Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Kwyndig posted:

It says something, I'm not sure what, about me that I can recognize over half of the characters Nova is cosplaying in that picture.

The real question is why he's cosplaying Trigger and Muzzle but not Spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I haven't been able to get into Red Letter Media. Every time I try and watch an entry I just get super bored and shut it down. Am I alone in thinking they need to rethink their editing?
Edit: I really need to start reading Berserk!

hazardousmouse has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Oct 16, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Raptor1033 posted:

I haven't been able to get into Red Letter Media. Every time I try and watch an entry I just get super bored and shut it down. Am I alone in thinking they need to rethink their editing?

It's okay not to like a thing that other people like.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

But it is ok for those people to like the thing that you don't?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah if it's not for you it's not for you. If you have a valid criticism that includes suggestions for improvement I'm sure the Red Letter guys would at least read it. Personally I think most of their videos are fine, but they could stand to work on their comedic timing a little.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
For me, the biggest hurdle to enjoying RLM was getting used to the Plinkett voice. It can be really uncomfortable.

Anyways, here is actually good Demon's Souls fanart

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/rvgpcIV.mp4

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Paladinus posted:

It just seems a ton of people here seem to love them and I just don't see it and think I'm missing out on some genius show. I want to like you RLM, help me like you.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Goodbye Unertale and Jojo; welcome back Dark Souls and One Punch Man

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Internet Kraken posted:

For me, the biggest hurdle to enjoying RLM was getting used to the Plinkett voice. It can be really uncomfortable.

Anyways, here is actually good Demon's Souls fanart

ha, ha ha ha ha. ha, ha ha ha ha

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Raptor1033 posted:

It just seems a ton of people here seem to love them and I just don't see it and think I'm missing out on some genius show. I want to like you RLM, help me like you.

They have several different shows and if you've just been watching one of them (like the Plinkett reviews or Half in the Bag) then it could be that show isn't for you. It's also possible none of their shows are. The Plinkett stuff has aged the worst though.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I tried to find Pororo fanart for the thread, but everything I could find was sweet, innocent and looked like it had been drawn by children for fun.

Sorry.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

huh, surprising to see something i shat out in like 5 minutes pop-up in this thread

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jesus, at first I thought someone turned my post into an image!

Dreddout posted:

BORN TO STEAL
WORLD IS A HEIST
Steal Em All 2016
I am crook man
410,757,864,530 STOLEN GEMS

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

BrigadierSensible posted:

I tried to find Pororo fanart for the thread, but everything I could find was sweet, innocent and looked like it had been drawn by children for fun.

Sorry.

How about... Haroro? (I didn't expect this fanart to exist)

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

How about... Haroro? (I didn't expect this fanart to exist)

Good. I'm glad these are a thing. In return, I found some art of the whole Running Man cast.

Also I enjoy that no matter what image, Gary always looks completely bored.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/qingyueMOON/status/787309062337630208

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Now it's time for
HOWDIDTHISGETMADE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

probably a repost but gently caress it, its still good

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Scrooge McDuck and Cranky Kong can bounce on their canes in their games and use them to cross spikes. Shovel Knight can similarly bounce on his shovel as a gameplay mechanic, and I am assuming he cannot cross spikes with it.

Rangpur posted:

Shovel Knight's crippling weakness to spikes has caused him to lose 'face' in the eyes of his fellow video game pogo'ing bros.

Thanks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
When did Crank Kong get his own game :confused:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Tropical Freeze is really good

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

When did Crank Kong get his own game :confused:

in 1981, it was called "donkey kong"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He didn't have a cane then.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

When is Funky Kong's turn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiV21WFlkgM

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hello.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Araki drew other things than JoJo... hey, good point.

Ay, thanks for posting this! I thought it looked cool so I read all of Baoh and dang that was awesome. Reminded me of Akira a little, except with Kars.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Xad posted:

Ay, thanks for posting this! I thought it looked cool so I read all of Baoh and dang that was awesome. Reminded me of Akira a little, except with Kars.

Maybe I should read it :v:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

ShadowMar posted:

huh, surprising to see something i shat out in like 5 minutes pop-up in this thread

Yeah I saw it on your twitter.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Maybe I should read it :v:

If you've played All Star Battle, everything Baoh does in that game is something he does in the series. It's got the same weird over the top horror stuff early jojo did, too.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
It's also only two volumes long, so it's pretty short.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Y'know what you don't see much of around here? Spaceships.

Of course, ponies ruin everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Delicious Dungeon(Dungeon Meshi) is easily in my top 5 manga and it's the sign of an unjust world that tripe like Kantai Collection or Oreimo are so successful while one of the most charming, well-written series ever has only a few hundred pieces of fanart, and most of them are pretty awful. The series is based around a poor group of adventurers trying to rescue one of their members at the bottom of a dungeon, and eat the denizens of the dungeon(complete with proper and detailed cooking preparations for things such as Kelpies, Mandrakes, Krakens, Basilisks and more) on their journey down. It's shockingly good and I hope it continues on for a long time.

Also unfortunate is the vast majority of the fanart is of the single female character, Marcille the elf, or the halfling, Chilchac. Very few art of Laius and Senshi, the human warrior and dwarf chef. But there's still some good stuff to be had.

when you find some naturally-growing vegetables atop a dirt golem, where will you possibly store them once it's felled?

there's very little fanart of Laius and Senshi, true...but one of those few is this loving INCREDIBLE realistic version of them

And cap it off with this cute gif

• Locked thread