Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

When artists draw Samus without her helmet, it seems like they forget how large the helmet is in comparison to the rest of suit. Those Varia Suit paldrons are supposed to be bigger than her head.

Concordat has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Jean Samus. Jamus.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Robert Denby posted:

"Shin Godzilla" is pretty good.

It super duper is, and everybody who's lucky enough to have it playing somewhere nearby should go see it.

I loving love the little googlyzilla.

And a bonus of Mikako Ichikawa's weird nerdy character in the movie, as done in the styles of a bunch of different manga artists.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm seeing it Tuesday and I'm pumped.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Waffleman_ posted:

Hell, me too

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I have no idea what that thing is

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Who What Now posted:

I have no idea what that thing is

the new godzilla

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1WmL4US_o8

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I love how immediately you can put some artists to some of the faces even if you can't read the stuff :v:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I appreciate the break on Overtale but honestly this thread has more of a problem with Underwatch than it does with Jojo. Jojo is always good and never trite.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It was showed up here for only one day and I missed it because I was waiting on payday

:smithicide:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's funny because the presentation is actually super convincing if the fakemon wasn't so bad. Someone put a lot of time into presentation but no time into the design.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Lamprey Cannon posted:

And a bonus of Mikako Ichikawa's weird nerdy character in the movie, as done in the styles of a bunch of different manga artists.

The middle one in the top row is the same drawing style found in :siren:JOJO:siren:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Araki drew other things than JoJo... hey, good point.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

the new godzilla

I'm really excited and really hope that I can catch it

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I saw it Thursday night and I loved it. Also I found the 'goofy' Godzilla form we keep seeing in fanart horrifying in motion, even though it did look a little silly in stills. The way it moves is just unsettling.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
probably :nws: http://i.imgur.com/s6iP4gJ.jpg

Somebody has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Oct 18, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please do not post naked goo-children in the fanart thread.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Araki drew other things than JoJo... hey, good point.

Wait, Araki drew BAOH? I didn't even know that was an adaptation.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Wait, Araki drew BAOH? I didn't even know that was an adaptation.

He's a secret character in All-Star Battle, too.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

This poo poo is fantastic.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kavak posted:

He's a secret character in All-Star Battle, too.

He was also pretty entertaining in that since Bao himself couldn't really talk, everything he did was shouted by a hammy disembodied narrator.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It says something, I'm not sure what, about me that I can recognize over half of the characters Nova is cosplaying in that picture.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shark Girl from the X-Men is pretty bae, though.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't remember if I got this from this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRmSsckbnI

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Can anyone put a name on the second row furthest right one and the bottom row furthest right one? I wanna say one of them is Junji Ito (Uzumaki, horror manga etc) but I'm not sure.

It's crazy how defined some artists' styles are though, you don't think about it until they're all lined up like this really. I only recognize 9 of them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought the last one was Junji Ito but that might just be because "bewildered confusion" is the natural expression of most women in his comics.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's a different horror mangaka. Second row, furthest right is whoever drew Death Note or might actually be Ito.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Foxhound posted:

Can anyone put a name on the second row furthest right one and the bottom row furthest right one? I wanna say one of them is Junji Ito (Uzumaki, horror manga etc) but I'm not sure.

It's crazy how defined some artists' styles are though, you don't think about it until they're all lined up like this really. I only recognize 9 of them.

2-3 looks a little like the Death Note style, I think. The first two kanji seem to match Obata, at that.

I honestly thought 5-3 was in Osamu Tezuka style, but the kanji doesn't agree to that like it did with Obata's.

e:f;b

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Foxhound posted:

Second row furthest right is Takeshi Obata and bottom row furthest right is Kazuo Umezu.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

PeaceDiner posted:

Second row furthest right is Takeshi Obata and bottom row furthest right is Kazuo Umezu.

Thanks, guess I was wrong. Is Umezu any good? Never read any horror manga besides Ito's stuff.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lin Beifong is the tits, Toph is the world's most okay-est mom

source is http://makanidotdot.tumblr.com

ps: thank you mod for the jojo and undertale respite

Build-a-Boar has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Oct 16, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Huh, this new rule is apparently doing a lot of good since we've got all sorts of reposts only now seeing some actual attention. I guess not digging through JoJo and Undertale does that.

Anyway, Mob Psycho 100 is a good anime.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Don't see a lot of Red Letter Media fanart. So there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Now for some explanation for the next set of pictures. See, a new Girls und Panzer manga spinoff was released recently, and a typo in the below picture:

turned the character's speech from "I'm finally here!" to I'm finalligator here!" The Internet then did what it did best.

• Locked thread