Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Looper posted:

what why it's a super good game
Tropical Freeze made me unreasonably angry at video games far too frequently and more often than not I never felt satisfied getting past its obstacles, only a sense of relief at not having to play whatever level/boss again which of course would be quickly replaced by intense anxiety at wondering what bullshit would be found in the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Snak posted:

Country Time pink lemonade with red wine in it.

Same but crushed strawberries instead of red wine.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello games chat thread

KCB & I are going to make chip butties and chicken

What is everybody else having?

breakfast tacos, because I still haven't found a decent taco place here

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Tropical Freeze made me unreasonably angry at video games far too frequently and more often than not I never felt satisfied getting past its obstacles, only a sense of relief at not having to play whatever level/boss again which of course would be quickly replaced by intense anxiety at wondering what bullshit would be found in the next level.

Oh, then just stop playing dude. e: I mean, stop playing something earlier if it's stressing you out

Bopopolis is still one of the best platforming levels I've ever played

Looper fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 16, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tropical freeze is extremely good please enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uyyRTCBE0c

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Looper posted:

Oh, then just stop playing dude. e: I mean, stop playing something earlier if it's stressing you out

Bopopolis is still one of the best platforming levels I've ever played
That's 2-K, right? That one was definitely hard but I think 5-K was the worst for me. That one was so nuts that I came dangerously close to just quitting there for good, after smashing my head against it for a couple hours I had to take a good 2 week break to relax enough to try again.

There was also a puzzle piece in the rocket level in world 6 that can just gently caress off, I think it's the last one that required a bunch of insane rises/falls to collect all the bananas/coins to get it to appear.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

What's a breakfast taco in this case? Hopefully not hardshell.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What's a breakfast taco in this case? Hopefully not hardshell.

eww no hardshell tacos in general are weird imo. umm scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon, guac, and potato. do you have suggestions?

I went to this hipster artisanal taco place near campus and man, the food was not at all worth what they charged for it. the infused tequila was pretty good though

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am drinking sweet tea and making doom maps. Soon I will participate in the ritual known as Let's Play

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

eww no hardshell tacos in general are weird imo. umm scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon, guac, and potato. do you have suggestions?

I went to this hipster artisanal taco place near campus and man, the food was not at all worth what they charged for it. the infused tequila was pretty good though

Nah no suggestions, I wish I could get breakfast burritos for cheap but they always seem to be pricy (mostly costing a lot for very little and I prefer big burritos) but oh well. Yeah hardshells are just...wtf

Potato in a burrito owns tho

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

soft shell tacos and burritos are for clowns and children

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

Well I hate both of these things so I will give up my soft shell taco eating ways. :/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm going to have a chicken sandwich today: sourdough toast, mayo, and cut-up fried chicken that was cooked in three pepper hot sauce. (Cooking in stardew valley inspired me to do some basic cooking of my own today instead of leftovers)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i won't back down

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

i won't back down

I mean, that's fine, please enjoy your fake food

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

oddium posted:

i won't back down
I won't stop thinking you're a weirdo.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Wanna see a hard shell burrito

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

Wanna see a hard shell burrito

That's not possible is it? Wouldn't it just become a taco by definition?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Chimichangas are hardshell burritos

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i won't back down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y06fozFuVvE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Looper posted:

potato and egg breakfast taco is dead easy to make. if you grate the potato then it'll cook quickly which means you can do it in a reasonable amount of time!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

burritos are for clowns and children

gently caress.

You.

I will go to goddamn SF and go to the mission and get me a burrito and ENJOY IT.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 16, 2016

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm sticking it out with Mega Man 1 and I took down Bomb Man. Seems like any level without a stupid platform puzzle gimmick is extremely doable.

Guts Man and Ice Man are going to be very frustrating for you, but I wish you well in your quest (Bomb Man is a very good first victim).

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

oddium posted:

What is this hosed up idiot poo poo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Guts Man and Ice Man are going to be very frustrating for you, but I wish you well in your quest (Bomb Man is a very good first victim).

I have taken down Cutman, Bomb Man and Fire Man. Literally the only thing in my way are platform things that I will have to try to get a hang of. Ice Man has this one sequence that I simply can't do at all right now and I have encountered the same problem with Elec Man 😑

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have taken down Cutman, Bomb Man and Fire Man. Literally the only thing in my way are platform things that I will have to try to get a hang of. Ice Man has this one sequence that I simply can't do at all right now and I have encountered the same problem with Elec Man 😑

Being 100 percent honest here. I cheesed Ice Man. gently caress doing that level legitimately.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

Do you have to finish elecman's stage to get the magnet beam, or can you just get it and die? The magnet beam trivializes most of gutsman and iceman's stages iirc.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

raditts posted:

Do you have to finish elecman's stage to get the magnet beam, or can you just get it and die? The magnet beam trivializes most of gutsman and iceman's stages iirc.

Need Gutsman power to get the Magnet beam.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I would try Elec Man first. The intro to Guts Man has the brutal swift dumping platforms (which, thankfully, the mostly dropped after the first game). Ice Man has the dreaded disappearing blocks, which the series continues to use, but at least in some of the later games, you can cheese them with Rush Jet. Plus, after all the blocks, there's a portion of jumping over bottomless pits that's super-hard in Ice Man iirc.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shindragon posted:

Need Gutsman power to get the Magnet beam.

Bomb Man can destroy those blocks too (I think?)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Magnet beam helps with Ice Man but not Guts Man, I think.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

raditts posted:

Bomb Man can destroy those blocks too (I think?)

Not that I recall. It's either Guts Man/Elec Man (Thunder Beam works)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am gathering that maybe I should skip ahead to Mega Man II and come back to the original later.

I would honestly suggest skipping to 3.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm sticking it out with Mega Man 1 and I took down Bomb Man. Seems like any level without a stupid platform puzzle gimmick is extremely doable.

Get the magnet beam, stupid.

Bicyclops posted:

Magnet beam helps with Ice Man but not Guts Man, I think.

You can completely bypass the platforming sections in Guts Man's stage with magnet beam.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I didn't even know the Magnet Beam was a thing I could get but I guess I know what I'm doing next.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

You can completely bypass the platforming sections in Guts Man's stage with magnet beam.

Huh. I didn't know it had that kind of utility.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

Huh. I didn't know it had that kind of utility.

You can also use it to do some loving insane glitching, but that's a bit advanced for a first playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYAW9WoLHks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Congrats. I find time challenges very stressful.

• Locked thread