Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So images and video have started to come out of the collectors edition, and once again the release version of the statue is worlds apart from the advertised statue. Obviously a mass produced statue is not going to be the same quality as the master painted version, but this example seems particularly egregious. The master, assuming it's not just a clever render, appears to have cloth detailing, and the release is your subpar plastic fantastic action-figure. Was thinking of buying this at some point, thank god I didn't.

could be worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

could be worse

What in the hell is that abomination supposed to be?

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

xyigx posted:

What in the hell is that abomination supposed to be?

Going by the thingy in the background, something from Battleborn? That whole game turned out to be a clusterfuck.

Did they change the bullet speed? I am running scout with the Gewehr 98 Carbine and I swear I can throw bullets faster. There goes the getting up close and personal. :(

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I don't know but I feel like I have an easier time hitting at mid-range with LMGs and SMGs, about the same with medic guns although they seem to pack a bit more punch now while the sniper rifles seem harder to score good hits with. Granted I'm not a very good sniper but it seemed easier in the beta.

I love playing support, I love gas grenades and I love mortars both airburst and HE. Tfw you thread the needle into a house with a hole in the roof and wipe a whole squad who don't know what's hitting them :clint:

In like 13 hours and a bit we'll know if it can be unlocked early with VPN to new zealand, gonna give it a try at least.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Gonkish posted:

The price tiers for the pre-orders and editions and all of this is classic EA. Jesus christ, 130 bucks or whatever it is for the super ultra maximum biggus-dickus uber edition? Really? drat, EA. drat.

Game looks amazing despite this, and I'm tempted to grab it for $46 bucks on GMG.

Battlefield 2 with all the expansions cost $100 which is about $123 in 2016 money

The $130 edition contains more content than paying $123 bucks would get you in 2006, but yes EA is totally jewing you here, waah DLC is manipulative why can't we go back a decade when games cost the same amount of money for the same stuff

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Did they change the bullet speed? I am running scout with the Gewehr 98 Carbine and I swear I can throw bullets faster. There goes the getting up close and personal. :(

The Gewehr 98's unique characteristic is high bullet velocity, at 880m/s. Other sniper rifles are in the region of 700m/s. The exception is the Martini-Henry, that gun instagibs normal infantry between 30-80m in exchange for travelling at 440m/s. If you sniped at all in BF3 it feels like home.

I still can't get over sniper rifles rarely doing less than 80% health.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Delacroix posted:

The Gewehr 98's unique characteristic is high bullet velocity, at 880m/s. Other sniper rifles are in the region of 700m/s. The exception is the Martini-Henry, that gun instagibs normal infantry between 30-80m in exchange for travelling at 440m/s. If you sniped at all in BF3 it feels like home.

I still can't get over sniper rifles rarely doing less than 80% health.
If you are shooting at groups of infantry engaged in combat, you don't even need to aim for headshots since most of those guys are going to be below 100 health, which makes an easy body shot a 1 hit kill.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Should I buy this dumb game?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

cheese posted:

If you are shooting at groups of infantry engaged in combat, you don't even need to aim for headshots since most of those guys are going to be below 100 health, which makes an easy body shot a 1 hit kill.

I know. You see it everywhere on maps with long sightlines like Suez or St Quetin's.

It's a big departure from older titles where damage fell off hard. Now the rifles cycle faster, require less lead and bodyshot for 92 damage from 90m away. A stray bullet is probable death.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I wasted all ten hours of my trial blasting dudes with the trench variants of the engineer weapons. I loved the p90 in BF4 and this is even better.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they just added some map that I think is in italy? its super mountainy

they added it to the rotation when I had 15 minuets left. RIP.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ofaloaf posted:

Should I buy this dumb game?

do you like good, and possibly, fun games?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh. yeah. the other 4 maps are unlocked

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/57uo29/italian_coast_ballroom_blitz_argonne_forest_and/

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Battlefield 2 with all the expansions cost $100 which is about $123 in 2016 money

The $130 edition contains more content than paying $123 bucks would get you in 2006, but yes EA is totally jewing you here, waah DLC is manipulative why can't we go back a decade when games cost the same amount of money for the same stuff

please keep defending both EA dumb business models and DLCs, we're listening

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kawabata posted:

:allears:
Seriously though the 9 maps at launch + the free postlaunch one is hardly a lack of content, and the weapon selection is really differentiated which easily makes up for the lower raw quantity than some other battlefields. Premium is plenty of content for the money so I can't really see a reason to complain here. This isn't battlefront where there weren't enough maps to justify the list price.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kawabata posted:

i will

battlefield 1 owns

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Legitimately thought about buying another trial account after my first one ended.

