Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

hell yes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I was 98% sure I was going to see an Eric Wareheim production credit at the end of that video :sax:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I was 98% sure I was going to see an Eric Wareheim production credit at the end of that video :sax:

big freedia is queen diva

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsF4rm1i3CY

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

do they really still use tapes?

knuc get in here

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9DdQGjcf6w

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

man i thought i understood a bit of gay dating culture but uh

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

spankmeister posted:

That one pic of micromancer with all the guns on bed also pops up all over

it's kind of cool that we helped lay the groundwork of internet culture

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

do they really still use tapes?

knuc get in here

who is "they"?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

only good talk show

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

SmokaDustbowl posted:

who is "they"?

Japan. they do all sorts of weird eclectic stuff when it comes to tech and i wouldn't be surprised at all if they still use tape decks

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
they use faxes for basically everything still

e: daily reminder: go see shin godzilla you godless heathens

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

Japan. they do all sorts of weird eclectic stuff when it comes to tech and i wouldn't be surprised at all if they still use tape decks

my brother who most people would be hard pressed not to call a hipster (i've known him his whole life way before that word so idk) collects vhs tapes and vcrs

interesting to visit him and see like just stacks of physical media

and good poo poo too, i'm not a snob for resolution and aspect ratio i just like a good viddy

also surprisingly recent stuff, maybe it's part of being old cuz i stopped watching vhs back in the late 90s but they kept making the stuff after dvds

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Phone posted:

e: daily reminder: go see shin godzilla you godless heathens

I want to see it so bad but I'm broke and not even sure it's playing here. everyone should go see it cause I can't

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Necc0 posted:

reel to reel tapes were the original high fidelity music and afaik still outperform CDs in objective ways, of course lose in others, but it's like the "vinyl sounds good" argument times a thousand amplified when it comes to tape

it's a good format for what it is, compact cassettes tho kinda set the bar really low for what it could do

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
radio stations often used SVHS decks in the 90s for overnight recorded shows, as the fidelity was better than cassette, you couldnt fit the shows on a cart and a SVHS tape could run 8-10h or so

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
good job overanalysing and sucking the fun out of that video

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
huh what

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

SmokaDustbowl posted:

good job overanalysing and sucking the fun out of that video

yospos bithc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
atlanta is better than silicon valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpEdJ-mmTlY

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

vodkat posted:

yospos bithc

Sprawl Crew! assemble!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Jonny 290 posted:

radio stations often used SVHS decks in the 90s for overnight recorded shows, as the fidelity was better than cassette, you couldnt fit the shows on a cart and a SVHS tape could run 8-10h or so

I fuckin love carts for some reason. when i found one long after we stopped using them at my college station I kept it. I think it's kid rock or smthn

also radio loved minidisc for some reason.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

:wtc:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i am specifically not voting for anybody that has been filling my mailbox with 8x10 glossies talking about how the other guy wastes money on 8x10 glossies

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this is election fraud right

or mail fraud or something

like 100% illegal

e: yes

quote:

“Whoever… attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose… shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both,” federal law states.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sniep posted:

reel to reel tapes were the original high fidelity music and afaik still outperform CDs in objective ways, of course lose in others, but it's like the "vinyl sounds good" argument times a thousand amplified when it comes to tape

it's a good format for what it is, compact cassettes tho kinda set the bar really low for what it could do

magnetic tape is our longest-lived reasonable digital archival format

(microfilm lasts longer, but lol @ making microfilm qr codes or whatever to store digital data)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
30ips tape is a thing of beauty

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

magnetic tape is our longest-lived reasonable digital archival format

(microfilm lasts longer, but lol @ making microfilm qr codes or whatever to store digital data)

anime will last forever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFXqV237u0U

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkxHj5OVfu4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzy06Cp76hU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

that takes me back

i remember seeing tom green standing outside drew barrymore's burning mansion talking to firefighters on mtv news

guys, do you think you can solve the mystery here?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I want to see it so bad but I'm broke and not even sure it's playing here. everyone should go see it cause I can't

i'm gonna try and catch it when i go home next week but schedules gonna be tight. only one showing i could see if i don't go into toronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

its a bummer this video is so much cooler than the actual song, i hate when that happens

• Locked thread