Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So these are my Mods at the moment:

I wanted to have a more expanded survival feel; and I kiiiinda did. poo poo was hitting me hard, it would take me 1-2 bullets to put down most lovely monsters and say 3-4 non headshots to put down raiders, weight was a big problem and I had to "consider" food/drink when running from place to place (really became more of a nuisance than a mechanic that compelled me to remember to eat, maybe I should have tweaked it so that I got hungry/thirsty more slowly). Some of the Raider armour bits seem overpowered (dreadnought gear is redonkadonk in stats compared to other armours but weights a bit and the helmets in it out class every other helmet in the game by far) but I like the models it adds to the game :(. Then I went to Nukaworld (pre-30 granted though a number of mobs there aren't skullz) and everything is loving bullet proof to the point of needing multiple shotgun blasts to the face to drop. And I die instantly to everything.

Any advice for having a more STALKER like experience in FO4 where combat is dangerous and hard but I'm not having to waste buckets of bullets to kill a single robot or dying in a single shotgun blast? Cause that's what I'm going for and I'm failing to achieve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savex
May 28, 2014
Unrelated to pc mod, but did they annonced when mod are coming to PS4? Or is it still after Skyrim re-mastered "give us all your money" released?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jonathan Demers posted:

Unrelated to pc mod, but did they annonced when mod are coming to PS4? Or is it still after Skyrim re-mastered "give us all your money" released?
Last I heard mods for PS4 aren't happening because of Sony's guidelines not matching up with what's necessary for mods to work.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
They're back on the plan at some point in the future, but no custom assets.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Does anyone have the personal craft-able vertibirds mod? I'd like to get my hands on it, since it appears to have been taken down from the nexus.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

The Iron Rose posted:

If you open up the relevant perks in the CK you'll be able to see the relevant bits you'd need to alter.

So there's two variables there, "Mod Detection Sneak Skill" and "Mod Detection Movement". I'm guessing the first one is the one I'm interested in tweaking?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

I wanted to have a more expanded survival feel; and I kiiiinda did. poo poo was hitting me hard, it would take me 1-2 bullets to put down most lovely monsters and say 3-4 non headshots to put down raiders, weight was a big problem and I had to "consider" food/drink when running from place to place (really became more of a nuisance than a mechanic that compelled me to remember to eat, maybe I should have tweaked it so that I got hungry/thirsty more slowly). Some of the Raider armour bits seem overpowered (dreadnought gear is redonkadonk in stats compared to other armours but weights a bit and the helmets in it out class every other helmet in the game by far) but I like the models it adds to the game :(. Then I went to Nukaworld (pre-30 granted though a number of mobs there aren't skullz) and everything is loving bullet proof to the point of needing multiple shotgun blasts to the face to drop. And I die instantly to everything.

Any advice for having a more STALKER like experience in FO4 where combat is dangerous and hard but I'm not having to waste buckets of bullets to kill a single robot or dying in a single shotgun blast? Cause that's what I'm going for and I'm failing to achieve it.

Firstly, ive heard good things about Frost for survival.
Second, there's a number of survival overhauls you could look at. It sounds like your issues would mostly be fixed by a boost to player damage so id look into that.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Gridlocked posted:

Phone posting so I can't link it, but check out the mod Horizon. Requires a new game though.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smol posted:

So there's two variables there, "Mod Detection Sneak Skill" and "Mod Detection Movement". I'm guessing the first one is the one I'm interested in tweaking?

Try it and find out!

Also gridlocked - I've a mod linked in the OP that let's you customize player and enemy damage. Might be worth checking out.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
^^^^ This, essentially ^^^

Gridlocked posted:

Stalker achieves what it achieves by not bothering with artificial levels, and ties everything to gear and partially to what difficulty you play it on.
If you stopped exp from mattering aside from gear availability, and scrapped/nerfed perks, due to the weighting of the map, you might have a stalkeresque experience.
I suspect adding anomalies and artifacts would be fun as well.

