing as the goths starting in Attila: Total War. Ofaloaf is insane when it comes to developing cultural melting pots and place names, so look forward to that. Also, yeah, hope you like Romes.

Mr. Morgenstern had recently finished the CK2 leg of his Afghanistan LP, featuring his own homebrew Plague mod almost a year before Reaper's Due came out.

Those should be enough to get you started!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well, Grey Hunter did one a while back, Goons got to lay out specifications for his ships and he did his best to (un?)intentionally pervert them. They also got to make stupid rules like "No prestige loss, EVER" which caused all sorts of headaches.

Arglebargle did an LP as well.

Grey Hunter also did a Let's play of Steam and Iron, the developer's previous game. Naval Warfare Simulations took the battle engine from this game and attached a dynamic campaign system to it to create Rule the Waves.

Thats about it for SA LPs, at least until I eventually get off my duff and do the one I've been idly musing about doing.

However if you don't min cruising to foreign waters...

From the official forums there is Perseverance and Determination a Japan game being played on historical settings and Admiral's mode. Awesome stuff here, but was sadly abandoned about halfway through the game.

There is a pretty decent LP on the Paradox forums, using a custom Byzantine Empire nation. Its written more like a story and thus lacks a lot of nitty gritty detail.

This guy from the official forums does youtube LPs of the game. I've only watched bits and pieces of a few videos and it didn't hold my interest, but maybe you'd like it.

hell loving yes

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kayten posted:

Sorry for the late reply.

Quite a few good ones, actually!

Empress Theonora played through CK2->Vicky 2 as Byzantium, varying the storytelling through the years. Probably the current gold standard for narrative in a Paradox LP on this forum.

ZearothK did CK2->Vicky 2 as the Hansa, currently continuing it on in Rimworld. Features a few CYOA segments. It's pretty great.

You already saw Ofaloaf's GothLP recommended, check it out, he's playing as the goths starting in Attila: Total War. Ofaloaf is insane when it comes to developing cultural melting pots and place names, so look forward to that. Also, yeah, hope you like Romes.

Mr. Morgenstern had recently finished the CK2 leg of his Afghanistan LP, featuring his own homebrew Plague mod almost a year before Reaper's Due came out.

Those should be enough to get you started!

Your own LP is also pretty good, especially the narrative parts.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

davidHalestorm posted:

Is there any good LPs of Fatal Frame 4 or Maiden in Black Water? Could be SA or otherwise?
This SA MotB run started a bit rough but they sort out the technical issues later. And the players are adorable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_qT53V45aI&list=PL_1b2gVsAdQoGUGBMJ1KE08ZvK1ei08L2

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Thanks for the recommendation, I watched the first 4 episodes, the guy whose playing this, his loud as voice is giving me a headache, man and I don't even think it's because he's actually screaming but it seemed his audio is mixed louder than the game and his wife for some reason.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I'd offer my own but it only got halfway through and you can't recommend yourself ;)

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I looking for some more LPs similar to Doctor Kill's Let's Play Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask super wrong and the Majoras mask randomizer.

I think its specifically the aspect of being interesting/informative the whole way through. There's no down time where people are just trying to think of the next joke.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lethemonster posted:

I looking for some more LPs similar to Doctor Kill's Let's Play Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask super wrong and the Majoras mask randomizer.

I think its specifically the aspect of being interesting/informative the whole way through. There's no down time where people are just trying to think of the next joke.

Proooooooooobably not the kind of informative you're looking for, but: Meccaprime's Link's Awakening LP is fantastic. You always learn something as he plays. :q:

For a real rec, watch any of the other Zelda LPs by Meccaprime, they're all actually informative and good watching.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Proooooooooobably not the kind of informative you're looking for, but: Meccaprime's Link's Awakening LP is fantastic. You always learn something as he plays. :q:

For a real rec, watch any of the other Zelda LPs by Meccaprime, they're all actually informative and good watching.

Seconding what Strix here has said. There's also the option of Bobbin Threadbare's stuff, particularly the Deus Ex vids. Very informative and rather relaxing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

DrKirre posted:

Seconding what Strix here has said. There's also the option of Bobbin Threadbare's stuff, particularly the Deus Ex vids. Very informative and rather relaxing.

Oh! Informative in the style of Bobbin's LPs, eh? They're great, so -

Deus Ex LP by Bobbin Threadbare - probably one of the finest LPs on the subforum. Has informative lectures all the way through the series on all kinds of topics. He did one in a similar style for Bioshock Infinite but I don't like Bioshock so I haven't been through it yet. He just finished an LP as well: LA Noire with informative lectures after eps again.

For a different LPer: Geop's Assassin's Creed LPs are legit educational and fun to watch. Assassin's Creed II.

