Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
'75 EB2 but it's a wierd cross over build because it's got the unicorn horn strut tops that were supposed to be 73-74 only, so basically 74 only in the US as far as practicality goes, as well as the older alternator. A '77 will basically be the same car but two stalks on the column instead of dash lights and wipers, the less obscene strut tops, and a Keihin 2bbl carb if a 1200 instead of the Hitachi. Intake manifold bolt spacing is different for the Keihin so it's an identical manifold just with the different studs so the two don't readily play nice unless doing carb/manifold together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man.

Ohhhhhhhh maaaaaaaan.

https://youtu.be/NQE1Q1NILfQ

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

:wink:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
More like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SwlMohRng

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

That was easily the loudest, hardest, and fastest I have ever seen the coffee shop window that faces into the yard next to the porch get slammed shut.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SEXY TIME

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

That was easily the loudest, hardest, and fastest I have ever seen the coffee shop window that faces into the yard next to the porch get slammed shut.

Because you had the stereo up and it starts with a loud, piercing shriek? Or because you recoiled in horror so hard from the bad joke that you fell over and hit the ground, and they thought that maybe you had finally OD'd (on whatever they mentally think you do) and that closing the windows gave them plausible deniability?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Because you had the stereo up and it starts with a loud, piercing shriek? Or because you recoiled in horror so hard from the bad joke that you fell over and hit the ground, and they thought that maybe you had finally OD'd (on whatever they mentally think you do) and that closing the windows gave them plausible deniability?

Nah I had my phone volume maxed and I finished the whole thing.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something intriguing about a well-read open mineed self professed theater geek that catches my eye and makes me want to build a castle on those huge tracts of land. I mean, I always have had quite the passion for drama.

I liked how tinder didnt bother with any of their usual little helpful ice breaker "tell a funny story that you know" type bullshit. They skipped straight to the "Sir, it will forever be my honor to have met you" *heels click stiff salute final showdown musical score begins to crecendo*

Besides, ice breaking is a walk in the park when it's got RMS Titanic stenciled across its bow.

And with introductions made using just one plagiarized line pretty much verbatim camouflaged amongst slightly warmed over rehashed previous material like any true author, we wait and see if the bait is taken or if they wind up being totally normal and see through the ruse and then through the broken man child on the other end.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
So...uh...ever been to Nebraska?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys are going to have beautiful babies.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Statistical probability proves that it's not insanity to endlessly repeat actions or behaviors or scenarios that had previously ended in failure, you're just playing the long game in wait of that statistically guaranteed deviant from the norm.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Gambler's Fallacy

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
On the other hand she enjoys Bukowski

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Gambler's Fallacy

Well its got phallus in its name, and I got that T shirt saying I gambled and won when I finished that 38 ounce steak at AJ Spurs just outside Solvang (Strongly recommend to any Cali goons who may pass nearby, I would just as strongly not count on winning again as the following morning's odds are stacked heavily in favor of the house meat sweats), so yeah I see no reason we can't just run another round once we finish the research and testing phase on any subjects not found to be within operating specifications.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Uggghhh wanna go out and finish up the Honda but it hasn't started raining yet so i cant

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Wait scratch that if I had actually gotten up and turned the light on rather than assembling tie rods in bed by flashlight like a normal person I'd have noticed I can in fact now go outside and lay on my back in the gutter and work on the car

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Seems I lost both the 12 shallow and deep, good thing I dot need those too often on a classic Honda with clearance and packaging constraints *concerningly unsteady laugh*

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Go ahead and add every possible variation or form of 10mm I own to the milk carton

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dear lord, I know we don't always see eye to eye. We don't talk much at all except when I need something. I am not a good friend, and I want to do better. All I ask is that this steering rack bolt inside the subframe channel is merely gunked in with age and not because it was torqued to yield. There are children present, and I really do not want to go to jail for the things I would then be forced to do. Hail Satan, amen.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

All that you ask, shall come to pass. The house of Isaac shall rule all mankind.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know whether or not I should go back to the instructors who guided and taught me my trace and punch them in the loving mouth for knowing the lies they told and the path they set forth for me, or run sobbing into arms I know will be waiting outstretched and just cry, cry into that comforting embrace because somebody finally understood what I needed most.

