Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

are you serious about it being serious? Because if so holy lol.

The text is taken from a conference full of people who had their bodies seriously warped (or erased) by some event that gave thousands of people weird powers or bodies.

And that style of nonviolent language is right out of counseling and therapy manuals. It's not that weird in context.

When you're dealing with a room full of people trying to deal with their worst traumas, you use language you wouldn't use when shooting the poo poo with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That's because I spent half an hour photoshopping children's lips. Kill me.

That's dedication.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
A new Book begins!

My reaction

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Is that a new member of the team I see? Possibly a token male character to keep /co/ from bitching about there being too many women in their comics? they will never stop bitching

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
Smaug Mammon gonna get wrecked, also new hair cut and Oscar!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Who What Now posted:

Is that a new member of the team I see? Possibly a token male character to keep /co/ from bitching about there being too many women in their comics? they will never stop bitching

That's Vladok's (spiritual) son who was taunting Cio back during the drinking contest. I forget his name but he apparently featured more prominently in the original forum version of KSBD.

Not too surprising that he'd show up but I doubt he's gonna be an ally.

e: Dhuutholmel! That's his name.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Begemot posted:

That's Vladok's (spiritual) son who was taunting Cio back during the drinking contest. I forget his name but he apparently featured more prominently in the original forum version of KSBD.

Not too surprising that he'd show up but I doubt he's gonna be an ally.

e: Dhuutholmel! That's his name.

Cio was originally a heavily redesigned version of him as well (and then Operant/Abbadon decided to make him a character anyways). He was basically the original fan adventure's white chain/cio

He was called Oskar in the original fan adventure

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

He was called Oskar in the original fan adventure
Well, he's a red, he's probably got both names and more besides.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
White Chain looking extremely Jojo on that cover.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
White Chain's face came off. Again.

Also I'm still betting that Dhuutholmel is the owner of the ship. I could be wrong, but it seems likely for some reason.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's about time the second best character finally returns. Alison's sword

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Lol when I derail two threads with SFP without even posting.

I grant you this:

This is amazing.

Edit: also the update, but that was a given.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Roland Jones posted:

White Chain's face came off. Again.

Also I'm still betting that Dhuutholmel is the owner of the ship. I could be wrong, but it seems likely for some reason.

That would make sense, he did have a very piratical look to him. I wonder if he lent it willingly, and if so what price he's going to require.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I see Allison as decided to rock the trailer park juliet look.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Begemot posted:

That's Vladok's (spiritual) son who was taunting Cio back during the drinking contest. Dhuutholmel! That's his name.
This caption in book two says Vladok is his grandfather..?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 14, 2016

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
Is there anywhere one can read the original fan adventure? I sometimes feel like it's necessary to understand the references you guys keep making, but the MSPA forums seem to no longer exist.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tarezax posted:

Realistically this is going to be the case any time they wear clothes, because 90% of JoJo is being big as gently caress

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jackard posted:

Devils are very strange, they make more devils by having the people they make deals with be consumed by the black flame. This comes from the kind of mark Allison briefly had when she made a deal with Vladok.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Tarezax posted:

"Awaken" basically just spontaneously started playing in my head when I saw it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Mammon's got a bunch of those nails that put angels to sleep in him.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Allison's rocking the sword again, I gotta wonder if she's gonna learn how to use it at some point.

Jackard posted:

Cio also says Oskar is her 'ex-boyfriend', although she was being pretty flippant so who knows if that was true.

He seems he's going to be the chaotic untrustworthy rogue character.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 15, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't make promises cause it's meant to be broken
Trust is just a word, no describing to it, it's only proven
My path is the only path I can take, y'all know it's chosen
There ain't no easy road, gotta create it, it's not given
I'm just living... I'm just living

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPZVGpvHdtQ

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Aw Mammon has hands after all, I was kinda looking forward to seeing him go to town on someone wielding a sword with those goofy mouth tentacles like in that exposition panel

wiegieman posted:

Devils are very strange, they make more devils by having the people they make deals with be consumed by the black flame. This comes from the kind of mark Allison briefly had when she made a deal with Vladok.

wasn't it more, they make more devils because everything they touch eventually becomes a devil

hence the puking up lil devil fetuses in the sink etc.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Aw Mammon has hands after all, I was kinda looking forward to seeing him go to town on someone wielding a sword with those goofy mouth tentacles like in that exposition panel

Maybe he'll do that too, like that dork in one piece

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What are the spikes sticking out of him?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Cio and Blueberry had me thinking about devils and names. Ciocie Cioelle Estrella Von Maximus the Third, versus Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire.

