Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Unfortunately no. I like scout rifles, and you have a solid one, but they're hard to use when drag-snipers can kill your long range game and almost everything else will meet or beat you closer.

If you like it though go ahead. It can only make you better to learn how to make it work.

This is the only scout I use, and just on a few maps, it was the one sold during IB

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
so what makes the warlock opium gauntlets so good?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Oovee posted:

Crazy boss dps because of faster reloading for all of your weapons. Amazing for pvp because of the how fast you can switch weapons and reload.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Oovee posted:

They replace all gloves, fast reload for every weapon plus melee attack speed and throw distance or something else i forget.

Like they don't do anything crazy awesome but they do a lot of cool stuff that adds up.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Did my first ever Raid which ended up being Vault of Glass and it was tremendous fun, thanks very much to the american goons I played with!

Yeah, it was a blast! Wish they would have let me push you off when you were afk though. ;)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Oovee posted:

All your weapons gain QuickDraw, you get fast reload on all guns, you get increased grenade distance perk AND fast melee perk simultaneously, and you get Voidwalker's The Hunger perk for free.

Literally the most used exotic for Warlocks across all subclasses in Trials last week.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh yeah gently caress I need those gloves.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My gameplay from trials this week: https://youtu.be/yTdHBmR1TOY

Very good map for lightning nades. Lots of good spots.

Wasn't a huge fan of this map last time but im enjoying it more now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I spent five minutes in a raid tonight trying to explain why the gloves are so good to a guy, he insisted they weren't anything special.

:iiam:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
probably a pve only dude
:ms:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

My gameplay from trials this week: https://youtu.be/yTdHBmR1TOY

Very good map for lightning nades. Lots of good spots.

Wasn't a huge fan of this map last time but im enjoying it more now.

Nice dude.

My run was a bit poo poo this week. Got 7 wins but ran into some sweats after, one team with meth cat emblems etc and then we ran into djgray and sfuzions on their stream.

I still went positive and we took a few rounds off them at 4-0 down to make a game of it but couldnt get any further.

Gonna give it another push tonight.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are bullethoses still good? finally got a soulstealers claw. red dot oes/oas, smallbore, snapshot, rangefinder (or feeding frenzy i guess)

not doing any crucible tonight but i just killed some mobs and it seems pretty sweet. great chroma colorways too. made it green.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I remember seeing OA in the datamined poo poo before TTK and saying, oh good, Quickdraw wasn't OP enough on Bladedancers, let's give it to Warlocks too but better and on all subclasses.

Poor Titans don't get any of the good poo poo. :negative:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is a shadestep for all subclasses not the least bit good? And having Juggernaut which synergies really well with the new shotgun meta? I'm not saying Titans have it good, they still need a lot of work. But do they really have nothing?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ularg posted:

Is a shadestep for all subclasses not the least bit good? And having Juggernaut which synergies really well with the new shotgun meta? I'm not saying Titans have it good, they still need a lot of work. But do they really have nothing?

Twilight was neat. Juggernaut is kind of dumb and shouldn't exist and is also subclass specific. I was mostly speaking on exotics though. We've got Twilight as the most unique and powerful thing, Armamentarium is neat but boring, and I guess Ruin Wings tho they basically gave everyone that with the raid gloves.

I was mostly being silly but Titans are pretty solidly the least loved class as far as game balance goes. We never even got blink.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Titans are pretty solidly the least loved class as far as game balance goes.

loving agreed, Titans need balance love in the form of being nerfed into oblivion.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just did a Sepiks Perfected strike where the fallen were replaced with Hive and that was the most enjoyable surprise.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Ularg posted:

I just did a Sepiks Perfected strike where the fallen were replaced with Hive and that was the most enjoyable surprise.

Randomness in strikes was one of the good additions to the game in the Taken King.

I only hate it on the Cell of Ancients because the taken version is much harder than the normal version. Strange enough, the nightfall is afected, you can get a taken version of the current nightfall, that even more strange, is easier than the normal one (!?).

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

There's a buff gay dude sized hole in my destiny right now.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Waaahmbulance Chaser posted:

There's a buff gay dude sized hole in my destiny right now.

Christ it's been like 7 hours

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Twilight was neat. Juggernaut is kind of dumb and shouldn't exist and is also subclass specific. I was mostly speaking on exotics though. We've got Twilight as the most unique and powerful thing, Armamentarium is neat but boring, and I guess Ruin Wings tho they basically gave everyone that with the raid gloves.

I was mostly being silly but Titans are pretty solidly the least loved class as far as game balance goes. We never even got blink.

Dunemarchers are pretty good as well, and basically a straight upgrade over the equivalent hunter exotic.

