Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

David Sedaris wrote an essay about scaring away pissed off birds with a combination of album covers and printed out photos of 9/11 hijackers, so he's alright in my book.

edit: Also the birds were attracted by the sound of a Kate Bush album so it's even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

What actually happened in the election today that got the title changed

All I saw was that apparently Trump gave an incredibly awkward India speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWqVSIxUBc0

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOIcSxxKi2k

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Pon de Bundy posted:

its official trump has won

Is it November 28 already?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
Who do you think hill takes to bed? Maybe i've just seen too much House of Cards but her whole life has been building to this one, extremely stressful year and a half, like she didnt even expect the primary to be a fight so she's gotta be getting a nut somehow am i rite folks? No disrespect to :abuela:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I knew my posts itt were bad, but I didn't think they were Trump av bad. Apologies to all who have suffered at my hands.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
also let me know if nobody cares about popular old posts, i realize that it's not really a nite crew thing

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

zakkro posted:

He actually decides that Max died in Fury Road, and his dream bleeding-out is the first film.

:aaaaa:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Face God and walk backwards into hell: A GOP Thread Retrospective
November 2014 to June 2015

(1) drat. Clinton was prime-time ready even then. Why the hell didn't the Democrats run Clinton in the 80s??? Those laughable clowns Mondale and Dukakis over this guy???

(2) Just about any one of the Democrats who spoke would be completely electable in my part of the country today. If I didn't already know who all of them were, and if they weren't clearly in the 80s, I could guess they were a bunch of establishment Republicans, or as we are affectionately known now, RINOs. If Democrats don't like the sea of red across the south and midwest, or GOP House majorities near historically high levels, MAYBE they should try running normal people like that instead of insane leftists who have nothing more to offer than TAXES TAXES TAXES and shrill harpies screaming about our scary guns and the need to ban them. I'm temporarily in Virginia, and while the Democratic party in this state DOES actually run normal human beings for the 2 senate seats (which, SUPRISE, they actually win doing so) they run complete nutters for the house. The congressman in this district has been in the house for over 2 decades now. Maybe they could try running a sane person against him instead of just forfeiting the seat with some new fruit-loop hippie every 2 years?

[/quote]

I am honestly having a hard time processing this, is the Republican party honestly walking towards being anti-vacination? This can not be a real thing that is happening can it? I'm having a slow stroke, right?[/quote]

That's a bummer. Sanders is my first choice, but he continues to align himself with the Democrats. I love Stein. She actually visited my city, which was absolutely wild because we are not that big of a city and are pretty much dead politically. She was incredibly humble and intelligent.

I don't just vote Jill Stein, I actually ran for office under the Green Party. Huge loser right?? Have fun voting for Hillary "Welp I Guess I Have To" Rodham Clinton:911:

Intelligent, dedicate and clever is great, but to what ends will she be employing those skills?

Ok mister! I will get out of your way! I am sorry for being boring :qq: I will let you get back to your biting political commentary.[/quote]

Democrats haven't won the presidency after a two-term candidate but twice in all of the modern party's history, first when Van Buren succeeded Jackson, second when FDR won a third term. If you think a trend that has followed the Democratic Party for two centuries can be shrugged off, your political bubble is too dense for anyone to pop.

Ever heard of the six-year itch? It's the tendency for the president's party to lose a lot of seats during his sixth-year midterm, and has occurred to everyone two-term president since Reconstruction. And it's exactly what happened to Obama last year.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

This made me wonder what Rand Paul might look like with, say, Marco Rubio's hair.

I'm.... not quite sure what to make of it.[/quote]
[/quote]

this is a hell of a thing you're doing, can you maybe put these on medium or something so we can refer back to it more easily

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also let me know if nobody cares about popular old posts, i realize that it's not really a nite crew thing

theyre fine of coruse but maybe not a hundred at a time

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Epic High Five posted:

theyre fine of coruse but maybe not a hundred at a time

it was only 20, there was just a lot of effort posting back in the old days

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Entropic posted:

Buckle up, Jeet Heer's been drinking again tonight.

