Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Patriots" is mostly shorthand for white supremacist domestic terrorists nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

bloodychill posted:

Is "patriots" really the right word for dudes who killed thousands of innocent bystanders in hospitals and is "outside threat" really the right term for American citizens? Hm.

I mean they're fighting to protect the US and US citizens from forces which most definitely originated outside US borders. Their willingness to cause collateral damage only demonstrates how deeply they believe in their cause and maybe how they're brave enough to accept the consequences. I was being a bit facetious, but it's hard to deny the statement there.

I'm hoping the Watchdogs are framed as frightened men duped into killing potentially hundreds of thoudsands of people under a heroic pretense. Maybe they're just Hydra's Mexican non union equivalent, but that isn't as interesting. I just read the Captain America arc where he steps down and US Agent dude takes over, and the Watchdogs play a pretty big role. It's not as obvious in the comics, but there's a little bit of "scared idiot" in their depiction.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The MSJ posted:

"Patriots" is mostly shorthand for white supremacist domestic terrorists nowadays.

Pretty much what I was getting at. Terrorists don't have to have to be Arab.

Here's a weird thing I noticed - if Yoyo was a Columbian national, why does she have old friends in Miami now that she relocated to LA from Columbia a year ago under Shield protection? It's not impossible, but it's implausible and feels like the writers were kind of lazy. They wanted to keep her event and Daisy's event geographically separate to avoid story cross-contamination but made her "Hispanic American Lady" in the process, which wasn't really her identity before these couple of episodes

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

bloodychill posted:

Here's a weird thing I noticed - if Yoyo was a Columbian national, why does she have old friends in Miami now that she relocated to LA from Columbia a year ago under Shield protection? It's not impossible, but it's implausible and feels like the writers were kind of lazy. They wanted to keep her event and Daisy's event geographically separate to avoid story cross-contamination but made her "Hispanic American Lady" in the process, which wasn't really her identity before these couple of episodes

I've never been to Canada and only visited America to go to Disney as a kid but I have friends both places. I have friends in parts of Europe I haven't been to as well. Real, genuine friends I've got drunk with and who's stag parties I'd attend if I was even remotely close geographically.

People move about. Is it so hard to assume other Colombian lady happened to be her friend and moved to Miami some time in the past?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

Eh, it's the same thing as her magically speaking perfect English the second episode that she appeared in.
It was kinda disappointing, because I liked Joey translating stuff from Spanish :v:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I miss Joey. Is he not around due to actor availability?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

I miss Joey. Is he not around due to actor availability?

I've not seen any official confirmation for this season, but it's certainly why he had to drop out of the last quarter of the previous one.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So what's the over/under on May and Coulson talking then shooting Ward's dog?

According to Vegas, 3.5 points. I'll take the over.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

bloodychill posted:

Well, on a quick Google search, Florida has the highest population of Columbian Americans. Yoyo and her brother were acting as revolutionaries, so it's possible they had friends who already fled the country.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mage_Boy posted:

Well, on a quick Google search, Florida has the highest population of Columbian Americans. Yoyo and her brother were acting as revolutionaries, so it's possible they had friends who already fled the country.

I wasn't aware of that first thing. That certainly makes it more plausible.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Proposition Joe posted:

A.I.M. made a fake Mandarin that pretended to be a part of the Ten Rings. The Ten Rings are a real organization in the MCU though and apparently because of a Marvel short there is a real Mandarin as well.

So, I don't know, maybe we'll get the Mandarin in Agents of SHIELD because they aren't going to be making more Iron Man movies and they're introducing magic?

RDJ has changed his position, and wants to do a 4th Iron Man.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn posted:

RDJ has changed his position, and wants to do a 4th Iron Man.

80+ million dollars made on the last one. Yeah he want's to do a 4th one.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Being offended that a Colombian would have friends in Miami is really, really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Is it possible that it was just a fun, non offensive episode, or is there some kind of mandatory quota that must be reached?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

counterfeitsaint posted:

mandatory quota

Drink!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

Being offended that a Colombian would have friends in Miami is really, really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Is it possible that it was just a fun, non offensive episode, or is there some kind of mandatory quota that must be reached?

You know there is.

From a certain point of view.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloodychill posted:

Is "patriots" really the right word for dudes who killed thousands of innocent bystanders in hospitals and is "outside threat" really the right term for American citizens? Hm.

Potatriots

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rocksicles posted:

Potatriots

Y'all Qaeda

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vanilla ISIS

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

counterfeitsaint posted:

If I sounded like I was offended, that wasn't really my intention. I mean, I guess offended by potentially lazy writing?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Ah yes, the lazy "having friends in other countries" trope. How could the writers expect us to believe that their character knows another person who lives elsewhere???

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Proposition Joe posted:

Ah yes, the lazy "having friends in other countries" trope. How could the writers expect us to believe that their character knows another person who lives elsewhere???

Talk about looking for something to get offended about...

edit:
It's merely very unlikely to have lived one's entire life in a country roughly 1000 miles from another country but have a friend there that you're close enough with to be part of their wedding party. That is, unless as someone else pointed out, part of that second country was a popular place for people from the first country to emigrate to.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 16, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Everyone likes to balk at the word offended, I guess I should replace it with 'criticize for not being progressive enough'

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Proposition Joe posted:

A.I.M. made a fake Mandarin that pretended to be a part of the Ten Rings. The Ten Rings are a real organization in the MCU though and apparently because of a Marvel short there is a real Mandarin as well.

Poor Trevor. He was a decent guy, just got mixed up with the wrong people :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
drat I really hope this rumor of Netflix and AoS crossover is true. Funny thing is that doing that would probably generate interest in AoS.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

drat I really hope this rumor of Netflix and AoS crossover is true. Funny thing is that doing that would probably generate interest in AoS.

Luke Cage and the Director having a polite chat while random people ineffectually punch them?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

The Punisher going after the Watchdogs, and the people who try to stop him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Daisy or Robbie needing to lawyer up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Daisy or Robbie needing to lawyer up.

Yeah, it's probably gonna be Foggy appearing for an episode or two. Like when Sif showed up.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

homullus posted:

The Punisher going after the Watchdogs, and the people who try to stop him.

Punisher vs Ghost Rider would be interesting. I could easily see each coming to consider the other a 'sinner' deserving to die, totally oblivious to how much alike they are.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Slashrat posted:

Punisher vs Ghost Rider would be interesting. I could easily see each coming to consider the other a 'sinner' deserving to die, totally oblivious to how much alike they are.

I think it would be more likely that they take a justice dealing road trip together.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Did Punisher and Ghost Rider team up back in the 80's or 90's? It seems like an obvious combo.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Did Punisher and Ghost Rider team up back in the 80's or 90's? It seems like an obvious combo.

I feel like I vaguely remember something like that happening.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 17, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Azhais posted:

Luke Cage and the Director having a polite chat while random people ineffectually punch them?

Luke Cage and Mack chilling out while talking about shotgun axes

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Jessica and May drinking contest.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

That's not how teaming up is supposed to work!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's not how teaming up is supposed to work!

Yes it is. :colbert:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

I'm pretty sure all Frank's team-ups end with him trying to kill the other person at some point. Even that time he became a black man and teamed up with Luke Cage I'm pretty sure he tried to kill him.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I'm pretty sure all Frank's team-ups end with him trying to kill the other person at some point. Even that time he became a black man and teamed up with Luke Cage I'm pretty sure he tried to kill him.

What? Really? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wolpertinger posted:

What? Really? :psyduck:

Frank Castle is the Pepe Le Pew of murder.

It's like...the only thing he does.

• Locked thread