Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Chaos in the Old World is the good poo poo, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I love convincing people in real life that Luke Cage's middle name is Penelope. I'm 100% serious when I tell them this.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Can't wait for the Vernon Netflix series.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Darke GBF posted:

I love convincing people in real life that Luke Cage's middle name is Penelope. I'm 100% serious when I tell them this.

I say Patrick.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

punchymcpunch posted:

Owned! Board games are for nerds!!!!!!

I'm in Germany about to spend four days looking at board games with about 160,000 other people. It's a hard life.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Germans are a people who understand the dual meaning of board games.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Luke Cage doesn't have a middle name because it's not his real name!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lucas "Luke Cage" Cage

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Jedit posted:

I'm in Germany about to spend four days looking at board games with about 160,000 other people. It's a hard life.

To groot forces' shadowy protector, you've got 4 days

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Jedit posted:

Please test out the Dark Souls board game and tell us how bad it is

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Got Blade to 60 last night, threw my Splinters at "Random Hero" box and got Nightcrawler, I guess I could work on him or Squirrel girl as my second 60.

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
ive logged in twice in the past 10 days. Kicking the habit :/

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

Got Blade to 60 last night, threw my Splinters at "Random Hero" box and got Nightcrawler, I guess I could work on him or Squirrel girl as my second 60.

You should avoid SG unless you want to quit the game.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Or just play SG to speed up the process

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

sorry guys, no patch notes yet, gaz employees have trouble maintaining internet connections

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Grinning Goblin posted:

sorry guys, no patch notes yet, gaz employees have trouble maintaining internet connections
Turns out Ryolnir has been lurking nearby, shooting down their carrier pigeons. A man's gotta eat, after all.

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
I randomly went to marvel heroes site just to see if anything was new and was greeted with this.

What the hell is wrong with her face,is she supposed to be that ugly?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentVapor posted:

Hey folks,

This week's patch went live yesterday, which was a fairly small patch to switch us over to the A.R.M.O.R Incursion event, which is now live and will run through Thursday, October 20th at 11:59 PM (PDT). There was a minor error in patch notes that referred to next Thursday as October 21st, which has been corrected on the forum notes and should be reflected in the in-game patch notes soon. This week we also released the new Elektra Ultimate costume, which is now available in the store. You can find the patch notes for yesterday's patch here if you missed them:

Marvel Heroes 2016 1.30 Patch Notes

There will not be a patch next week as our focus turns to the major game updates currently in progress as mentioned in our developer blog series. As such, Test Center will not be updated next week. The next patch for the live servers is scheduled to roll out at the end of October. As we get closer we'll be able to share more about what will be coming to Marvel Heroes this Halloween - it may be a bit stranger than usual this year.

Regarding the Lucky Draw system, there's been a lot of discussion regarding the G coupons that can be awarded. We've been following the discussion closely and wanted to investigate the concerns you have raised before making any statements or actions. After reviewing our metrics for how these coupons have been distributed, while the rate that these coupons have been awarded falls in line with our expectations, we did find that the accounts that they were being distributed to revealed an unexpected pattern in how they were chosen. As such, we are rolling out some platform changes today to ensure that all accounts will have the same chances of receiving the possible G coupon rewards available in the Lucky Draw system. These changes should be in effect as of tomorrow's Lucky Draw for all players. We'll continue to monitor the Lucky Draw system to ensure it is serving its intended purpose of benefitting our players to the best of our ability.

Our developer blog talking about the Personal Difficulty Slider is still in progress at this time. As before, we will be posting these directly to the forum for discussion as soon as it is ready, but it will not be posted this weekend. We're working hard to bring the developer blogs to everyone while still moving towards our goal of starting to roll these changes out to Test Center around the end of October. Until then, you'll have to keep an eye on the forums for the latest news, so stay tuned.

That's wraps up this week's Friday update. Have a great weekend!
Almost sounds like the "if you haven't spent much/any money on the game you're more likely to receive the major discount coupons" tinfoil crowd might have been right.

