Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quest for the Jacket trip report: We've managed to upgrade ourselves from Gold II to Plat V. I don't think we're gonna make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Guys should I get the jacket. If so how long do I have

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just buy the jacket from Drive

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

Slightly less than one month I think.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Methanar posted:

11th of November

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Uhhhhhh

Yes you will, mf/Leo has kill pressure on every bot lane and I would never take exhaust

Doesn't Janna just immediately end every single Leona engage, or did they change something about her?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

methanar if you want to duo with me im going to start playing more to at least get diamond before end of season.

currently on like a 7 game winning streak with morgana, gonna use her to get back to diamond 1 like last time i guess

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Since I've gotten back I've been playing ori. Pretend there's one more win in there because I was premature with refreshing the list.

I missed this game.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

nice. if i see you on we will duo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/57nejn/1_of_people_who_bought_dfg_ever_used_the_active/

what this has to be a troll

less than 1% of people who bought DFG used the active? is this some kind of elaborate riot troll

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/57nejn/1_of_people_who_bought_dfg_ever_used_the_active/

what this has to be a troll

less than 1% of people who bought DFG used the active? is this some kind of elaborate riot troll
Considering the amount of people in Silver/Bronze or unranked entirely, it's almost believable

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

that being the reason they don't like active items is pretty stupid though, imo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

Since I've gotten back I've been playing ori. Pretend there's one more win in there because I was premature with refreshing the list.

I missed this game.

Nice. A few % off of your 81% but getting there.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Arcturas posted:

Why did Leona take exhaust against a Janna/Vayne botlane. Why. Why would you do that.

(Also nice penta)

Because Armor Pen cheese build MF has enough damage to kill anything, and we're duo queue'd, so he specifically runs Exhaust to enable us to 2v5 when an enemy mid or top gets fed. We killed Vayne and Janna a bunch of time in lane even with Exhaust.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

just buy the jacket from Drive

Also this

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'll get a jacket as long as all servers actually receives them but I haven't seen anything about it on our launcher or PVP.net client

But no loving way I'm wearing it in public

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So is anyone else having problems with the game recently? Like your health bar at the bottom being empty black even when you're at full health? Or your champion just straight up becoming uncontrollable for a few seconds, with everything else around you moving normally, with no visible lag spike or an "attempting to reconnect" message?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

I'll get a jacket as long as all servers actually receives them but I haven't seen anything about it on our launcher or PVP.net client

But no loving way I'm wearing it in public

It's a great conversation starter though

as in

"Ow ow why are you beating me up"

"Because of your jacket, nerd"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lee sin died at level 1 to a nidalee 1v1 in the jungle so he started intentionally feeding.

amazing

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just be glad it happened at level 1 and not level 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Hzuk6w1oA

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That game still lasted a long time because gp and I were killing everyone.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

It's available

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Do it or your a pussy

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

lee sin died at level 1 to a nidalee 1v1 in the jungle so he started intentionally feeding.

amazing

These plats need to step their game up. I've had people in Bronze games die 12 time by that point, and they weren't even trying to feed, and they sure as hell didn't have 11 assists.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Safety Scissors posted:

These plats need to step their game up. I've had people in Bronze games die 12 time by that point, and they weren't even trying to feed, and they sure as hell didn't have 11 assists.

It always makes me feel better to know there are people in ranked games who are worse than me

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

The Mash posted:

Because Armor Pen cheese build MF has enough damage to kill anything, and we're duo queue'd, so he specifically runs Exhaust to enable us to 2v5 when an enemy mid or top gets fed. We killed Vayne and Janna a bunch of time in lane even with Exhaust.

Mash, can you post any replays of your games? I'm real bad at this game and want to figure out how to bully the poo poo out of folks in lane with MF. I've been doing ok down here in wood tier but I always seem to shove them to right in front of turret and then I can't kill them and get ganked and angry and then things are hosed until we start game of throws through 40-50 minutes.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Mash, can you post any replays of your games? I'm real bad at this game and want to figure out how to bully the poo poo out of folks in lane with MF. I've been doing ok down here in wood tier but I always seem to shove them to right in front of turret and then I can't kill them and get ganked and angry and then things are hosed until we start game of throws through 40-50 minutes.

Here's one of my accounts being pushed into diamond using largely Armor Pen MF the last 3-4 days:
http://www.replay.gg/search/euw/thisisagoddream

I generally avoid all-ins before one of three criteria are met:

-Our jungler is ganking
-I have backed and bought BF sword
-I have ultimate

Armor Pen MF is very weak pre-6 unless you get BF before then, so just avoid fights and farm. Poke them out with Q and force backs if possible, but mostly I've won by killing lane after getting BF, taking first tower, rotating mid and taking that tower, then getting Yomuus second item and moving around the map taking towers in 4 seconds with Yomuus+W actives.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

The Mash posted:

Here's one of my accounts being pushed into diamond using largely Armor Pen MF the last 3-4 days:
http://www.replay.gg/search/euw/thisisagoddream

Thanks.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It always makes me feel better to know there are people in ranked games who are worse than me

Since you're new to League (I think? Welcome anyways :) ), you should have been around when SaltyTeemo was a thing

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Thanks to everyone posting about MF in the thread; I'm having quite a lot of fun with her in Hexakill.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Safety Scissors posted:

he stopped intentionally feeding after the first 5 deaths because we got a couple kills in other lanes lol

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Lerius posted:

Thanks to everyone posting about MF in the thread; I'm having quite a lot of fun with her in Hexakill.

Though going 18/3/14 and not getting an S lets you know how broken she is on that mode.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Teikanmi posted:

Since you're new to League (I think? Welcome anyways :) ), you should have been around when SaltyTeemo was a thing

I'm so new I don't even have Smite yet

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I was watching a stream where an Ekko who was in placements straight up sat at fountain for like 3 minutes waiting for passive gold to combine Trinity Force. He had like 60 CS at 30 and thus had less gold than even the enemy support. He was also level 11 when people started hitting 18. Oh and he was going to go Trinity Force -> Ghostblade -> Black Cleaver.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 16, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lerius posted:

Though going 18/3/14 and not getting an S lets you know how broken she is on that mode.

This is pure speculation on my part, but to me it seems in most modes grades have several components. It seems that the components are only kind of averaged, and your overall grade can only be a certain amount higher than your lowest grade. If your csing isn't up to par it's impossible to get an S regardless of your kda.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

The Mash posted:

Armor Pen MF is very weak pre-6 unless you get BF before then, so just avoid fights and farm. Poke them out with Q and force backs if possible, but mostly I've won by killing lane after getting BF, taking first tower, rotating mid and taking that tower, then getting Yomuus second item and moving around the map taking towers in 4 seconds with Yomuus+W actives.

To be honest I really don't find her that weak pre-6, she doesn't really like extended trades because of zero AS but pure Q poke is really strong in lane against a wide range of champions (with 20-30 armor pen a bonus damage Q is basically the strongest poke any ADC can dish out at that point of the game). On the opposing ADC side I only feel like Caitlyn is really rough early on. Supports that can zone you off the minion line like Leona or Sona are a bit rough to play against though.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

SaltyTeemo was the greatest thing. I watched a 14 average elo game on the Brazil server that was 27/29 kills at 12 minutes, with the highest CS on the team being like 30.

Highlights included Nashor's Tooth + Tiamat Vayne and full AD Mordekaiser

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

salty teemo got suspended by twitch, but when i googled i saw that theres a salty teemo on hitbox, although i dont know if its THE salty teemo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Who the heck would suspend saltyteemo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Ask biowarfare

• Locked thread