Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Aredna posted:

As long as you don't use gigs of data per month on video ads and require that for a "doubler" like Egg Inc, I'm greatly looking forward to this.

Downloaded this - load screens are insane due to having to hit the server every time which is annoying. There seems to be a sort of guild system in there at some point based on the UI and chat system area. Is this something going and is there a goon guild? And if so we might as well start another thread, even if short lived, for people to post codes in. I just assume I'm not far enough through the tutorial to unlock it. Or maybe I just am making a bad assumption.

Re: goon guild. Its 400 obsidian to make a guild. I'm at 250 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Soda Dungeon would be a lot better if it had the ability to actually maintain a game when you switch away from the app instead of constantly restarting.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Aredna posted:

As long as you don't use gigs of data per month on video ads and require that for a "doubler" like Egg Inc, I'm greatly looking forward to this.

Tiny Tower Anniversary Edition chews through mobile data so you might be SOL there.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
How is development on Tiny Unit 731 going?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any tips for Solitairica? It's fun but also hard. I've been using Paladin but are there any particularily good/bad classes?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Everyone agrees Monk is the easiest class.

Basically for each class it's typically easier to figure out how to make sure the health bar doesn't move than to try and heal up - but I'm sure we all beat it with each class in different ways.

That's as helpful as I can be while staying vague. Happy to give more specific tips if you want.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

~Coxy posted:

Tiny Tower Anniversary Edition chews through mobile data so you might be SOL there.

You have the option of disabling the ads in Tiny Tower and they won't use bandwidth. Does Egg Inc have the ability to do that? I don't remember.

ltkerensky
Oct 27, 2010

Biggest lurker to ever lurk.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Dan the Man is really loving good, guys. So good. It's hugely, bigly good. I can't put it down and will be sad when the story mode is over.

Also jump kicking is absolutely the best, I feel like I win the game with that alone.

Yay! So glad you like it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sorcery question. If you didnt do the thing in 3, would you still get cursed in 4?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sorcery question. If you didnt do the thing in 3, would you still get cursed in 4?

You mean if you did a no towers run? I think if you do that the old man gives you the option of refusing the curse.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

eeenmachine posted:

You have the option of disabling the ads in Tiny Tower and they won't use bandwidth. Does Egg Inc have the ability to do that? I don't remember.

Thanks.

FWIW I don't actually have a problem with ads at all.
It's just the preloading of hundreds of megs of video that I can't afford.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Re: goon guild. Its 400 obsidian to make a guild. I'm at 250 right now.

Im playing shadow wars as well. Will post when i get a code

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

~Coxy posted:

Thanks.

FWIW I don't actually have a problem with ads at all.
It's just the preloading of hundreds of megs of video that I can't afford.

There is no way to integrate most or even all adnetworks without allowing them to precache. It sucks big time.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Re: Shadow Wars

Just got 400 Obsidian, which is enough to form a guild.

I'm giving 24 hour notice. If you already have formed a guild and are a goon just poast to let us know. Otherwise I'll form a new guild sometime tomorrow.

Thanks to Exmond, we now know there are two "goon squad" guilds out there.

So Shadow War players I need the following from you:

1) A good drat name (I suggested Awful -- which would be Awful Syndicate; this is an uninspired name)

2) Vote for the color of the units that you want to see boosted. Ie our guild faction.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Just got 400 Obsidian, which is enough to form a guild.

I'm giving 24 hour notice. If you already have formed a guild and are a goon just poast to let us know. Otherwise I'll form a new guild sometime tomorrow.

Thanks to Exmond, we now know there are two "goon squad" guilds out there.

So Shadow War players I need the following from you:

1) A good drat name (I suggested Awful -- which would be Awful Syndicate; this is an uninspired name)

2) Vote for the color of the units that you want to see boosted. Ie our guild faction.

Can our name be Goonamancers?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I posted in the Android thread asking as well about it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191&pagenumber=214#post465308960

There are 2 guilds that look like they may be related to us. I'll join GoonSwarm first in case someone wants to try the other.

