Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, just stick with NIN through to HW. The HW jobs are unlocked super early so you can start using roulettes to level DRK while progressing the main plot with your NIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you have MRD 30, I would assume you've got PLD 22 for Provoke. If not, PLD to 22 is the only detour you should take if you want to play Dark Knight.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Good to know. Thanks, guys.

One last question - what are the new + symbols next to exclamation point quest icons?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mung Dynasty posted:

Good to know. Thanks, guys.

One last question - what are the new + symbols next to exclamation point quest icons?

Unlocks a new feature in the game, some major, some minor. But basically, it just means "worth doing"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

All spots in line for merch are literally gone for the day and they haven't even opened the doors yet. I have to admit, as hype as I am for the panels and the concerts, event organization is really poo poo.

So much for trying to get the old soundtracks that they don't sell on the SE store any more.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thundarr posted:

All spots in line for merch are literally gone for the day and they haven't even opened the doors yet. I have to admit, as hype as I am for the panels and the concerts, event organization is really poo poo.

So much for trying to get the old soundtracks that they don't sell on the SE store any more.

That is a serious problem with Fanfest each time they do it, yeah. If you want exclusive/out of print merch it can be difficult from what I understand. They should really just do an online order form in advance of the event and just have pickup at the merch table instead. That way you maintain the exclusivity while not having to worry about lining up at like 3AM or whatever.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, just stick with NIN through to HW. The HW jobs are unlocked super early so you can start using roulettes to level DRK while progressing the main plot with your NIN.

As a bonus, the level 60 NIN quest is pretty sweet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From what I read here, ninja's one of the few DPS that stick to its playstyle at 60 compared to others.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope fanfest ends with Yoshi P being sacrificed on a cross while Tanaka walks on stage and reclaims his rightful place at the head of the game.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Exclusivity sucks, sell them online :D

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm in line for merchandise now. It truly is a shitshow.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

The Grimace posted:

I've kind of been beaten with this, but... the Dark Knights in their own story are vagrants who lend a hand to those who have been displaced and damned by their own society. The Warrior of Light enters Ishgard and finds an enormous cultural divide between the noble and poor castes. The Dark Knights do not originally come from Coerthas but stay in order to dispense vigilante justice, or revenge, depending on how people see it. I don't know if they actually say where they are originally from.

They actually do mention that Dark Knights originated in Ishgard, with a Knight who valued justice over his own honor or something like that starting the tradition.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

http://melodyofpromises.tumblr.com/post/151809372499/yoshida-what-the-gently caress-is-this-poo poo

Ok.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't really care about the lore either way, but the only thing there that I see as blatantly dumb is the Nael one. I don't get the controversy over the other 2.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't really care about the lore either way, but the only thing there that I see as blatantly dumb is the Nael one. I don't get the controversy over the other 2.

I don't get ANY of it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No controversy. Look at the ages given.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Brainamp posted:

FF14 managing to give important NPCs believable ages is a good thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brainamp posted:

Oh.

Yeah, that's entirely un-remarkable other than it being pretty realistic, why's that tumblr user freaking out in his comment? Bizarre.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I don't get it. Someone point out what exactly is the issue with those.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The only thing I noticed is that now I guess Nael van Darnus was always a woman?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

localization is what made nael being a man a thing

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

People who championed Nael as a transwoman / bahamut-gender-mishap are being told officially that Nael was a man and the Nael we dealt with in T9 was really Eula.

Or something like that? I only recall the ARR thread here had some people who felt /really strongly/ about the issue.

nuru fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 15, 2016

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Basically they're being told that "Nael" was always Eula, because the real Nael died before we ever got the chance to meet him in 1.0.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Tumblrs in a tizzy cuz a transwoman was actually a transman? Lol.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'll never get tired of people flipping their poo poo about "old characters" in RPGs in their 30s or 40s.

loving kids. :corsair:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Uh, yeah, you guys are looking for a controversy where there ain't one. The reaction's pretty obviously due to the whole "The Nael we knew was actually his sister posing as him, we never met the original Nael because he's dead."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only thing I know about tumbler is gifs and gay conversion therapy

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Hey, say there was a PvP weapon I really wanted. Whats the easiest way to rack up some wolf marks for it? Preferably one that doesn't involve sitting in queue for hours at a time.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Saigyouji posted:

Uh, yeah, you guys are looking for a controversy where there ain't one. The reaction's pretty obviously due to the whole "The Nael we knew was actually his sister posing as him, we never met the original Nael because he's dead."

That's the thing that made me link it, at any rate.
Doesn't it fly directly in the face of things that are said in-game?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

BrightWing posted:

Hey, say there was a PvP weapon I really wanted. Whats the easiest way to rack up some wolf marks for it? Preferably one that doesn't involve sitting in queue for hours at a time.

Do the Frontlines roulette. That'll get you a minimum of 900 marks. All but the newest tier of pvp stuff is really cheap now, so it shouldn't take too long to get it. I'd say the average time for me in queue for Maelstrom is about 30 minutes, although it depends on the time of day.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Pictures of lore book mean lorebook is out, right?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BrightWing posted:

The :lol: does not scale large enough for my reaction to this. Depending on your server sitting in queue for hours at a time for PvP is normal behavior.

That said, the only thing I can think of is to either try the PvP roulette or just resign yourself and face to bloodshed the Feast.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Klades posted:

That's the thing that made me link it, at any rate.

Maybe? I wouldn't also discount that committing mass murder and posing as your dead brother for a good chunk of your life might not be so good for someone's sanity.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Did they just accidentally reveal the red dressed-lady was Yda on stream?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Klades posted:

Well, considering everyone was lead to believe Nael was actually a man named Nael, I don't think it really contradicts anything? She was faking her identity in Garlemald.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Yes, but only at fanfest right now. The rest of us have to wait.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You can grab it at the fanfest on today, not sure if it's on the webstore yet though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Jehuti posted:

You can grab it at the fanfest on today, not sure if it's on the webstore yet though.

I didn't see it and I went looking just a second ago. Did see the Odin statue.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Jehuti posted:

You can grab it today if you were waiting in line at 3 am :orks:

E: Koji no what are you doing

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 15, 2016

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

I didn't see it and I went looking just a second ago. Did see the Odin statue.

I just got told its sold out, rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What are the prices of the book and statue?

• Locked thread