Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Seconding Dungeon Warfare being really good, well worth the money. Some of the missions are super difficult though like heroes must die. I still never beat it with full lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dudes...

Dudes.

Thank you. Dungeon Warfare is incredible so far. Excellent recommendation!

I'm assuming there were a ton of posts about it a little while back? If there were, I skipped them. If I don't own a certain game, I rarely read posts about it, understandably. Currently, the only exception to that is Rimworld, because that game even sounds incredible. :allears:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tagichatn posted:

Seconding Dungeon Warfare being really good, well worth the money. Some of the missions are super difficult though like heroes must die. I still never beat it with full lives.

I had less trouble with heroes must die than I'm having with these later missions that are just big grids of minecarts with no chokepoints

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Tagichatn posted:

The Steam boards had one suggestion to just use a breeze rune on maps that have unlocks, since they can be much easier if you can actually upgrade the featured tower type (the ones that aren't are undeniably easier if you bring later tower types into the fight). By the time you're looking for more gems through experience you'll have plenty of older levels to 10-rune or do endless runs on and more effective means of decimating the hordes of goody-two-shoes.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Heroes Must Die gave me problems the first time through, but I just went back and beat it with a far from optimized setup. I used Barricade (10), Harpoon (25), Spring (25), Lightning (33), and Soul Harvester (15).

The left side I routed to cross the lower train tracks. I put harpoons along the tar south of the entrance and upgraded to lvl 3 when knights showed up. The right side I routed over the top set of tracks and then back across the bottom set.

I covered every open space I could with spring traps (mostly lvl 1, a few lvl 2). Most enemies get flung 3+ spaces by springs, so they do not have to be adjacent to tar to work.

I put 5 level 3 lightning traps just past the bottom tracks for cleanup along with the soul harvester, but just about anything would probably be better. I then made a gigantic minefield past the lightning traps to take care of the mysterious challenger.

Soul harvester was a net loss, and lightning traps never did much, so I would replace them with some good single-target damage traps.

There are a fair number of dwarves, so to deal with those either 1) drop mines on them, or 2) when a barricade hits 1 HP, repair (upgrade) it, repeating to lvl 3, then sell the lvl 3 one when it gets to 1 HP and rebuild.

I can post a screen shot if needed.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I thought of posting something longer but I would advise swapping out Harpoon and Lightning for Demon and Bolt traps - Demons for the chokepoint potential, Bolts for one part chokepoint potential and another part up to triple the killing power per activation. There is nothing sweeter than watching idiot warriors stop to fight demons right on top of the giant X that marks a spring trap and their replacements get slowly shot down by a bolt trap while the spring resets. Also the spike trap can't hurt if you can bring it along since that's an arguably even more effective means of using demon chokepoints than spring traps alone (certainly is for the right side of the map).

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This thread was crapped up with pay to play rental garbage, with treadmills, and microtrasactions up its woo hoo.

Thank yourselves for playing Dungeon Warfare and more full games for one fair price.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Junkie Disease posted:

This thread was crapped up with pay to play rental garbage, with treadmills, and microtrasactions up its woo hoo.

Thank yourselves for playing Dungeon Warfare and more full games for one fair price.

I for one actually like my gacha microtransaction treadmills, but to each their own.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

yah me too, hungry shark ftw

i did pickup that game Wayward souls from the OP though, not sure how it compares to that Dugeon Warfare thing (they look pretty alike) but its fun despite being "old"

work the balls Sally
Feb 20, 2006
Even as you read this, I'm masturbating to my own post.

DenverFentonAllen posted:

yah me too, hungry shark ftw

i did pickup that game Wayward souls from the OP though, not sure how it compares to that Dugeon Warfare thing (they look pretty alike) but its fun despite being "old"

Wayward Souls is a great action RPG roguelike game, but is nothing compared to Dungeon Warfare which is a tower defense game.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Thanks for all the dungeon warfare tips, I managed to beat heroes must die plus the no choke point minecart one. Turns out that making your own choke points works!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Paperback is a deck building word game based on the physical card game of the same name. It's pretty neat and has hotseat play, though no online multiplayer at this stage.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

How do you place your 12 free crates in dungeon warfare?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How do you place your 12 free crates in dungeon warfare?