I can use my gems if you want as I have nearly 1000 saved up right now. I'm more than happy, and would prefer, to pass leadership if it's possible.

It looks like we need to select a faction based on the color of gems, but I haven't found much related to the background stories for each yet. I did notice every guild (all 5 of them) recruiting on the sub-reddit was going white so would suggest we don't do that as it. I'd guess most guilds go for Black/Purple(?) or White as they relate to the games name.

My opinion was green to match our frog, but don't care all that much if others have an opinion - or even better story info to base something on.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

ltkerensky posted:

Yay! So glad you like it.

Yes - thanks for Dan the Man - it hits sweet spot for me. Now, how do I grab enemies. And gently caress the water cannon boss with his damnable dog-gun.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

porktree posted:

Yes - thanks for Dan the Man - it hits sweet spot for me. Now, how do I grab enemies. And gently caress the water cannon boss with his damnable dog-gun.

Hit them then just walk into them. Also the water gun dog boss is easy as pie. Just keep hitting his head. The water cannon is easy to avoid, and the dogs are only a minor annoyance. If you haven't bought the double-jumpkick yet you cannot win the game.

That final boss was insane though. Just insane.

ltkerensky
Oct 27, 2010

Biggest lurker to ever lurk.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Hit them then just walk into them. Also the water gun dog boss is easy as pie. Just keep hitting his head. The water cannon is easy to avoid, and the dogs are only a minor annoyance. If you haven't bought the double-jumpkick yet you cannot win the game.

That final boss was insane though. Just insane.

Yup, just walk into them. Hitting them first helps, because you stun lock them and then they are easier to grab without getting hit. There are some enemies (shield enemies, for example) that cannot be grabbed, but most can.

As for the water gun boss (we call him... ROBORIOT!), the trick is to jump and land on the "trunk" and then hit it on the head. It does a "hose" spinning attack when you are there, so watch out for that.

I think the bosses' names do not show up anywhere, but my internal name for the final boss is TEH PIECEMAKER!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How is Civilisation Revolution 2? Is it as good as the first Civ Rev on consoles? Any other turn-based strategy games that's good for my iPad Mini 4?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aredna posted:

I posted in the Android thread asking as well about it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191&pagenumber=214#post465308960

There are 2 guilds that look like they may be related to us.

I find Light and Water the most practical colors.

Dhuul the starter water tank is my go to unit and usually ends up damaged and needs cooldown reduction.

Helle and Eustace are must have units given how they don't have weaknesses and can steamroll/burst everything down.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 14, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
No talk, at all, about Bullet Hell Monday?

What the heck guys?

Go download that poo poo right now!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'd rather shove my phone into my bladder through my urethra than play any kind of bullet hell game

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

EzEight posted:

I find Light and Water the most practical colors.

Dhuul the starter water tank is my go to unit and usually ends up damaged and needs cooldown reduction.

Helle and Eustace are must have units given how they don't have weaknesses and can steamroll/burst everything down.

I'm inclined to agree.

For those who don't know guilds do the following things:

-) Choice of guild's color allows you to get perks for units of that color. For example, reduced cooldown on injured Blue units (faster healing) if you belong to and unlock the appropriate perk in the ESD syndicate. Another perk is a bonus to experience/faster leveling.

-) Guild levels go up to 5.

-) Guild turn Raw Cocaine er ... Arc Dust into ... Arc Tablets which can be used to buy units and artifacts if you are lucky enough to get a special screen after a battle. Arc "Gel Caps" (Salts) are the thing you use to feed to your monsters to enhance their stats by 5% per Gel Cap not cocaine at all.

-) Guild raids coming soon

-------

Blue event unit already released. I don't have him.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
There are two days till Arc Dust pays out in my current pubbie guild now is as good a time to create a new Syndicate. Are iOS and Android on the same server?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

How is Civilisation Revolution 2? Is it as good as the first Civ Rev on consoles? Any other turn-based strategy games that's good for my iPad Mini 4?