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/787501508220727296

norton was the emperor of the united states you heathen

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Polls have stagnated - Trump's collapse seems to have a floor right now. I need the n-word tape to make me feel better.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

cargo cult posted:

Who do you think hill takes to bed? Maybe i've just seen too much House of Cards but her whole life has been building to this one, extremely stressful year and a half, like she didnt even expect the primary to be a fight so she's gotta be getting a nut somehow am i rite folks? No disrespect to :abuela:

She takes her husband to bed, Hilary is a good Christian woman and wife.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
i learned about emperor norton in the vertigo comic series sandman by neil gayman, who is the husband of dresden dolls singer amanda palmer, who has dumb politics and her band is not very good either.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Crows Turn Off posted:

Polls have stagnated - Trump's collapse seems to have a floor right now. I need the n-word tape to make me feel better.

most americans are horrible racists, what makes you think they care about this?

ever been around white americans? it's their favorite word

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

but sandman is really really good so read it if you like good graphic novels or stories that are good in any medium

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you ever tell someone you can't use a word? it just makes them want to use the word 1000x as much

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
the word is NOT nite crew BALOOGAN

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i'm not sure donald trump is fit to be president

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Fidel Castronaut posted:

The GOP will change every rule they can to make sure another Trump doesn't rise up and any split-off party for fringe republicans will fail. Hillary will face somebody like Kasich who was staunchly against Trump and her odds depend a lot on how bad the economy gets when Silicon Valley collapses and how many wars we get ourselves involved in.

this is from like a million posts back but whatever
what rules can they change that will stop a Trump 2.0 from sounding off about mexicans etc, dragging the debate right back to where it is now, and racking up all the alt right votes?
or rather, what rules can they change while still maintaining the legitimacy of the primaries? The establishment is already on the nose and I feel like it may not be well received if the party leadership turn the process into a rubber stamp for their preferred candidate

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

but sandman is really really good so read it if you like good graphic novels or stories that are good in any medium

is that the one where death is his sister i haven't read it in a long time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

it was only 20, there was just a lot of effort posting back in the old days

prob because it got moved from D&D to C-SPAM
a bunch of GBS threads got moved here too

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Face God and walk backwards into hell: A GOP Thread Retrospective
November 2014 to June 2015

(1) drat. Clinton was prime-time ready even then. Why the hell didn't the Democrats run Clinton in the 80s??? Those laughable clowns Mondale and Dukakis over this guy???

(2) Just about any one of the Democrats who spoke would be completely electable in my part of the country today. If I didn't already know who all of them were, and if they weren't clearly in the 80s, I could guess they were a bunch of establishment Republicans, or as we are affectionately known now, RINOs. If Democrats don't like the sea of red across the south and midwest, or GOP House majorities near historically high levels, MAYBE they should try running normal people like that instead of insane leftists who have nothing more to offer than TAXES TAXES TAXES and shrill harpies screaming about our scary guns and the need to ban them. I'm temporarily in Virginia, and while the Democratic party in this state DOES actually run normal human beings for the 2 senate seats (which, SUPRISE, they actually win doing so) they run complete nutters for the house. The congressman in this district has been in the house for over 2 decades now. Maybe they could try running a sane person against him instead of just forfeiting the seat with some new fruit-loop hippie every 2 years?

[/quote]

I am honestly having a hard time processing this, is the Republican party honestly walking towards being anti-vacination? This can not be a real thing that is happening can it? I'm having a slow stroke, right?[/quote]

That's a bummer. Sanders is my first choice, but he continues to align himself with the Democrats. I love Stein. She actually visited my city, which was absolutely wild because we are not that big of a city and are pretty much dead politically. She was incredibly humble and intelligent.

I don't just vote Jill Stein, I actually ran for office under the Green Party. Huge loser right?? Have fun voting for Hillary "Welp I Guess I Have To" Rodham Clinton:911:

Intelligent, dedicate and clever is great, but to what ends will she be employing those skills?

