Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Space T Rex posted:

Don't you dare say that I've been pumped to see what he evolves into since the day we met eyes. He evolves, I know it!!!

I could've sworn he did but maybe it was a fake leak or I dreamed it up?? Who knows!

Anyway, holy gently caress I keep forgetting about Minior and I'm so mad because he is such a goddamn cutie and I love him and I can't wait to add my Cool and New Friend Minior to my team.

I hope he evolves into something named Mightior :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I too am angry about a slight by a fictional character that only exists in my mind.

Aren't we all. :j:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

ash-greninja is extremely good

It'd be better if it was wearing Ash's hat.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

agreed

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm gonna be really upset if ugly Tsareena's ability is the one you want in doubles. I'd much rather use Bruxish, a truly beautiful pokemon.

According to the Japanese site, they have the exact same effect. The specifics of said effect aren't known, though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FishBulb posted:

When the demo comes out on Tuesday we will probably know for sure about the starters right? That'll be nice. To be done with all this speculating

We'll know the entire Pokedex by noon tomorrow.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what if ash greninja was ash in a greninja costume rather than the other way around

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I watched an xyz gym battle yesterday where ash's burning shonen spirit became visible and powered him up so he's alright by me

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Ruggington posted:

I'd be ok with a dragon conkeldurr that can also use draco

I don't think Kommo-O will be slow, it just won't be really fast (between 80 and 100, but probably less than 98, which is hydreigon's speed). The generally try to 'sub-optimize' the pseudo legendaries with mixed attacking stats they may never use, and high defense seems obvious from it's armored appearance, so I think they'll give it relatively low special defense, like they gave goodra base 70 physical defense.

Also has anyone else noticed how high special defense correlates with smoothness? For example goodra, regice, tentacruel, milotic, etc. What do you think this guys special defense stat is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6hiBUsOBmo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

make it dragon terrakion

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I've got two Volcanion codes, for the first two people to make the case in at least two sentences that Gengar is the coolest OR Golem is the worst.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Space T Rex posted:

Don't you dare say that I've been pumped to see what he evolves into since the day we met eyes. He evolves, I know it!!!

you can't meet eyes with him he's always asleep

e: you should get a lady one and call it ms marvel

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Nth Doctor posted:

I've got two Volcanion codes, for the first two people to make the case in at least two sentences that Gengar is the coolest OR Golem is the worst.

Gengar has the most dazzling smile, It must make all the girls swoon. Gengar takes care of his teeth better than any other Pokemon, and that's why it likes to show them off to everyone.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm not interested in the codes, cuz I already have two codes myself but: Gengar is the best pokemon cuz it is the fully evolved form of the only ghost line in gen. And since ghost types are the best that makes Gengar obviously the best.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm also not interested in the codes but Golem is a super lazy name that's kinda weird now that we have an actual Jewish golem Pokemon.

E: Also I have a grudge against it because before I ever looked up anything about the games I grinded a Graveler to like level 80 trying to make it evolve. :saddowns:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dragon/Fighting is ridiculously cool

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

PSWII60 posted:

Gengar has the most dazzling smile, It must make all the girls swoon. Gengar takes care of his teeth better than any other Pokemon, and that's why it likes to show them off to everyone.

Check your PMs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its gonna be really sad if Golem doesn't get an Alolan form to salvage his entire garbage line.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nth Doctor posted:

Golem lost its extra arms when it evolved. How do you mess up what Machamp did so well. Golem is the worst. Also why is it ground type? Just rock would have made it such a better pokemon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Alolan Golem is Ground/Rock with increased special attack and regular defense.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

RC Cola posted:

Golem lost its extra arms when it evolved. How do you mess up what Machamp did so well. Golem is the worst. Also why is it ground type? Just rock would have made it such a better pokemon.

Perfect. Check your PMs.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I don't think Kommo-O will be slow, it just won't be really fast (between 80 and 100, but probably less than 98, which is hydreigon's speed). The generally try to 'sub-optimize' the pseudo legendaries with mixed attacking stats they may never use, and high defense seems obvious from it's armored appearance, so I think they'll give it relatively low special defense, like they gave goodra base 70 physical defense.

Also has anyone else noticed how high special defense correlates with smoothness? For example goodra, regice, tentacruel, milotic, etc. What do you think this guys special defense stat is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6hiBUsOBmo

I just want him to be 103 base speed.

gently caress you, Garchomp!

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

when does the demo drop? 12am EST on Tuesday?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

when does the demo drop? 12am EST on Tuesday?

I doubt it, few things get midnight release on the eShop and a demo probably won't fit the bill, but here's hoping.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
*pounds fork and knife on table* data mining data mining

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nth Doctor posted:

Perfect. Check your PMs.

Thank you!
Another thing, 'It is capable of blowing itself up. It uses this explosive force to jump from mountain to mountain'
If you're blown up, how are you in any state to be on another mountain. Stupid golem.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Thank you!
Another thing, 'It is capable of blowing itself up. It uses this explosive force to jump from mountain to mountain'
If you're blown up, how are you in any state to be on another mountain. Stupid golem.

I can imagine it trying to hold in the explosion like a fart but then it just blasts its butt away and that's how it jumps. When get gets to the other side he plugs the whole with the new mountain's rock.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

We'll know the entire Pokedex by noon tomorrow.

How, when the demo comes out on Tuesday?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

In certain timezones, including Japan's, tomorrow is Tuesday. You never know. :shrug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

They're datamining the eShop right now and are reaching the SM Demo cave as we speak, clearly. :rolleyes:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ariados posted:

It spins string not only from its rear but also from its mouth. It is hard to tell which end is which.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Golem is a good dude and also my lizard friend.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

True Fact: Haunter is infinitely cooler than Gengar.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Flopsy posted:

Greninja's fine it's the other bit that rankles me. Also the implication that Ash is the one giving it away like. Yeah I fuckin' lost with this thing here you take it. Like gently caress me if he wasn't repellent enough. I hope his pokemon escape from Oak labs and start their own civilization the hell away from him.

The Raticates of NIMH.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I like Golem. I successfully caught a shiny Graveler, it's currently a shiny Golem in Pokemon Bank. Don't think I bothered EV training him but he's still a pretty cool dude!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Nth Doctor posted:

Check your PMs.

Thank you much.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

well, everyone thought it was a given that the gen 6 starters were going to have mega evolutions

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Thank you!

Did you ever play the game Splosion Man.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

We have Top Pokémen working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Classtoise posted:

We have Top Pokémen working on it.

(box labeled "S&M Demo Leaks" is wheeled into a large room filled with Tiger boxes, labeled such things as "NX", "New Metroid", "Satoru Iwata")