Never change, Gaz. Or do, I guess.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

MMAgCh posted:

Almost sounds like the "if you haven't spent much/any money on the game you're more likely to receive the major discount coupons" tinfoil crowd might have been right.

Never change, Gaz. Or do, I guess.

Sounds like gaz might have realized how many of their active accounts belong to chat spambotters.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

MMAgCh posted:

As we get closer we'll be able to share more about what will be coming to Marvel Heroes this Halloween - it may be a bit stranger than usual this year. 

How... Subtle.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

quote:

After reviewing our metrics for how these coupons have been distributed, while the rate that these coupons have been awarded falls in line with our expectations, we did find that the accounts that they were being distributed to revealed an unexpected pattern in how they were chosen.

Hi guys, Yogidad here. It would be great if these coupons went to non-whale customers imo. Obviously I can't tell you to do something like that for legal reasons, but if there were to be some sort of unexpected pattern in the distribution that would be bodacious. Keep gleamin' those cubes! COWABUNGA!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I just received a 50% off coupon (so far it's been almost exclusively 5% off with one or two ten-percenters), so maybe they really did fix their poo poo. :shrug:

Well, "fix", but still.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I've gotten a 5% before, and just got a 10% today. Not gonna trick me into spending money on this game yet, Gaz.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

quote:

Our developer blog talking about the Personal Difficulty Slider is still in progress at this time. As before, we will be posting these directly to the forum for discussion as soon as it is ready, but it will not be posted this weekend. We're working hard to bring the developer blogs to everyone while still moving towards our goal of starting to roll these changes out to Test Center around the end of October. Until then, you'll have to keep an eye on the forums for the latest news, so stay tuned.

Is it really that hard to say that there is going to be a slider that makes enemies hit harder/have more health and in exchange they will drop more loot and grant more xp?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I just kept getting singular essences so I stopped logging in. Problem solved.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Grinning Goblin posted:

Is it really that hard to say that there is going to be a slider that makes enemies hit harder/have more health and in exchange they will drop more loot and grant more xp?

hi you must be new to the game/new to gaz yes its is hard ok thanks

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
They still don't know what they're actually going to do with the difficulty slider, so they're afraid to make promises they can't or won't keep.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Hobold posted:

They still don't know what they're actually going to do with the difficulty slider, so they're afraid to make promises they can't or won't keep.

if gaz was afraid to make promises they couldn't keep then ap3 would have been 4 heroes and thanos raid never would have been mentioned

gaz does a wonderful job of overpromising and then delivering whatever they can

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol I forgot about Thanos raid. Didn't ryolnir say at one point that was for this year? hahaha

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Lux Aeterna posted:

if gaz was afraid to make promises they couldn't keep then ap3 would have been 4 heroes and thanos raid never would have been mentioned

gaz does a wonderful job of overpromising and then delivering whatever they can

:thejoke:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol I forgot about Thanos raid. Didn't ryolnir say at one point that was for this year? hahaha

Red Axis has been talked about internally for about 15 minutes since Green Axis came out.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I thought after that someone at gaz said they don't want to do raids anymore they want to do more 5 man content that is also never coming out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Thanos raid was originally going to be out "before the end of the year" according to Doomsaw circa 2014

still waiting for the year to end

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You morons. It's STILL 2014. Don't you know this?? I've been signing my checks with 10/10/1014 today. Accepted every time.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I heard they're doing a solo version of that Green Mush raid? Will we see that before 2020?

That'd be neat as someone who's not done either of the raids.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They probably intend to just let it become soloable via power creep.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

it already is

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Doesn't count if you can only do it with a handful of chars in perfectly min-maxed gear. :|

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hobold posted:

Doesn't count if you can only do it with a handful of chars in perfectly min-maxed gear. :|

by that standard, it is still soloable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
So it sounds like brevik has been rehired as an advisor for gaz

https://twitter.com/davidbrevik/status/787492674102190081

• Locked thread