Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hmm... guess I have to watch Wag the Dog now.

Yeah, you should.

Edit: Sorry, that's not a very good page opener. Have some cool posters to make up for it.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Please tell me Wild in the Streets lives up to those posters
Lord yes. The whole idea is that the Republicans get a 25 hippy-dippy stoner musician to be their front runner, then he turns on the old squares and gets the voting age lowered to like 14, then apparently all the 14-year-olds vote for him and he ends up dosing congress with LSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLwV2xafpk

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It is batshit and owns so hard.

Not only is Salute of the Jugger a drat fine post apocalypse movie, it's also the only time a fake sport has managed to make me interested in watching it.

The final match at the end of the movie and "No! Walk." were loving badass as hell.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!

Is this a fan poster or something? I can't shake just how similar this looks to the Star Wars rebellion logo. The stars inside the shape don't help sway that feeling away either. That and I've never seen this one until now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gorilla Salad posted:

Not only is Salute of the Jugger a drat fine post apocalypse movie, it's also the only time a fake sport has managed to make me interested in watching it.

The final match at the end of the movie and "No! Walk." were loving badass as hell.

Agreed, I always wanted to figure out how to play Quintet, as well.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

MikeJF posted:

Hogwarts : A History

This would be interesting but I can't freaking believe they still haven't done anything about when James and Lilly were in school. It's the ultimate highschool character sheet: semi-douchebag protagonist James, d'ark sadsack Snape, woeful sadsack Lupin, megacool bad boy Sirius, smart and kind Lily who is chased by our protagonist, and the runt of the group Peter.

Kraps fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 14, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kraps posted:

This would be interesting but I can't freaking believe they still haven't done anything about when James and Lilly were in school. It's the ultimate highschool character sheet: semi-douchebag protagonist James, d'ark sadsack Snape, woeful sadsack Lupin, megacool bad boy Sirius, smart and kind Lily who is chased by our protagonist, and the runt of the group Peter.

It's also a hell of a lot more interesting than Harry's story

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Doesn't Harry's story pretty much have all that stuff anyway? It would just be HP from Draco's perspective but without any of the main plot stuff and with Draco getting the girl at the end.

e: that is to say, I feel like we saw enough of the interesting bits in flashbacks already.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They did a We Hate Movies on it, it's hilarious.

It's a movie about how the then-controversial idea of letting 18 year-olds vote leads to the collapse of society because they drug Congress with LSD and pass laws that let children vote and put old people in death camps. Even the most sensational and outraged modern millennial-bashing think pieces don't come close to how hilariously hyperbolic and misguided it is.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Electromax posted:

Doesn't Harry's story pretty much have all that stuff anyway? It would just be HP from Draco's perspective but without any of the main plot stuff and with Draco getting the girl at the end.

e: that is to say, I feel like we saw enough of the interesting bits in flashbacks already.

One of the main complaints about the movies was that they never explained about the Marauders and them being Animagi, which was especially relevant in book 3. A movie about them training in secret and events around that would be really interesting.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Kraps posted:

One of the main complaints about the movies was that they never explained about the Marauders and them being Animagi, which was especially relevant in book 3. A movie about them training in secret and events around that would be really interesting.

A movie maybe (probably not if the play is anything to go by.) But you know if that got greenlit it would be a trilogy with part 3 split into 6 movies.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Guy Mann posted:

There was going to be an entire studio dedicated to making spinoffs and sequels to Lady Ghostbusters. There was going to be an entirely new Terminator cinematic universe. There was going to be an Amazing Spider-Man trilogy.

Lady Ghostbusters was an ill-advised remake of a movie popular with middle aged dads on cable reruns. Amazing Spider-Man and the new Terminator movies were not asked for by the viewing public period. Harry Potter is beloved among young moviegoers and the last films were loving cash cows.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Guy Mann posted:

It's a movie about how the then-controversial idea of letting 18 year-olds vote leads to the collapse of society because they drug Congress with LSD and pass laws that let children vote and put old people in death camps. Even the most sensational and outraged modern millennial-bashing think pieces don't come close to how hilariously hyperbolic and misguided it is.

Read Gary (Roger Rabbit) Wolf's 'A Generation Removed' for a more serious take...no really.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Yes, really. I don't think it's going to be live, though.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 15, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, this one's pre-taped.

They said some of it would have been too difficult to pull off live.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Which is why they never made it into a stage play for forty years.

It's me. I'm salty about a lovely remake of a 1970s property.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kraps posted:

Eh, that was also not really followed up much in the books and the resolution was "yeah we were dickbags but we were teenagers".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not a remake if it's been done dozens of times with dozens of different actors.

That's like calling a performance of Hamlet a remake.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Bert of the Forest posted:

Is this a fan poster or something? I can't shake just how similar this looks to the Star Wars rebellion logo. The stars inside the shape don't help sway that feeling away either. That and I've never seen this one until now.

No, that's the Swiss release poster.

e: It could also be an English one-sheet. I can't tell w/o knowing the measurements.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, this one's pre-taped.

They said some of it would have been too difficult to pull off live.
Either way its going to be depressing to see Tim Curry in it :smith:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Bert of the Forest posted:

Is this a fan poster or something?

It's one of four teaser posters made by the British design firm La Boca.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ruddiger posted:

Yeah, but those two are clearly cybernetically enhanced. I meant more covert, like the replicants in Blade Runner, or Yul Brynner in Westworld, where you don't know they're robots until the jig is up.

There was Lando Calrissian's right hand man in Cloud City, he was some sort of cybernetic something or other.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Skwirl posted:

There was Lando Calrissian's right hand man in Cloud City, he was some sort of cybernetic something or other.

check it out, from the very same page you quoted

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Oh yeah, Lando even remotely turns that guy on with his iwatch. Definitely fits the cyborg requirement and it's in the original trilogy without going into EU territory.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

LOBOT was definitely a cyborg.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is this one of those movies that famous people have to do because they owe the studio a favor

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

no its a serious movie about the war of beauty.

will smith plays a weapon of mass beautification, he gets launched into various major cities & the locals become beautiful.

scene: normal looking person walking to the corner store, a flash & thunder crack, everybody cowers. slowly people get on their legs again and theyre so beautiful. *inception horns* is this too much makeup?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Will Smith goes insane and starts writing letters to death then death shows up and yells at him for wasting her time.
I like to imagine lengthy, heated discussions about how many squares each of the stars gets.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

They are picking way too obscure holidays for their ensemble movies now.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Ed Norton looks weird in this.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Syncopated posted:

Ed Norton looks weird in this.

Yeah, he looks like someone whose name escapes me, but he doesn't look like Ed Norton.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

At first glance I thought it was just a really bad picture of John Cusack.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stare-Out posted:

At first glance I thought it was just a really bad picture of John Cusack.

For some reason John Cusack always seemed to me like an attempt to make a second Edward Norton that went horribly mediocre.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I thought people refused to work with Norton because he was such an rear end in a top hat.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I assume most people in Hollywood are assholes

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

I thought with Norton it was more that he's alright in an ensemble piece, but if he's one of the leads, he basically becomes his character from Birdman.

Which, speaking of, had some posters I really enjoyed.

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 16, 2016

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

:nws: that poo poo :eyepop:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Nckdictator posted:

Almost forgot, posters on fictional presidents and politicians in general.

I recently watched Fail-Safe after avoiding it for years due to the comparisons to Dr. Strangelove and it had me engrossed for the entire runtime. It's a shame it's semi-obscure today.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Rogue One character posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

they look like character cards from avalon or some other board game