Just use em, it will say 0 for cost

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Just use em, it will say 0 for cost

Literally everything I've tried doesn't work. Tapping, tapping and holding, dragging... Nothing.

Edit: Ok, figured it out. They should make playing 'Hook' mandatory, as it unlocks barricades. I was playing another level that kept giving me the tip of placing barricades. It looked like you could press the icon of the crate, but that was, understandably, doing nothing.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 15, 2016

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Literally everything I've tried doesn't work. Tapping, tapping and holding, dragging... Nothing.

Just tap an empty square and place a crate like a normal trap. The first 12 you place won't cost anything.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Edit: Ok, figured it out. They should make playing 'Hook' mandatory, as it unlocks barricades. I was playing another level that kept giving me the tip of placing barricades. It looked like you could press the icon of the crate, but that was, understandably, doing nothing.

Haha, yeah that confused me too. I don't know why they wouldn't have you unlock the barricade in the level where you get 12 free barricades

edit: Boy breeze rune sure does earn its name

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 15, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
iOS poster here.

Re: Shadow Wars

Exmond posted:

What guild are we deciding to join, or did someone create a new goon guild?

Goonamancers guild created. We are a Water guild (also the supernatural police according to the lore so :siren:)

Blue Lives Matter. Get out and shine your nightstick.

Please

-) Indicate you are SA when joining so I can kick bots/pubbies

-) Contribute offensive police jokes

-) Click on the purple up arrow on the main Syndicate page to reach the Perks section. DO contribute coins. DO NOT contribute Obsidian or Arc (Tablets). Keep those and grow strong young Goonamancer.

-) Minor Op will be up this weekend so the main thread doesn't get annoyed. Hi guys.

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010
Looking for a premium, buy to play, city-builder strategy game (best if there's a combat element). Medieval era is preferred but not a must.

Something like an Anno: Build an Empire or Total War Battles: KINGDOM but without the trash wait-gate elements. Hate the wait or buy coins mechanic.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

What is fun to play with just the gyroscope and at most two button clicks (meaning: not (most) first-person shooters)?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The Super Monkeyball game from a few humble bundles ago and CafeRacer aee two good choices!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

iOS poster here.

Goonamancers guild created. We are a Water guild (also the supernatural police according to the lore so :siren:)

Please

-) Click on the purple up arrow on the main Syndicate page to reach the Perks section. DO contribute coins. DO NOT contribute Obsidian or Arc (Tablets). Keep those and grow strong young Goonamancer.

-) Minor Op will be up this weekend so the main thread doesn't get annoyed. Hi guys.

Real quick what's the level range like for people already in? I'm in goonswarm currently, i think
Once i get the payout for the week I'll switch over. Think I'm 18 right now

Great game. Gacha pull that isn't a gimmick is quite nice so far

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I'm 31 just waiting for my pubbie guild ARC payout before moving over.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I realize I'm way late, but I just found Peggle Blast on Android. I loved playing Peggle on iOS but holy hell did EA muck this one up with all the micro transaction crap. I'm now waiting to unlock level 3 (no I will not pester three Facebook friends thank you very much) and I doubt I get much farther before I just give up on it. It's a shame too because I'd gladly plunk down $10 or so to unlock the whole thing.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Here is an updated list of active players for Fallen London