Battlefield 1 owns

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

do you like good, and possibly, fun games?

Then don't buy this one. :twisted:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Does anyone have advice for leveling the medic class? It's all about how much I use his class specific abilities right?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

New Concept Hole posted:

Then don't buy this one. :twisted:

:eyepoop:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Booyah- posted:

Does anyone have advice for leveling the medic class? It's all about how much I use his class specific abilities right?

Just play the class and do literally anything that gets you points.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Booyah- posted:

I'm pretty sure its literally just playing a class and getting XP

I don't think you have to do class specific things

killing mans and capping points should level you up just fine

that being said as a medic buy the healing box with warbonds

also if you are at least level 1 pick up another gun. I think the mondragon is p good

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Kawabata posted:

:nallears:

Does this mean the other Operations are available now?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Booyah- posted:

Shoot men with you are rifle. If you or you are pals get shot give them the jimmy-johns. If you are comrade dies, give him some heroin.

Also cap flags, spot enemies and throw grenades at tanks just like everyone else.

Points and leveling have and always will be very straightfoward in BF games don't overthink this poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alehkhs posted:

:nallears:

Does this mean the other Operations are available now?

probably yeah

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Grind through the first few hours of medic healing, reviving, and capping like mad until you get enough cash to by the moon dragon gun. It's a massive upgrade. For Support, I'd say the same for the Benet-Mercie. By contrast, Attack and Scout can get by with the default guns just fine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
for scout the russian 1895 at scout level 1 is pretty sweet tho

also for support the mortar is insanely good

when the shell flies up you get a birds eye view allowing you to adjust your shots accordingly

the HE version can wreck any tank with a efw direct hits (and infantry), and the airburst is awesome against infantry out in the open

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
and support actually gets a good direct terrain deformation thing, the limpet charge

yea you can put it on a tank or whatever, but if you know someone is o nthe other side of the wall just put it on the wall and enjoy your free kill

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I never paid much attention to BF4 upgrades and patches but did EA ever adjust gun damage/attributes over the life of BF4? Have they adjusted BF1 gun attributes between beta and current?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hughmoris posted:

I never paid much attention to BF4 upgrades and patches but did EA ever adjust gun damage/attributes over the life of BF4? Have they adjusted BF1 gun attributes between beta and current?

They did. More times than they should have.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qad9erdcCLw&t=737s

Hey Eonwe here's some footage of you getting merc'd.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
one of the best things about the game is that wearing your gas mask prevents you from aiming down sight

makes a huge difference in how close quarters stuff plays out

its fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qad9erdcCLw&t=737s

Hey Eonwe here's some footage of you getting merc'd.

LMAO

i remember that. I think he was literally sitting in the corner hiding waiting for someone to pick up the flame trooper kit

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The M1903 experimental looks super cool. Instead of being a normal rifle it becomes a weird SMG-like gun with a 40 round magazine. For when you want to get aggressive with recon.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I remember that round. im glad that Vote_For_Trump16 can be clearly seen at the end-round scoreboard.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The M1903 experimental looks super cool. Instead of being a normal rifle it becomes a weird SMG-like gun with a 40 round magazine. For when you want to get aggressive with recon.

The damage is pathetic and the hipfire isn't good enough either. It's basically a much, much shittier MP-18. You're better off with the Man-Licker or the trench Winchester.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i really want to try out the fake sniper head thingy

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
I don't remember hearing anything at all about a pigeon mode :confused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L8kZZYCo40

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Tarantula posted:

I don't remember hearing anything at all about a pigeon mode :confused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L8kZZYCo40

It's Obliteration but with pigeons.

Edit: Oh wait, that's single player. Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Kibayasu posted:

It's Obliteration but with pigeons.

Edit: Oh wait, that's single player. Nevermind.

Ah single player, well i'm excited to play as a pigeon, speckled jims my name, messages are my game.