Brine fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 15, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Brine posted:

Dunemarchers are pretty good as well, and basically a straight upgrade over the equivalent hunter exotic,

I haven't tried them yet. I really should do that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Obsurveyor posted:

Yeah, it was a blast! Wish they would have let me push you off when you were afk though. ;)

Clear jealousy over my tremendous leap across the void to the secret gate!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CheeseFactory posted:

I haven't tried them yet. I really should do that

Dunemarchers are great, you really feel the extra turning speed and can watch yourself catch up and pass people while sprinting.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Vault of glass is still one of the most enjoyable and well-made set pieces for a raid. It's a perfect amount of teamwork and variety too. It's fun to drunk-raid and honestly if there are any newcomers to this game on Xbox one message Meatbishop and we will gladly group together to take you through it. It's like a 30 minute bag of fun these days.

I'd say for newcomers doing crota raid one time is worth it. It's very easy and there are some cool parts you only see in that raid. The boss fight is stupid simple these days too.

Kings fall is hard for a newcomer and quite tedious but definitely doable in 45-1hr for a group on normal. I think people are pretty burnt out on it though. If someone really would like to do it we could probably amass the black spindle/Touch of Malice crew for a Friday night sometime.

Tl/dr newcomers hit us up because there's a ton of fun to be had with old content and it's pretty easy for the bone krew to help you experience it these days.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd love to see a rebuilt VoG. Scooping up bombs from the cleansing plate and slam dunking them into oracles would be a fun mechanic.

Plus it would fix people cheesing the fight from the cliff.

And since VoG is apparently an open hole for anyone that wants in these days, a taken and siva variant would be swell too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
really, bungie?

http://i.imgur.com/yvDfDfU.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/oOndFxT.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 15, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doing the 4th terminal in the raid is loving painful when one of your fireteam is blackout drunk.

We did do it but it was by far the hardest fight in the entire raid.

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013
Pretty good video/post about how to cover the Supercharged mechanic, which will likely come into play for hard mode.

TLDRW
Empowered in left, mid(back), right. (Right always covers slamming of midfront).
Supercharged plate is never the same side he teleports to.
Mid empowered covers right supercharge plate if he teleports midfront.
Supercharge first before slamming (probably the hardest thing to coordinate).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/57ki0b/aksis_supercharge_mechanic_explained_and/

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the only subclass that really benefits from being able to super on every mini-dps phase is gunslinger so right now it's just wasted effort

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I doubt supercharge will be important for hard mode, but it might be used for challenge mode.

Remember oryx had no choreography changes. No reason yet to think Bungie will keep that a trend but there's also no reason to think they'll change it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

xzzy posted:

I doubt supercharge will be important for hard mode, but it might be used for challenge mode.

Remember oryx had no choreography changes. No reason yet to think Bungie will keep that a trend but there's also no reason to think they'll change it.

That's not technically true. Oryx changed the meta choreography, but only because people weren't doing the fight the way Bungie expected them to. The way people worked out the fight went something like "do four bomb phases, run from air strikes" to "do four bomb phases, no knight, run from airstrikes," to "do one bomb phase with all bombs, do shades instead of airstrikes."

They actually admitted that no knight strat was a completely novel and different way to play the encounter than they had ever thought of.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
no knight was wholly unneccesary though. there was no reason to do it if you could kill the knights.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The pieces of the fight didn't change either. You don't need supercharge to win. You always needed bombs to kill Oryx.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

no knight was wholly unneccesary though. there was no reason to do it if you could kill the knights.

It was necessary when hm first dropped since most groups were to low to kill them reliably.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

boz posted:

It was necessary when hm first dropped since most groups were to low to kill them reliably.

git gud skrub

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I've totally drawn a blank... What was the no Knight strat again? I forget how and why it was done.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

el B posted:

I've totally drawn a blank... What was the no Knight strat again? I forget how and why it was done.

you wouldn't kill the ogres until right before oryx's stun duration was up, so the knights would be killed by the bombs instead of players.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

Weaken the ogres, let them wander around, kill them at the last possible moment.

Also, if anyone was wondering, Destiny doesn't work in PSVR's cinema mode, the FOV is too low for a display that fills your entire view (or even the alternate smaller mode).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Snostorm posted:

Pretty good video/post about how to cover the Supercharged mechanic, which will likely come into play for hard mode.

TLDRW
Empowered in left, mid(back), right. (Right always covers slamming of midfront).
Supercharged plate is never the same side he teleports to.
Mid empowered covers right supercharge plate if he teleports midfront.
Supercharge first before slamming (probably the hardest thing to coordinate).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/57ki0b/aksis_supercharge_mechanic_explained_and/

The hardest part of the raid is getting people to stop saying 'mid'. It's back and front. And honestly you don't even need to call for front, right/left can always cover it in the first round, and whoever would be covering his current spot can cover front in round two or three. Never really need to call empowered for anything other than left/front/back.

• Locked thread