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 16, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any radio mods that add more boston/Irish flavored music to the game?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Anyone else notice a slight stutter with mods that edit exterior world cells?
Mods that clean up settlements, or adds new stuff to certain locations, like Beantown interiors.
It's not because of lower performance, because it only happens when walking around, not when flying around with tfc.
It doesn't happen with new locations added by official dlc, like the Nuka World transit area.
It's not gamebreaking by any means, but just knowing it's there is driving me nuts.

Oh, and have a Millenia gun: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19311/

gasman fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 16, 2016

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Anyone use the 45-70 Hunting Revolver? If I go to mod it at a workbench sights are not available. I checked the nexus page and noticed a couple of others with the same issue, but there was no response. This seems like something I'd be able to edit in Fo4edit, but nothing is jumping out to me as wrong. I did do a patch for it to give it loads functionality, but I wouldn't think that would do it. Anyone have ideas?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't have any dlc, so I don't know if that was officially added or not. That gun is in new Vegas, so if you have the new Vegas item mod that would explain it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Lets see what the interesting mods on the Nexus are this week.

Want to shoot some Stormtrooper NPC in the Commonwealth? why the gently caress not! get Commonwealth Stormtroopers!

Do you miss the Varmint Rifle from New Vegas? well, somebody has recreated it for Fallout 4 now!

Annoyed how kind of lovely the weapon racks are with the Contaptions DLC? somebody fixed them so now you can whack all your vanilla weapons on them!

Speaking of quality of life mods ever noticed that Molotovs fire effect sort of well, sucks? somebody heard you and with Improved Molotovs you'll be using them as they look nice and the effects won't blind you either!

And after working your rear end off to get that Intimidate perk wouldn't be nice if it worked after you put your gun away? Permanent Intimidation makes it so.

Man sure sucks that undersexen Fallout 4 nerds keep making female body armor and clothing that looks like something strippers would wear and not stop dying of gunshot wounds for my female PC! Thankfully somebody has made some really nice looking tactical armor for female characters at last with Victus Tactical Armor!

Ever bugged you that pistol rounds and rifle rounds leave the same bullet holes? oh you sperg you! luckily, somebody else is bothered by the fact and with PistolBangs which sounds hilariously dirty at last you can be secure in the knowlege that no hole is like another in the Wasterland ever again.

Think the return book vendors are a neat idea but don't want to be carrying an entire library weighing your weight limit down? Weightless Books removes the weight on those late books. Redeem your heart out!

Know that unique raider Power Armor variant you got from Nuka World at the start? somebody has made a mod that enables the torch on the shoulder of it to work!

New clothing armour! remember the Merc Charmer outfit from the previous two games? somebody has made it for the game!

Not had enough katana yet? want more katana? want to built and upgrade multiple katana!? GET YOUR COMMONWEALTH KATANA MOD HERE!

Wish there was a SMG that sort of resembles the Cold War era Skorpian SMG? well, the M3D SMG here is pretty close that gun now.

And finally for those missing big gently caress off shoulder mounted Laser Cannon style weaponry, this mod here is for you. Enjoy.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

So FO4 is down to $30 on Steam right now. It's been about a year, right? How is it? I enjoyed Skyrim, but only because of the mods -- I played maybe two hours of that game in vanilla before changing as much as I could. Do the mods of FO4 make it a worthwhile experience?

Also, should I go whole hog and get the DLC as well? I remember that a lot of mods for Skyrim required the DLCs, however it seems that the DLC for FO4 are not well-regarded.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Appoda posted:

So FO4 is down to $30 on Steam right now. It's been about a year, right? How is it? I enjoyed Skyrim, but only because of the mods -- I played maybe two hours of that game in vanilla before changing as much as I could. Do the mods of FO4 make it a worthwhile experience?

Also, should I go whole hog and get the DLC as well? I remember that a lot of mods for Skyrim required the DLCs, however it seems that the DLC for FO4 are not well-regarded.