Ok mister! I will get out of your way! I am sorry for being boring :qq: I will let you get back to your biting political commentary.[/quote]

Democrats haven't won the presidency after a two-term candidate but twice in all of the modern party's history, first when Van Buren succeeded Jackson, second when FDR won a third term. If you think a trend that has followed the Democratic Party for two centuries can be shrugged off, your political bubble is too dense for anyone to pop.

Ever heard of the six-year itch? It's the tendency for the president's party to lose a lot of seats during his sixth-year midterm, and has occurred to everyone two-term president since Reconstruction. And it's exactly what happened to Obama last year.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

This made me wonder what Rand Paul might look like with, say, Marco Rubio's hair.

I'm.... not quite sure what to make of it.[/quote]
[/quote]

This is gold

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

one of my white students said n***a in class a couple weeks back in the context of "that dude." I told them that absolutely will not happen again. I blamed myself for a minute because I cuss in class and I use rap videos a lot in my class but then I remembered that I made it clear that we can cuss but not use slurs.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pon de Bundy posted:

the word is NOT nite crew BALOOGAN

nite crew is his word SON

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What's the least bad thing that would actually move Trump's floor downward? I don't think the rumoured "n-word video" would move the needle. At this point I doubt credible accusations of incest or beastiality would move the needle. His base just don't care about anything but giving a middle finger to the system they perceive as irredeemably corrupt.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

they are both capable of greatness and squander it imho helena bonham carter too. it's like they combined three talented people and the result is lesser than the sum of its parts

when is the last time burton made a great movie? big fish? big eyes was decent i guess

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Entropic posted:

Buckle up, Jeet Heer's been drinking again tonight.

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/787501508220727296
Somewhere, a Salon writer is furiously crossing out an entry on their ideas pad.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

MadJackal posted:

SNL's Melania Moments invoke classic 90s SNL short bits.

Also the NY NBC stream's commercials is like 40% advertisement for Broadway shows.

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy:

"The crows seemed to be calling his name', thought Caw."

zakkro
May 29, 2015

a.lo posted:

Yeah. I once tried to make a 3D model of her in ZBrush for a class project.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
donmald trump is bad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ooooooh im so mad at that varmant

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

this is from like a million posts back but whatever
what rules can they change that will stop a Trump 2.0 from sounding off about mexicans etc, dragging the debate right back to where it is now, and racking up all the alt right votes?
or rather, what rules can they change while still maintaining the legitimacy of the primaries? The establishment is already on the nose and I feel like it may not be well received if the party leadership turn the process into a rubber stamp for their preferred candidate

folks whined about superdelegates but it still got the establishment candidate elected and she's going to win. i don't know. i think the gop is going to melt-down and might split but i'm not in agreement with people who think that trump or a trump-lik is going to rise to the top in 2020.

a.lo posted:

yah. it's real good. the spin-off comics where death is the main character are good too.

babypolis posted:

when is the last time burton made a great movie? big fish? big eyes was decent i guess

yeah, big fish was it i think

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Entropic posted:

What's the least bad thing that would actually move Trump's floor downward? I don't think the rumoured "n-word video" would move the needle. At this point I doubt credible accusations of incest or beastiality would move the needle. His base just don't care about anything but giving a middle finger to the system they perceive as irredeemably corrupt.
Trump urged someone to get an abortion or some other evidence that he supports it. It wouldn't get rid of the Nazis, but the evangelicals might sit out because of it.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Entropic posted:

trump winding up like he was gonna get all serious and angry and then laughing and getting totally stone faced and saying this was all a gift to hillary for their 30th anniversary and that he had fun and he loves dicks would drop his poll numbers

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

donmald trump is bad

if only we could prove it somehow!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(stomps on ten gallon hat)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that dad gummit trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(mustache curls and uncurls reflexively)

• Locked thread