I haven't tried it myself, so take it with a grain of salt, but from what I hear it's not very good. It's base CivRev without any of the gameplay improvements that have raised it from 'passable' to 'decent' over the years, and with fancier graphics (that cause hella slowdown).

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

I'm inclined to agree.

For those who don't know guilds do the following things:

-) Choice of guild's color allows you to get perks for units of that color. For example, reduced cooldown on injured Blue units (faster healing) if you belong to and unlock the appropriate perk in the ESD syndicate. Another perk is a bonus to experience/faster leveling.

-) Guild levels go up to 5.

-) Guild turn Raw Cocaine er ... Arc Dust into ... Arc Tablets which can be used to buy units and artifacts if you are lucky enough to get a special screen after a battle. Arc "Gel Caps" (Salts) are the thing you use to feed to your monsters to enhance their stats by 5% per Gel Cap not cocaine at all.

-) Guild raids coming soon

-------

Blue event unit already released. I don't have him.

What guild are we deciding to join, or did someone create a new goon guild?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Exmond posted:

I'll make a guild later this evening (8 hours) since no one claimed to make the Goon Squads. Also I'll throw up a tiny op to move us out of the main thread.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
Really Bad Chess is really good game

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Exmond posted:

Goonamancers guild created. We are a Water guild (also the supernatural police according to the lore so :siren:)

Blue Lives Matter. Get out and shine your nightstick.

Please

-) Indicate you are SA when joining so I can kick bots/pubbies

-) Contribute offensive police jokes

-) Click on the purple up arrow on the main Syndicate page to reach the Perks section. DO contribute coins. DO NOT contribute Obsidian or Arc (Tablets). Keep those and grow strong young Goonamancer.

-) Minor Op will be up this weekend so the main thread doesn't get annoyed. Hi guys.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Goonamancers guild created.
-) Click on the purple up arrow on the main Syndicate page to reach the Perks section. DO contribute coins.

Can you save a spot for 'Xianxia'.
I'll join after 1day 20hrs, waiting for pubbie guild ARC payout.

For perk donations, new players should donate until it hits 1k coins and get a free supply box.

At most you can get 2 supply box but to get the 2nd box you need to donate 3500 coins.

Is Long Wei event only or can we unlock him later.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Is there a level limit to join because I'm not seeing the option anywhere

OperatorAndroid
Oct 22, 2008
I joined as Operator

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

FastestGunAlive posted:

Is there a level limit to join because I'm not seeing the option anywhere

You have to hit 11.

In as Baelfael.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Looks like it's filled up already

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Shadow Wars migrate to here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794412&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post465401747

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god in Sorcery i forgot what the vial of bug oil was supposed to do since I got it forever ago, so when confronted with a bug warrior i poured the oil all over myself before the bug got to me.

it was a bug mating pheremone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Woo I beat the king as Bard in Solitairica. Alchemy is OP as gently caress.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
So I went and put Heroes of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes on my iphone 6 and there doesn't seem to be any music at all. I played it on Steam a bit so I think it's SUPPOSED to have music, and there's even a music volume bar in the settings, but no matter what I do - including restarting my phone, reinstalling the game, etc - I cannot get the app to play any of its music for me. Anyone have any idea what might be up, or if there's a better thread to ask in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

So I went and put Heroes of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes on my iphone 6 and there doesn't seem to be any music at all. I played it on Steam a bit so I think it's SUPPOSED to have music, and there's even a music volume bar in the settings, but no matter what I do - including restarting my phone, reinstalling the game, etc - I cannot get the app to play any of its music for me. Anyone have any idea what might be up, or if there's a better thread to ask in?

All the reviews mention lots of bugs so I imagine that its a bug and I wouldn't imagine its getting fixed anytime soon. I'm gonna download the game and see how it runs on my 7+ though.