Black Friday is almost a month away. I'd hold out for a $45-ish game/dlc bundle.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I do not have the DLC, but I would say the base game is definitely worth $30. I haven't found a ton of need for mods, and really only use a UI one, a few settlement building ones, and a few that add firearms. There are, however, a ton of options for mods.

The world is impressively detailed and gorgeous. Settlement building is actually a lot of fun, but to really shine you want mods that add parts and functionality (of which there are tons). Combat is solid, but this is Fallout so don't expect an FPS. The item crafting system is also cool, and opens up a lot of ways to customize items for your build. Power armor feels like the tank it should be. It's big, it's noisy, and it's powerful (and customizable!) Rather than being armor pieces you wear like anything else, it is an actual mechanized suit you enter, and its use is limited by a battery (which you can replace when drained and which soon becomes so plentiful as to be obsolete).

However, don't go in expecting Fallout New Vegas (or even FO3) levels of interaction with it. Beyond settlement building (which, to my surprise, turned out to be much more fun that I would have predicted going in), it doesn't really feel like anything you do accomplishes anything. Even the main quest, which seems to have been mostly panned. In general I felt a lack of agency. Probably in part due to a voiced player character, who comes across like a vanilla boyscout 90% of the time. I was hoping that that would change over time, like the paragon/virtue system in Mass Effect, but nope.

Many if not most locations and quests are just futuristic dungeon quests - kill mutants/raiders/etc., get boss chest/fetch item, rinse repeat. There are of course exceptions, and some really awesome set pieces like visiting the blast zone and the crater left by the nuke that destroyed Boston. Quests are also pretty linear, and dialogue usually amounts to "say inquisitive/mean/neutral thing, get appropriate response from NPC but end up with same result." I found most (but definitely not all) NPCs to be fairly annoying.

Overall, I think the game is a no brainer at $30, but I would have been upset if I had paid $60.

Enigma fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 19, 2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
If you get the game play as a female, the voice actress is 1000x better than the male.

Also get this mod, its the only mod i require and i constantly try new mods.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5165

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Thanks for the replies. Good observation with the upcoming Black Friday, but I have more money than time at the moment, so I went ahead and purchased it. Roger on the ladyvoices.

I've got a GTX1060 6GB and an oldish CPU. Are there any graphics options that should be disabled outright due to performance issues, or settings that have high demand but little in the way of presentation? I set everything to Ultra for funsies, I guess I'll see if it breaks apart this evening.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Disable god rays

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah God rays look bad unless they're ultra, and I think it looks better with them off anyway.

It would be nice to see the actual rays without also having the general haze of light, though.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I have that card, but a current-gen CPU. I don't remember the exact settings, but I think they're all cranked up pretty high @1080p if not totally maxed with zero problems. You'll probably be fine.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I just love that the game runs on my 10yo 2nd gen machine. Sure I have to turn off godrays, my bit and bobs are all set to low apart from the textures (for which I have run a replacement with 1k optimized versions) and I've moved the shadow res down to 512s, but it still looks pretty decent. Shadows are the worst looking part and the fact you can't just turn them off is a pain.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So what should I be doing if a weapon mod isn't working? I've checked F04 Edit and the R-91 Assault Rifle mod is overwriting the M14 rifle mod in the leveled lists, meaning I only see one or the other depending on the ESP priority. Also, there are other weapons that don't even have leveled lists and so only spawn via console. How would I go about getting them added to the lists?

Finally, is there a mod that makes companions stick closer to me? Half the time during dialogue or just wandering around, they will run off or do poo poo without me telling them to, and they always end up needing to run halfway across the map to keep up with me.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 20, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

So what should I be doing if a weapon mod isn't working? I've downloaded the M14 rifle from the Nexus and installed it but I never see it appear ingame. Same with with M2216 mod. I do see a billion R91 assault rifles in the game though, so that mod is working properly.

What should I be doing to see these weapons get added to the leveled lists?