Aramoro (Andrew Aitken)
Arbetor (Arbetor)
CrashLaunching (CrashLaunching)
Deemitka (deemitka)
DJCrashOverride (DJCrashOverride)
eightbitsprite (eightbitsprite)
Enzan (Enzan)
Frank Churchill (Frank Churchill)
headsupsevenup (Joseph Calia)
IAmTheRad (IAmTheRad)
Jameson Faux (Bellophon)
Ján Šilan (Ján Šilan)
Koryk (Koryk)
MPAmes2 (MPAmes2)
MrClean (Quaint Quail Quilt)
nazzy (Nazzy)
Plyem (Plyem)
Pyrflamme (Pyrflamme)
Raymond R Price (darthbob88)
Shahbash (Shahbash)
Sir Zorblack (Nathan Plunkert)
Smode (carthagomy)
SterlingS (Matt Campbell_G_50189)
Stirgrbrand (Stirgrbrand)
YggiDee (YggiDee)

Players are from this thread and from the dedicated thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3372867
Add myself under my forum name or MrClean and I'll post an updated list later in that thread.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Shadow Wars migrate to here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794412&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post465401747

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Man i remember plants v zombies before EA "remastered" it on ios

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Helical Nightmares posted:

iOS poster here.

Please

Just joined as Soonmot.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Any suggestions for recent word- or number-based puzzle games? Had a lot of fun with Word Brain, Spelltower etc in the past. Any recommendations for Sudoku apps?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

victorious posted:

Any suggestions for recent word- or number-based puzzle games? Had a lot of fun with Word Brain, Spelltower etc in the past. Any recommendations for Sudoku apps?

Did you ever play that word game with the blocky bears? Seriouspost, I just can't remember the name. You make words out of the letterzavailable on the grid, Boggle-style, thus consuming them, and the space you clear turns into bears. At the end, they use one of the words you made, offensive or not, as a madlib. It's great fun!

Edit: also, holy poo poo do I love Dungeon Warfare. My new go-to tower defense game. :allears: Best phone investment, next to 80 Days and Neo Turf Masters :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 16, 2016

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Did you ever play that word game with the blocky bears? Seriouspost, I just can't remember the name. You make words out of the letterzavailable on the grid, Boggle-style, thus consuming them, and the space you clear turns into bears. At the end, they use one of the words you made, offensive or not, as a madlib. It's great fun!

Yes I remember that one, I played the heck out of it I think about a year ago? I liked it a lot, just wondering what the latest puzzle games people are playing are.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Edit: also, holy poo poo do I love Dungeon Warfare. My new go-to tower defense game. :allears: Best phone investment, next to 80 Days and Neo Turf Masters :colbert:

Alphabear. The best was the tweet using a random word so I'd go for the most offensive ones possible.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dungeon Warfare chat:

Just loving crushed heroes must die.

Only like 10 attempts maybe. Slime + spring traps are insanely good

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Dungeon Warfare chat:

What I love is that you can self impose restrictions and find many interesting ways to crush levels.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Anyone given coin dozer haunted a try? I'm dying for a new coin dozer.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Looking for a good asynchronous multiplayer game my bros and I can play. Would love something like Magic or Hearthstone and making a game like that where you could just play your turn and then wait for the other guy to play there's seems like a no brainer but nope both of them require you to sit there and play through the whole game. Any good things out there?

Edit: I suggested X-Com: Enemy Within but they refuse to play that with me because I own at X-Com too hard.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 17, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Hey so it turns out that some levels in dungeon warfare are better than others for high scores.

This was on mines with a death gauntlet of bolts, spikes, slow traps, meat grinders and a few spinny pop up traps. Took forever but I leveled 3 times.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like the Android version of twin-stick shooter Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light got quietly re-released with HD textures and support for a lot more devices (it used to be a Sony phone exclusive for a long, long time; remember the Xperia Play?).

Also out later today is subway map themed puzzler Mini Metro. I've been looking forward to playing this one for a while.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 18, 2016

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

The Duggler posted:

Dungeon Warfare chat:

I kept reading about how hard that level was and when I finally played it yesterday I beat it on my second attempt, the key i think a lot of people miss is to use crates to direct them over as much of the rail line as possible and let the rail carts do much of the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

Also out later today is subway map themed puzzler Mini Metro. I've been looking forward to playing this one for a while.

Oh wow, I was waiting for this so long I forgot about it. Nice!