Those are two rather different ways of having multiple names. Obviously Luna got her name from Allie's key forcing it on her. But Cio's could just be a person's name. First, middle, last, fake title suffix (of Maximus?), age suffix. I mean, Prince William is technically "Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, KG, KT, PC, ADC(P)". Do other devils have names that pass as a single name like Cio's?

Or I guess what I'm really saying is I keep getting the feeling that given Cio's vague history/backstory, there's something curious about her blue devil-ness.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

SunAndSpring posted:

Mammon's got a bunch of those nails that put angels to sleep in him.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Thats a good rear end haircut

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

hey girl you up posted:

Do other devils have names that pass as a single name like Cio's?
It's not a single name though in the same way that John Smith isn't a single name, it's two. The interesting thing about Cio's name is that it couldn't be any shorter without her moving up a colour.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Demiurge4 posted:

Arrows from the war of the demiurges. Why bother taking them out?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrdKtPJxI0

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

It's not a single name though in the same way that John Smith isn't a single name, it's two. The interesting thing about Cio's name is that it couldn't be any shorter without her moving up a colour.

I strongly suspect she named herself to deliberately become a blue devil, for reasons relating to her past theft of a key of kings. As a way to hide possibly? While she's well recognised as Cio, the only character we've met who knows who she used to be is Dhuutholmel.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Renaissance Robot posted:

I strongly suspect she named herself to deliberately become a blue devil, for reasons relating to her past theft of a key of kings. As a way to hide possibly? While she's well recognised as Cio, the only character we've met who knows who she used to be is Dhuutholmel.

White Chain knows, too. They needed some expert advice on a key and went to Cio.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Oh yeah, duh. Forgot about that.

It doesn't seem like super common knowledge in any case. Then again maybe it is and that's why she consented to continue working for the brothel owner (whose name escapes me), as a form of protection. Although consent is probably the wrong word, since there seems to be some kind of indentured servitude deal there, but at least why she didn't try to bail sooner.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Given the wide chasms of power between the top and bottom rungs of the multiverse, there's probably not too many people who even know a devil stole a key once, let alone their name and face. I imagine most people's impressions of the keys are like the stories about Mottom from her chapter: vast and unknowable gods who just arrive and gently caress poo poo up.

The kind of people we've seen who DO know are the kind of people you'd want to hide from in most circumstances.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

That said, I wonder if he is the same David from Allison's universe or if all the "Earths" across the multiverse are just share varying degrees of similarity and another king David managed to ascend.

In Solomon David's universe, the bible ends markedly early, has no New Testament, is stocked in all libraries and corner stores, and the inside back cover has a quick and easy brush-up lesson on the Law

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Question: You’ve answered how powerful the seven were in personal abilities, but what about in terms of politics, military, intelligence, economics?

We know Solomon’s got his well structured Celestial Empire, Jagganoth his knights belligerent and WMDs, Jadis is the prophet behind a technocratic church, Incubus has his golden army and Mammon rules finances.

But what do Mottom and Gog-Agog add to the universe?

Answer: Mottom’s got a lot of guild connections, I sort of hinted at this in the first few pages that they showed up to the palace. She’s very well connected to the trade princes that extract raw materials, slaves, etc from the various worlds. Politically I’d have to say she would be on the weaker side if not for the fact that she’s powerful enough to still be a valuable ally, and plays that to her advantage.

Gog-agog is the entertainment maven of Throne, that’s all I’m going to leave it at for now.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Faintly in the distance, Death By Glamour begins playing.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

The Sin of Onan posted:

Is there anywhere one can read the original fan adventure? I sometimes feel like it's necessary to understand the references you guys keep making, but the MSPA forums seem to no longer exist.

Here's the latest working archive of the thread

https://web.archive.org/web/20160307050655/http://mspaforums.com/showthread.php?47341-kill-six-billion-demons-(nsfw)-now-a-fruity-webcomic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

atomicthumbs posted:

In Solomon David's universe, the bible ends markedly early, has no New Testament, is stocked in all libraries and corner stores, and the inside back cover has a quick and easy brush-up lesson on the Law

Also a phone number address to a hotline where they will directly confirm what the eternal God-Emperor thinks about a specific issue (but you really shouldn't use that number the Law is very clear and logical)