Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

because some chance at an autowin is better than no chance at an autowin?

Sorry, I was unclear - if the defuser falls through, the defense autowins not the attackers. That's why it's a bad plant 100% of the time

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Give the man a raise.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Game has been fun lately. Doing a bunch of ranked with a friend, having a reliable (and low-ranked) teammate in your squad makes a huge difference.

Doesn't stop people from leaving and turning it into a 3v5 you would otherwise have easily won, though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard fix the booster timers. E: Taken to PMs.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 16, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I have a sincere request for Season 4's new map and all new maps thereafter: Please, do not advertise it as "the most destructible map to date" or some crap. Every map released season after season has been billed that way and they have all been hailed by the playerbase as, in turn, the worst map added to the game to date. At this point I would much rather hear them say "it is balanced between attackers and defenders and a lot of thought has been put into its design" than hear the words "destructible" ever come out of an Ubi rep ever again.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Well, when Yacht was added it was the only new map so I guess it was the worst. And then Yacht was still the worst when the new maps came so I guess the playerbase is just wrong most of the time.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

He who thinks Favelas is not the worst map is wrong 100% of the time.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squeegy posted:

He who thinks Favelas is not the worst map is wrong 100% of the time.

This man is correct; Favelas is the only map where we'll continually groan when we get it because the objectives are always complete poo poo outside hostage. If it's not night, you can't see outside to defend the objectives should you try to blow all the walls open.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm with Wooper here, I dislike Yacht more than Favela.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
The only map I truly hate is Chalet. And I like Border a lot.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The worst map is, now and forever, consulate.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Great Beer posted:

drat. :eyepop:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Those TK punishments are harsh as hell. I know I've been accidentally TKd by pubbies, but I don't really feel like they should have been kicked.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It takes one teenager disagreeing with your gameplan to obtain the correct opinion on the subject matter.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TK punishments are necessary and good. Assholes who would rather grief than play the game should be acted upon with extreme prejudice.

On a side note, it would be cool if the system rated a TK where you're firing stationary and then a teammate moves into your crosshairs as half a TK compared to pointing at their head and shooting them.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Great Beer posted:

A truly wrong opinion

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Squeegy posted:

TK punishments are necessary and good. Assholes who would rather grief than play the game should be acted upon with extreme prejudice.

On a side note, it would be cool if the system rated a TK where you're firing stationary and then a teammate moves into your crosshairs as half a TK compared to pointing at their head and shooting them.

I guess thats what I was thinking too. I have had teammates cluster bomb me because they missed a window or some shot. Incompetence shouldn't be treated the same as trolling.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I guess thats what I was thinking too. I have had teammates cluster bomb me because they missed a window or some shot. Incompetence shouldn't be treated the same as trolling.

The system only punishes you for repeated TKing or repeated targeting of a single person.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I had to TK a guy in the head once because his (obvious) aimbot kept malfunctioning and shooting our best player to death and got sick of losing rounds because of it.

Was ashamed we won that game to be honest, but the other team had a guy who was either wallhacking or using an aimbot and trying to not be apparent at it.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRjCoxcfm7s

I don't know why everyone hates on Yacht so much, it basically always comes down to a shootout which is fun and cool

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Favela (mostly) good, Yacht bad. Border is pretty good too.

Yacht is by far the least fun map in the game. I genuinely wish they'd remove it entirely.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Yacht isn't too bad it's just ugly. Also I dream for the day we get a proper outdoor map. Maybe something with a cliff or forest section with dispersed buildings.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

How would that work considering you get spotted if you spend any time outside?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Squeegy posted:

How would that work considering you get spotted if you spend any time outside?

The whole map would be considered "inside"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Foehammer posted:

The whole map would be considered "inside"

Oh boy, spawn camping!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Let's go the opposite direction just make a whole map "outdoors" remove the screen effects and automatic spotting of the defenders and just have everybody run around in a big square and kill each other, whatever objective you are attacking/defending will be in the middle of the square so it's totally fair for both teams. Also this map and only this map should have everybody on the team share a pool of lives so dying right off the bat isn't such a bad thing.

Bam, new map Season 4, throw some Japanese operators in there and you've got your last big content update for Year One of Seige.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Personally I'd like to see a season 4 map with incredible verticality like a skyscraper in downtown Tokyo. Not much in terms of sq. feet on each floor, but have like 4 or 5 floors to play on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Having repeatedly experienced Yacht and Chalet, my wishlist for the season 4 map is rather succinct. Please do not deny rooftop access to attackers.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
I want r6_iceworld

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Poolparty or bust.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ItheWelp87 posted:

I want r6_iceworld

I remember watching my cousin play that map when I was like 8.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Can we just port operation metro into siege?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

No destruction, no gadgets, Ash only. Real Siege starts here.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Duggler posted:

Wasn't that from Athena Sword, or something? I don't recall.
Either way, Presidio all the way! That map was great for good, fast-paced matches :getin:

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Operation METRO was the worst Battlefield 4 map that every server kept changing their map rotation to include as a 24/7 thing. It was a long underground passage where you would die in ~2 seconds and then respawn, then die again because who knows.

I think people only played it to get lots of unlock points quickly because you don't need to worry about things like gameplay or fun.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Still waiting for Pulse + Montagne toggle option.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AbortRetryFail posted:

Operation METRO was the worst Battlefield 4 map that every server kept changing their map rotation to include as a 24/7 thing. It was a long underground passage where you would die in ~2 seconds and then respawn, then die again because who knows.

I think people only played it to get lots of unlock points quickly because you don't need to worry about things like gameplay or fun.

It was originally a Battlefield 3 map and they put it in an expansion for BF4 too.

Yeah it's basically a subway terminal that turns into an enormous meatgrinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Not mine: http://i.imgur.com/ecO4VYf.mp4

• Locked thread