Unless they are added via scripting, leveled lists override each other. The R91 might be overriding the other two? Check out the leveled lists in FO4Edit and see if that's the case.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Midnight Voyager posted:

Unless they are added via scripting, leveled lists override each other. The R91 might be overriding the other two? Check out the leveled lists in FO4Edit and see if that's the case.

I did that and it is the case. The M2216 doesn't even have a leveled list, its apparently a console spawn only. How would I add the M-14 and the R-91 so they both show up instead of one or the other?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Yeah God rays look bad unless they're ultra, and I think it looks better with them off anyway.

It would be nice to see the actual rays without also having the general haze of light, though.

Even on Ultra they are only ok, and the performance boost is insane with them off.

I will say though if you get DLC crank that poo poo to max in Far Harbor for a bit. It makes the already great moodyness even better.

Also, the mod Vault 1080 is a fun little romp that's basically a tech demo for godrays and it's pretty fun. Though you get some overpowered loot considering the level you can do it at.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Is there a way to enable artillery without doing the Old Guns quest?

After Nuka World, Preston is pissed at me, so I can't get the quest to take back the Castle. Tried using the console to complete the quests, but I couldn't get it to work. I managed to enable building the artillery at the castle, but it wouldn't fire.

Can you even build artillery in raider settlements? If not, is there a mod?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Arcsquad12 posted:

I did that and it is the case. The M2216 doesn't even have a leveled list, its apparently a console spawn only. How would I add the M-14 and the R-91 so they both show up instead of one or the other?

Create a merged company patch. Drag and drop to include additional weapons. It's very simple.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Weapon animations are surging in popularity.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19398/

Right handed hunting rifle. Animations look pretty darn good too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

are there any mods that fix the DLC elevators? when you reload your game/your area, the buttons load in floating way above the actual elevator, making them unusable. Also, the four-floor elevator rotates for some reason. I know there's a fix where you just store it and build it again but that's a giant pain in the rear end to have to do constantly, forever

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm still waiting for a mod that lets you do partial reloads on the lever-action rifle. (i.e. only show the bullet loading animation once instead of 5 times when you reload with 4 still in the clip)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Is there any sorta mod that enables saves in hardcore? The autosaving all the time keeps triggering the "Loading screen freezes forever" bug and it's super frustrating because the only solution I've found is to do a complete re-installation which is uhh, not great and I remember quicksaving/loading helping with the long load times.

It's irritating, because I like the food/water system because it adds some level of hassle and having to run everywhere is very nostalgic (though the destroyer legs aint no boots of blinding speed) but the other poo poo is so annoying; just letting me save manually but only in settlements might work.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yes. I use "Timed Autosave for Survival Mode", which rolls on roughly a 10-minute interval.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Anyone else using the CROSS cybernetics mod? I got the upgrade to "trivialize" lock picking but it doesn't seem to do anything?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You are always in the correct spot, no matter where you position the bobby pin.

Chupacabra
May 20, 2005

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Is there any sorta mod that enables saves in hardcore? The autosaving all the time keeps triggering the "Loading screen freezes forever" bug and it's super frustrating because the only solution I've found is to do a complete re-installation which is uhh, not great and I remember quicksaving/loading helping with the long load times.

It's irritating, because I like the food/water system because it adds some level of hassle and having to run everywhere is very nostalgic (though the destroyer legs aint no boots of blinding speed) but the other poo poo is so annoying; just letting me save manually but only in settlements might work.

I use this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12593/

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

The Lone Badger posted:

You are always in the correct spot, no matter where you position the bobby pin.

Yea that's what I thought but it doesn't seem to work...the novice one seems to work just fine though.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dr. Carwash posted:

Yea that's what I thought but it doesn't seem to work...the novice one seems to work just fine though.....

It says it works on locks 'below your skill'. I took this to mean that e.g. if you have the Expert park then novice and advanced locks are trivialised, but expert ones are not.