And finally, to learn more but in the adventure game genre with a different LPer - Bacter's Laura Bow LPs are great. Laura Bow and the Colonel's Bequest + Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra.

There is a surprising amount of legit educational LPs in the archives. I mean, one more example, of a screenshot LP this time: Wanna learn about the Soviet Union? Enjoy KGB, a horribly cruel little adventure game LPed by two knowledgeable folks!

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?

StrixNebulosa posted:

And finally, to learn more but in the adventure game genre with a different LPer - Bacter's Laura Bow LPs are great. Laura Bow and the Colonel's Bequest + Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra.

I'll give a general seconding to Bacter's Laura Bow LPs. The first in particular's one of my absolute favorites and I really wanna see more creative presentation and storytelling in LPs like he pulled off!

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Hey can someone recommend me some lp's I like comedy let's plays that can be video or picture such as the Mercenaries 2 Lp. Additionally I loved Wiz grand strategy lp's and grey war in the pacific and his other stuff. I keep hearing about a lp about some space game (andromeda maybe?) that people enjoyed but I haven't been able to find.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Tiger Crazy posted:

I keep hearing about a lp about some space game (andromeda maybe?) that people enjoyed but I haven't been able to find.

That game is Aurora, semi-famous as the "Dwarf Fortress" of space 4X games. bgreman has been running a participatory LP of it for about four and a half years now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Tiger Crazy posted:

Hey can someone recommend me some lp's I like comedy let's plays that can be video or picture such as the Mercenaries 2 Lp. Additionally I loved Wiz grand strategy lp's and grey war in the pacific and his other stuff. I keep hearing about a lp about some space game (andromeda maybe?) that people enjoyed but I haven't been able to find.

The funniest LP I have ever seen: Saints Row 2. I've yet to find another LP in the archive that makes me laugh quite as hard.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tiger Crazy posted:

If you like comedy, you may like the Men Drinking Coffee catalogue: https://www.youtube.com/user/MenDrinkinCoffee

Any one of their playlists is good, but I don't think they are posting threads on SA any more.

Also the funniest recentish LP I can think of is Highschool Dreams, which is much better than it sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otkc686OE3U&list=PL5gsRyzQ-k8MM7TA5tA797a6LCKY6xGbJ

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

StrixNebulosa posted:

The funniest LP I have ever seen: Saints Row 2. I've yet to find another LP in the archive that makes me laugh quite as hard.

Seconding that, this LP is comedy gold.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Angry Lobster posted:

Seconding that, this LP is comedy gold.

Only problem is that episode 21 has been falsely copyright claimed by "SME". Bummer. :(

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Only problem is that episode 21 has been falsely copyright claimed by "SME". Bummer. :(

It's still working on my end?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Didn't that LP have a whole array of copyright issues? I thought it was the Saints Row LP that had a special "Antarctica-Safe" episode. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

It's a shame we can't have fun with these things, isn't it?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

StrixNebulosa posted:

On my end,it says that it's been blocked in my country by SME. Maybe it's because I live in Canada?

TheDarkFlame posted:

Didn't that LP have a whole array of copyright issues? I thought it was the Saints Row LP that had a special "Antarctica-Safe" episode. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Indeed,it was the SR2 LP. And Youtbe thinks that Finland,Norway,and all of those little European nations are part of the Antarctic landmass. Because Google.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 15, 2016

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

On my end,it says that it's been blocked in my country by SME. Maybe it's because I live in Canada?

That would be it. I'm in America.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

Ah whoops, sorry, I've known about that one for a while but never got around to fixing it. I can sort that out this weekend.

StrixNebulosa posted:

TheDarkFlame posted:

Didn't that LP have a whole array of copyright issues? I thought it was the Saints Row LP that had a special "Antarctica-Safe" episode.

Yeah that was us and yeah videos usually get blocked on a per country basis. It's kind of a crapshoot and some of the copyright notices didn't start rolling in until long after the video had already been put up. That classic rock station will be my downfall but it's the best radio station by far so I don't really regret it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

That is indeed the LP that had the "banned in Antarctica" episode, with "Antarctica" somehow encompassing various European countries.

Open world games like Saints Row and GTA tend to get a lot of content ID matches due to all the licensed music on the radio. Turning the radio off is always an option, of course, but the music is such a big part of these GTA-likes that you kinda lose something if you disable it. Besides, even that won't always help, because I've had a couple of copyright claims on songs that have been barely audible in the background during cutscenes.

e:fb many times

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Absolutely. It's not worth showing off Saints Row 2 if you can't be blasting classic rock or lovely metal the whole time. There are a lot of songs I can't hear without thinking about running swathes of people over in an underground shopping mall.