He's going the distance
He's probably on speed
That dude needs to chill
Maybe smoke some weed

His heart's racing and pacing and madly off course
It's clearly dead but he's still beating on that horse
The wrench is loving gone and he needs it of course
He's swearing and crying and his heart fills with remorse

He's going the distance
He's probably on speed
He's going that distance.....?

"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

The Devil replied, "lol cuz I make it RAIN, bitch"

Really do not have time to waste wondering how the automatic hatch motor in the camaro works again with the fuse removed after blowing.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 15, 2016

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Really do not have time to waste wondering how the automatic hatch motor in the camaro works again with the fuse removed after blowing.

"Your Camaro has a WHAT!?" He said, incredulously.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well it did, then it didnt, now it does again I guess. None of my business how or why, mind you

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I don't know whether or not I should go back to the instructors who guided and taught me my trace and punch them in the loving mouth for knowing the lies they told and the path they set forth for me, or run sobbing into arms I know will be waiting outstretched and just cry, cry into that comforting embrace because somebody finally understood what I needed most.
Do not set your face in anger at those charged in your instruction. They were bound to their charge and did not have the luxury of free will.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Figured out where the power came from. Camaro managed to coast to a stop in front of a bus stop in the rain after it died without warning and then had no brake assist trying to slow down, so I guess we can close that case

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

Do not set your face in anger at those charged in your instruction. They were bound to their charge and did not have the luxury of free will.

They told me with a straight face that I'd make good money with a well respected trade in high demand and even spoke praisingly of the opportunities that book time granted to those who were fast and good. They either did so with malice and bitterness in their hearts, or because they knew a cubicle job for me would somehow, somewhere involve the term 'active shooter.'

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sure would be nice if I had any tools or testing equipment out here in the rain halfway between my place and the Gremlin's

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I roll like that :whatup:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I am done loving around.

I finally have everything I need to finish.

And I look to the sky just before I die.

IT'S THE LAST TIME I WILL

loving GET SOME

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
loving bitch rear end pussy of a storm of the century gets scared back off the coast by some loving retarded neanderthal with a grinder aimed at his nutsack lol

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I will walk into a court while erect, screaming "Yes!
I am guilty motherfuckers, I am death."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

loving bitch rear end pussy of a storm of the century gets scared back off the coast by some loving retarded neanderthal with a grinder aimed at his nutsack lol

But Al Roker is on the east coast?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At first I thought "that tarp is protecting 14 from the street grime" and then I realized that no, it's intended to protect the street from the 14 grime.

And yet, the rainbow sheen of grease and confrontational denial still coils away off the tarp, a reminder of the Universal Law of Conservation of Filth: it is impossible to make something clean without making something else dirty.

Why, Lord, were there only one set of footprints in the sand?
Because, my son, you left slicks with every footstep, and I was stuck miles back down the beach rescuing oiled seabirds.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It finally clicks. You channel Hunter S. Thompson so much, yet you are not at all like him; rather, you are John Constantine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4u_Llq6QbA

The devil's got your name, son, but you found a loophole: despite your bloody-mindedness, filthy habits, and dangerous habit of seeking out the most troubled cars for exorcism rites, you're willing - eager, even - to sacrifice for someone, even if they don't deserve it. So Lucifer will just have to wait.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 16, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He speaks the universal language, it checks out

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That clip cuts too early... the devil pulls out his cancer so he can stay alive (and sin some more) rather than lose him to heaven.

Should check out the original comics, if you're in to that sort of thing. The guy is a very entertaining rear end in a top hat jerk with a haunted past who fucks around constantly but would die to save someone without hesitation even though he knows he's going to hell.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nah I know who Constantine is and that's easily one of my more favored interpretations of the Morning Star Himself. I'd just never made that comparison before and its been a while since I saw it so as soon as I saw him on his way up I was like man I'd totally be gIving the devil the bird and bam there it was.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Leperflesh posted:

And yet, the rainbow sheen of grease and confrontational denial still coils away off the tarp

:ssh: the tarp is downhill from the rainbow goodness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

At first I thought "that tarp is protecting 14 from the street grime" and then I realized that no, it's intended to protect the street from the 14 grime.

And yet, the rainbow sheen of grease and confrontational denial still coils away off the tarp, a reminder of the Universal Law of Conservation of Filth: it is impossible to make something clean without making something else dirty.

Why, Lord, were there only one set of footprints in the sand?
Because, my son, you left slicks with every footstep, and I was stuck miles back down the beach rescuing oiled seabirds.

No wonder it was so slippery.

• Locked thread